"How to import songs from Spotify to GarageBand for editing?" To connect GarageBand Spotify, you need to use a Spotify to GarageBand converter to help you out. Because GarageBand only works with iTunes. Instead of buying and downloading the exact same songs in the Spotify playlist from iTunes Store, it's better to download Spotify music to GarageBand-supported audio tracks for using.
But how to do that? Don't worry! Here we will share the best workaround to download Spotify songs for GarageBand and how to import music from Spotify to GarageBand. Let's move on!
Part 1. Can You Import Songs from Spotify to GarageBand?
"Can you import songs from Spotify to GarageBand?" or "Does GarageBand work with Spotify?" We had discussed that and the answer is nagetive. Now, in this part, we will show you more details about why you can't import a song from Spotify into GarageBand directly. And then, we will figure out how to put a song from Spotify into GarageBand.
What Is GarageBand?
GarageBand is a full-function music creation studio for your macOS, iOS and iPadOS devices. It comes with a series of great features for creating music projects. It includes instruments, presets for guitars, special audio effects, voice recording, and more. This tool is free. And it is pretty easy to use for junior artists, music fans, and students.
Besides, GarageBand is also a ringtone maker. It allows you to create an iPhone ringtone without using iTunes. And it can support a wide range of paid and free plugins.
What Audio Is Supported by GarageBand
Apple GarageBand adds files by recording or importing. When recording in GarageBand, it will record the songs with 16bit/44.1KHz. If you have music at 48KHz, GarageBand won't support recording these songs. For the importing format, GarageBand supports AIFF, CAF, WAV, AAC, MP3, and so on. Yet, it doesn't support protected AAC files.
Why You Can't Import Music from Spotify to GarageBand
There is no Spotify GarageBand app to stream Spotify music in GarageBand. And like other streaming music services, Spotify has encrypted its audio files. What's more, Spotify tracks are Ogg Vorbis files. Even if you have downloaded Spotify songs, you still couldn't add Spotify song to GarageBand. The Spotify audio format is not supported by GarageBand.
|Supported GarageBand Input Formats||AIFF, CAF, WAV, AAC, MP3, etc.|
|Spotify Songs||Protected OGG Vorbis|
From what we discussed above, we can make a conclusion on how to import Spotify songs to GarageBand. It's necessary to convert Spotify music to common audio files locally, which are compatible with GarageBand. But how? Here let's move on next part to get the solution.
Part 2. How to Get Spotify GarageBand Work Together
2.1 Spotify to GarageBand Converter
DRmare Spotify Music Converter for Mac is one of the best Spotify to GarageBand converters. It features lossless audio encoding technology and 5X converting speed. It makes Spotify music download easier than ever. It can convert Spotify songs to MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4B, and M4A. Obviously, there are lots of output audio formats that can be recognized by GarageBand. So, with this all-in-one Spotify music converter, you can easily get music from Spotify to GarageBand for mixing songs. Also, in this Spotify to GarageBand converter, you can define the audio channel, bit rate, and more of Spotify songs if you want. Then you will get a better quality of Spotify files, which you can use in GarageBand.
DRmare Spotify to GarageBand Converter
- Support to download music from Spotify to GarageBand music library
- Convert Spotify music to AAC, MP3, WAV, etc. as GarageBand-supported formats
- Enable you to distribute Spotify songs to other editing tools like GarageBand, Camtasia
- Capture the Spotify ID3 tags and metadata while working at a fast rate
3.2 How to Download Spotify Music for GarageBand
Wonder how does DRmare Spotify Music Converter work to download Spotify music for GarageBand? No problem. Here you go. Click the "Download" button to install the DRmare Spotify Music Converter for Mac on your computer. After that, let us walk you through how to save Spotify songs to computer for GarageBand. And that, you can easily export Spotify songs to GarageBand.
Note: DRmare Spotify Music Converter is only for personal use. So, please don't use it for commercials.
- Step 1Import Spotify songs or playlists to use with GarageBand
- DRmare Spotify Music Converter supports downloading songs from the Spotify app by doing a few clicks. Drag & drop the songs, albums, and playlists from the Spotify app to the DRmare software main screen. Or you can input the Spotify URL link to DRmare Software's search box. And then press "+" to add Spotify files to convert for editing in GarageBand.
- Step 2Choose output format for GarageBand Spotify music
- DRmare Spotify Music Converter supports six different formats, including MP3, M4A, WAV, FLAC, M4B, and AAC. Please click 'DRmare Spotify Music Converter for Mac' from Apple's top left menu icon. Then click "Preferences" to choose the Spotify audio format as GarageBand-support one, such as MP3 or AAC. Also, please change the bit rate and other audio parameters of Spotify songs as you want in the same setting window. Please don't forget to click the 'OK" button to confrim all settings.
