"Can you connect Spotify to Rekordbox DJ?" Now, there is no direct way to do that. The Rekordbox and Spotify is not integrated now. So, how to make Rekordbox Spotify work?
No worry. It is easy to make it. You can do that by a Spotify to Rekordbox converter. In this post, we will show more detail about this tool for you. Also, we will guide you on how to use it to convert Spotify for Rekordbox. After then, you will see how to use Spotify with Rekordbox DJ. Here let's find the solution out below.
Part 1. Does Rekordbox Work with Spotify?
Rekordbox was used as a music analysis and management system. It can help DJs organize their music collection. Then it updates to a music controller. It provides extra tools that can connect to the laptop or link to extra hardware. Now, Rekordbox users can access the local music library on the computer for mixing DJ music.
Spotify is a streaming music service that saves songs in a special format called Ogg Vorbis. Meanwhile, this format is protected by Spotify. As a result, they are only playable in the Spotify app. Besides, you can't use them on other devices even you download them with your Premium account.
Yet, Rekordbox supports local tracks, while Spotify songs are cache files. Spotify songs are Ogg Vorbis audio format. But Rekordbox supports ALAC, FLAC, MP3 and so on. And Rekordbox doesn't work with Spotify as they are not compatible. Under these circumstances, you can't get Spotify Rekordbox DJ work.
Part 2. Best Spotify to Rekordbox Converter to Get Rekordbox Spotify Work
From the last part, we know why you can't get Rekordbox DJ Spotify work. So, to get Spotify to Rekordbox, you need to download Spotify songs to local files. At the same time, you need to convert the special format of Spotify music.
Thus, you need this DRmare Spotify to Rekordbox Converter to help you. It is an all-in-one Spotify music converter. It can convert Spotify to MP3 and more for Rekordbox without losing any quality.
You can choose to keep the same metadata as the original in the converted songs. It can save the complete ID3 tags (artists, album, title, tracks number, etc.). Or you can customize the output parameters by changing its bitrate, sample rate, etc.
Besides, this intelligent converter runs up to 5X lightning speed on Windows computer in the process. The numbers of converting tracks could reach to 100 after once manual addition.
The highlight of this tool is it can get Spotify Premium free. So, you don't need to update to a Spotify Premium subscription to use it. That's to say, it's able to download songs from Spotify without Premium.
With DRmare Spotify Music Converter, you can get local Spotify files for Rekordbox. Then you can import Spotify playlist to Rekordbox for mixing you like.
DRmare Spotify to Rekordbox Converter
Part 3. How to Download Music from Spotify to Rekordbox
With DRmare Spotify Converter, it is easy to get Spotify playlist to Rekordbox. Now let's see what the concrete steps are to make the Spotify Rekordbox work.
- Step 1Drag and add songs from Spotify to DRmare
- Install DRmare Spotify Music Converter on your PC. After that, open the program. Then the Spotify app will open. Here you can choose the Spotify songs you like to convert for Rekordbox. Then copy the link of the song or the playlist from Spotify. And then paste it to the search bar of DRmare. And then hit the '+' icon at the end. Or you can drag the song or the playlist from Spotify to the main interface of DRmare. Wait a bit while until all tracks are loaded into DRmare.
- Step 2Adjust the output settings for Spotify Rekordbox
- To make Spotify audio compatible with Rekordbox, please reset the output audio format. On the Windows device, please check the top title bar of DRmare. Then click the menu icon to open the Preferences window and choose the Convert tab. On the Mac device, please direct to the top-left corner where you can find the menu tab of Mac. Then choose DRmare Spotify Music Converter to open the Preferences page. There, you can reset the output format, bit rate, sample rate, channel and so on. Don't forget to click the OK button to commit the results.
- Step 3Convert Spotify music for Rekordbox
- Now, you can hit the big Convert icon to start to download music from Spotify . After the process goes end, please find and check the local music library. All converted Spotify songs are Rekordbox supported formats now.
