How to Play Spotify Music on Wear OS Smartwatches
"I have been a loyal user of Spotify music for a long time. I hear that Spotify has rolled out a wear OS app, so I bought the Fossil Sport for playing Spotify music offline when I am doing exercise outside. But it doesn't work offline. Anyone know what is the problem?"
For a long time, Spotify only supports the Samsung Galaxy Gear and Apple Watch wearable devices. With the release of the new Wearify for Spotify, users has been able to play Spotify on other smartwatches such as Fitbit, Fossil wear Android Wear OS.
But if you are the first time users, you may have no idea how to set up it and encounter some technical issues. Here we will offer an ultimate tutorial to cover all the tips you need.
Part 1. How to Use Spotify on Wear OS
Spotify is preinstalled on many Wear OS smartwatches such as Fossil Sport, but you may need to download it if you can't find it from the main app menu. Note: Before you get started, please make sure the smartwatch is connected to your home Wifi network or cellular data.
- Go to Google Play Store to search "Spotify" and click "Install" to install it to your smartwatch.
- Open the "Spotify" app from your Wear OS smartwatch.
- You can pair your smartwatch to your phone and input the code to login or you can simply input the account and password to login.
- After that, you can start to stream Spotify songs freely.
Part 2. What You Can Do with Wear Spotify and What You Can't
Spotify's stand-alone wearable app seems to be a lighter version of Spotify's mobile app and it integrates the Spotify Connect feature. You can use it to do a lot of things.
- Control music playback. For instance, you can you can check what is paying, pause, skip current playing songs.
- Play Spotify to other connected devices. With the Spotify Connect feature, you can choose to stream music to any other music playback devices on the same Wifi network such as Amazon Echo, Sonos, SoundTouch, laptops, Bluetooth speakers.
- Add songs to Spotify music library. You can manage your music library such as add songs, delete songs as well as sort the songs.
However, the Wearify for Spotify app is still not perfect as it is only the first version. It doesn't support 4G LTE streaming or offline playback. This makes it almost useless if you'd like to listen to Spotify music outside when doing sport. Anyway, Spotify may fix it in future but honestly it will take a long time.
Part 3. The Best Way to Listen to Spotify Offline on Wear OS Devices
Now you should know what you can't play Spotify offline while running outside with the Wear OS Fossil smartwatch. So there is not other workaround?
Don't worry. Actually WearOS supports to play local songs.
In this case, you just need to save Spotify songs as MP3 offline, then you should be able to play the MP3 songs on your Wear OS smartwatches easily.
You can use a free recorder online, just search it online from Google. Free recorder doesn't keep 100% original quality and the speed is slow though.
If you'd like to keep high quality to batch download Spotify songs quickly, you can try the professional DRmare Spotify Playlist Downloader for Mac/Windows.
This software stands out for its high performance like 5X converting speed, lossless quality. For more details, check the features below.
DRmare Music Converter for Spotify
- Friendly interface, easy enough for everyone to handle the software
- Support multiple output formats MP3, M4A, AAC, WAV, FLAC, M4B
- Keep original quality, ID3 tags, metadata and archive the songs by artist/playlist
- Enable you to really own Spotify music and get the most out of it
Now follow me to walk you through on how to download Spotify as MP3 on Mac/Windows computers and transfer the MP3 songs to your Wear OS smartwatches.
- Step 1Add Spotify tracks or playlists
- When you open DRmare Spotify Music Converter, the Spotify app will be opened automatically. Please drag & drop the songs or playlists you want from Spotify main screen to DRmare main screen.
- Step 2Choose a new music format
- Spotify songs are in 320 Kbps bit rate, you can choose MP3 format which is good enough to keep the 320 Kbps bit rate. In addition, MP3 is widely supported.
- Step 3Download Spotify music
- Just select and output folder and click the "Convert" button, DRmare software will help you download the Spotify songs to the specific folder as you set.
Part 4. Download Music to Fossil Smartwatch
To download Spotify MP3 to your Wear OS watch, you can use the Google Play Music app to help. Here I take the Fossil Smartwatch to show you how does it work.
- Visit Google Play music web player from your computer and then follow the screen instruction to browse and upload your music. It supports to upload up to 50,000 songs for free.
- Download Google Play music app to your Fossil Sport smartwatch and login with your account and password.
- Now on your Fossil Sport watch, you can choose to download the MP3 songs to your smartwatch local storage.
- After that, you can pair a Bluetooth and play the music on the go offline.