- Step 3Save Spotify music to GarageBand-supported audio files
- At last, you can choose an output folder and click the "Convert" button to launch the process. It will extract Spotify music to GarageBand-compatible files and save them on your local computer. The time it takes may vary depending on how many songs you imported. When it is done, the Spotify music downloads will be ready to be used in GarageBand and anywhere.
Part 3. How to Add Spotify Music to GarageBand on Mac / iPhone / iPad
In this post, we know that GarageBand is a great tool to get started in the realm of music editing. With GarageBand, you can start a project on one Apple device and continue on another one. Adding instrument effects like drummer, guitar, and recording vocals is just a breeze. Now, you can create your musical masterpiece with Spotify songs after getting music into GarageBand from Spotify. Just follow a certain guide to put a song from Spotify in to GarageBand for editing on Mac, iPhone and iPad.
3.1 How to Add a Song from Spotify to GarageBand on Mac
- Open iTunes, click "File" > "Add Files to Library" button to import Spotify songs to iTunes.
- Open GarageBand on your Mac computer and open the "Media Browser".
- You can select a Spotify song from iTunes and drag Spotify music into the screen of GarageBand.
- From there, you can edit Spotify songs in GarageBand such as adding effects and so on.
- When it is done, you can export Spotify music as a ringtone or share it with your friends.
3.2 How to Import Songs from Spotify to GarageBand on iPhone and iPad
- Import converted Spotify songs to the iTunes library. Please select the "Edit" > "Preferences" >"General" tab. Then it will activate the "iCloud Music Library".
- Your Spotify songs will be synced to other Apple devices like your iPhone. Please make sure the "iCloud Music Library" turns on well on your iPhone.
- Launch the GarageBand for iOS app on your iPhone. Navigate to the "Tracks View" > "Loop Browser" > "Music" section. The Spotify songs that are available to import will show up. You can choose your favorite Spotify songs to import in GarageBand on iPhone and iPad.
Part 4. FAQs of Putting and Using Spotify with GarageBand
For people who aren't familiar with GarageBand, you can check the FAQs about GarageBand here.
Q1: Can You Use Spotify with GarageBand on a PC?
A: No. Now, there is no Windows version of GarageBand. It only works with Mac and iOS devices. If you still want to do that, you have to install the macOS on a virtual machine. Then you can install and use GarageBand via the virtual machine on Windows computer.
Q2: Can I Add Music from Spotify to GarageBand?
A: In general, you can't do that. But you can achieven this goal via the third-party software, called DRmare Spotify Music Converter. With this tool, you can download and save Spotify songs to GarageBand-supported audio files and add Spotify song to GarageBand for mixing with ease.
Q3: How to Import and Use Spotify Music as iPhone Ringtone through GarageBand?
GarageBand can create ringtones for iPhone by using local audio files or GarageBand music library. Since you can import music from Spotify to GarageBand, now you can make Spotify songs as an iPhone ringtone. Let's see how to do it.
- Launch the iTunes program from your computer. Then sync the downloaded Spotify songs to iTunes.
- Open the GarageBand app on your iPhone.
- Hit on the 'Audio Recorder' on GarageBand.
- Touch on the '+' icon at the top-right corner and change 'Section A' to 'Automatic'.
- Click on the 'loop browser' in the upper right. Then you can see the audio files on your iPhone.
- Press on the 'Music' tab to find the converted Spotify music tracks from iTunes.
- Drag and drop the local music from Spotify to GarageBand window.
- Hit on the 'play' button to play the song. Then touch on the down button menu > 'My songs' to store the audio onto your iPhone. To set the selected Spotify song as a ringtone for iPhone, you need to cut Spotify songs in GarageBand in 40 seconds.
- Touch and hold the stored audio track. And then press on the 'Share'. Then you can choose Spotify song as an iPhone ringtone or others.
Q4: How to Put GarageBand Songs on Spotify?
From above, we learned how to add Spotify music to GarageBand. Here, we will lead you on how to upload GarageBand to Spotify step by step.
Step 1. Launch the GarageBand program on your device. And then go on to export the GarageBand project you want as local files.
Step 2. Head to open the Spotify music app from your device.
Step 3. Touch the 'profile' icon and then choose the 'Settings' option.
Step 4. Hit on the 'Local Files' option. Then find and turn on the 'Show Local Files' switch.
Step 5. Click on the 'ADD A SOURCE' button to choose the local folder that contains your GarageBand project and add local files to Spotify.
Step 6. Now, you will put GarageBand music to Spotify. Then you can restart your Spotify app. Next, you can start to enjoy GarageBand songs on Spotify via the 'Your Library' section.
Part 5. In Conclusion
With DRmare Spotify Music Converter, Spotify songs can be downloaded as local files and saved on your computer. And then, it couldn't be easier to import songs from Spotify to GarageBand on Mac, iPhone, and iPad for mixing songs or editing Spotify songs as ringtone, etc. In fact, you can add Spotify music to not only GarageBand but also any other music editor for editing. Just mix Spotify music with GarageBand now!