Part 4. How to Connect Spotify to Rekordbox on PC/Mac
After you have downloaded tracks from Spotify, it's time to use Spotify on Rekordbox. There are ways for Rekordbox Spotify music streaming. You can transfer Spotify playlist to Rekordbox DJ's collection from the local folder. Or add Spotify music to Rekordbox vie iTunes. Or open File > Import option in Rekordbox DJ. The following is the detailed instruction to link Spotify to Rekordbox DJ on Windows and Mac computers.
Method 1. Use Spotify with Rekordbox from the Hard Drive
Step 1. Locate the folder that saved the converted Spotify songs on your computer. Then select Spotify music files that you want to import into Rekordbox.
Step 2. Open Rekordbox program. Then confirm the 'Collection' icon on the left of the playlist is highlighted. Drag Spotify audio into the track window at the bottom of the Rekordbox screen.
Step 3. After Rekordbox analyzed the files, you can drag them into the playlist of Rekordbox. Now, the process to get Rekordbox Spotify run is all here.
Method 2. Get Spotify on Rekordbox via iTunes
By using this way, you need to transfer Spotify songs to iTunes Library in advance. Once done, then you follow the steps below to connect Spotify to Rekordbox.
Step 1. Open the Rekordbox DJ program on your PC.
Step 2. Go to the iTunes icon from the left side. Then tap on the arrow to see the detailed selections.
Step 3. You can search for songs in your entire music collection, or in the playlists that made in iTunes.
Step 4. Once found the Spotify music you need, Rekordbox will upload them to its music collection. Also, it will add the track data, waveforms, and so forth.
Method 3. Use Rekordbox with Spotify via File Importing Option
Besides these two methods, you can also add Spotify to Rekordbox in a direct way. Please check the guide below.
Step 1. Please hit 'File' > 'Import' on Rekordbox DJ program.
Step 2. Then choose 'Import Track / Import Folder / Import Playlist' to add local Spotify files. You can locate and choose the files at the pop-up window.
Step 3. After that, hit the 'OK' button. Then your Spotify music files will be in Rekordbox.
At last, you can get Rekordbox Spotify work without any limit on your PC and Mac computers.
Part 5. How to Use Spotify with Rekordbox DJ on iPhone/Android Devices
The ways above are available for Rekordbox on Windows and Mac devices. If you use Rekordbox on mobile phones, then you can refer to this way. Here we will show you how to connect Spotify to Rekordbox DJ on Android/iPhone.
Step 1. Link your mobile phone with your PC/Mac via the USB cable. Then you can transfer the local Spotify music to Android phone/iPhone first.
Step 2. Launch the Rekordbox DJ program on your mobile device. Then log in to your Rekordbox account.
Step 3. Touch the arrow icon from the top-left corner on the Rekordbox's screen.
Step 4. Choose the 'Import songs' option. Then click on 'All songs' to locate the local Spotify music you moved on your device at Step 1.
Step 5. Select the Spotify songs and import them to Rekordbox program. Then head to 'Collection'.
Step 6. At last, you can mix the Spotify music with Rekordbox DJ tool you want.
Part 6. How to Export Spotify Music Files from Rekordbox DJ
Once finished to mix Spotify music on Rekordbox DJ, you can export them to your local device for use. In this section, we will show you how to export Spotify songs from Rekordbox DJ program.
Way 1: Export Single or Multiple Songs from Rekordbox
- Plug a USB flash drive to your computer.
- Open Rekordbox and select the 'Sync Manager' option on the bottom left.
- Search for the song you want to export by hitting on a playlist or finding it. Or hold 'Shift' keyboard and choose multiple songs.
- Right-click on one of the chosen song and choose 'Export Tracks'. And then choose your USB drive.
Way 2: Export All Songs in the Playlist from Rekordbox
- With your USB drive plugged into your computer, hit on the 'Sync Manage' button on Rekordbox.
- Choose a playlist and touch the 'Playlist' option.
- Choose 'Export playlist' and hit the option of your USB drive.
Part 7. In Conclusion
From methods above, it's easy to connect Spotify to Rekordbox. With DRmare Music Converter, you can use Rekordbox with Spotify for mixing DJ playlists. Or, you can play Spotify on Rekordbox offline for free. Moreover, you can use Spotify on MP3 player, Galaxy Watch and more devices offline as you like. Now download the DRmare Spotify Music Converter to try it out.