- Convert Spotify OGG Vorbis to MP3, FLAC, etc.
- Batch download Spotify tracks at 5X faster speed for Rekordbox
- Transfer Spotify audios to Rekordbox, Serato DJ, etc.
- Keep raw ID3 tags and save the converted files locally
Spotify provides millions of songs for users to choose and make unique DJ playlists. How to import music from Spotify to Rekordbox for mixing? If you did some researches on Spotify and Rekordbox, you knew that Spotify Rekordbox is not available. Even if you have downloaded Spotify songs offline, you still couldn't use Spotify with Rekordbox. Because Spotify downloads are not local files that can be recognized by Rekordbox.
Although there is no Rekordbox Spotify integration, you can still try another way to do it. In this article, I am going to introduce a workable way to connect Spotify to Rekordbox. We will use a smart Spotify to Rekordbox converter to download Spotify music as Rekordbox compatible local tracks. After that, it's able to import Spotify playlist to Rekordbox.
Before getting started, it is necessary to learn about the reasons why you can't connect Spotify library to Rekordbox.
Rekordbox was originally used as a music analysis and management system to help DJs organize their music collection. Then it updates to a music controller. It provides extra tools that can connect to the laptop or link to extra hardware. Now, Rekordbox users can access the local music library on the computer for mixing DJ music.
Spotify is a streaming music service that saves songs in a special format called Ogg Vorbis. Meanwhile, this format is protected by Spotify. As a result, they are only playable in the Spotify app, even if you download them with your Premium account.
Rekordbox supports local tracks, but Spotify songs are cache files. Spotify songs are Ogg Vorbis, while Rekordbox supports ALAC, FLAC, WAV, AIFF, MP3, and AAC. And Rekordbox doesn't work with Spotify as they are not compatible. Under these circumstances, you can't directly connect Spotify with Rekordbox.
To load Spotify songs to Rekordbox, you have to download Spotify songs locally. At the same time, you need to convert the format of Spotify music. Thus, you need this DRmare Spotify to Rekordbox Converter to help you. As an all-in-one Spotify music converter, it is able to convert Spotify to MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A, M4B, etc without losing any quality.
You don't need to update to Spotify Premium subscription. The highlight of this tool is it has the ability to get Spotify Premium free. It's able to download songs from Spotify without Premium.
You can choose to keep exactly the same metadata as the original in the converted songs, such as the complete ID3 tags (artists, album, title, tracks number, etc.). Or you can customize the output parameters by changing its bitrate, sample rate, etc.
Beyond the basic features, this intelligent converter runs up to 5X lightning speed in the converting process. The numbers of converting tracks could reach to 100 after once manual addition.
With the help of this great tool, it couldn't be easier to transfer music from Spotify to Rekordbox. Now let's see what the concrete steps are to make the Rekordbox DJ work with Spotify.
After you have downloaded tracks from Spotify, it's time to use Spotify on Rekordbox. There are two ways for Rekordbox streaming Spotify. Directly transfer the Spotify playlist to the collection of the Rekordbox DJ from the local folder. Or, open File> Import > Import Track / Import Folder / Import Playlist in Rekordbox DJ. The following is the detailed instruction.
Get Spotify on Rekordbox from the Hard Drive
1. Select Spotify music files that you want to import into Rekordbox from the local music folder.
2. Confirm the 'Collection' icon on the left of the playlist is highlighted. Then drag audios into the track window which locates on the bottom of the Rekordbox screen.
3. After Rekordbox analyzed these local files, you can drag these songs into the playlist of Rekordbox. Now, the process to get Spotify songs on Rekordbox is all here.
Add Spotify to Rekordbox via iTunes
1. Go to the iTunes icon and tap on the arrow to see the detailed selections.
2. You can search for songs in your entire music collection, or in the playlists that made in iTunes.
3. Once you've found the Spotify music that you need, Rekordbox will upload Spotify songs to its music collection. Also, it will add the track data, waveforms, and so forth.
It's pretty simple to link Spotify to Rekordbox software, right? Now download and register for the DRmare Spotify Music Converter to experience the full functions of it. With it, you can use Rekordbox with Spotify for mixing DJ playlists. Or, you can directly play Spotify on Rekordbox offline for free.