How to Play Spotify on Huawei Watch GT 2/ Classic / Sport
Q: To reduce the frequency of mobile phone use, I bought a Huawei Watch 2 to replace it. I have tried to use it to accept and send text messages and accept and make phone calls without a problem. But I can't figure out how to play Spotify on Huawei Watch 2. How can I use Spotify on Huawei Watch 2 itself?
You can listen to Spotify on Huawei Watch GT 2 and other Huawei wearables. But it needs you to use the Spotify music app on your phone. If you'd like to enjoy Spotify music on Huawei Watch 2 without a phone, the following alternative way in this article is your choice.
Part 1. How to Use Spotify on Huawei Watch 2 - Best Way
To make the audio playback on Huawei Watch 2 more convenient, it allows users to play music from local storage via a swipe. So can we play Spotify music on Huawei Watch 2 from local storage?
Because Google Play Music is the only app that enables you to save music on Huawei Watch 2 directly, you need to upload Spotify songs to Google Play Music in advance. This also could be the reason why you set Spotify as the main music service on Google Assistant, but when you use the voice commands on Huawei Watch 2, it opens Google Play Music on your phone.
Spotify music and playlists are protected by copyright technology, which limits users from uploading and sharing songs to other apps. To break the shackles, you can use DRmare Spotify Music Converter to download Spotify files to Huawei Watch compatible tracks. When you get local Spotify tracks, it's an easy process to use Huawei Watch GT 2 for Spotify control from Google Play Music.
How to Use This Tool for Huawei Watch 2 Spotify Offline
DRmare Spotify Music Converter is a desktop app for Mac and Windows operating systems. It is specialized in downloading and converting Spotify to MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A, and M4B. Let's see how to use this professional software to get offline Spotify for playback on Huawei Watch 2.
- Step 1Add Spotify Music to DRmare Spotify Music Converter
- When you open the DRmare Spotify to Huawei Watch converter, please activate it with your registration information. By doing this, you can convert the whole Spotify song instead of the first one-minute track of each song with the free version. Now, you can drag and drop the single songs from Spotify to the main interface. Or you can copy URL of the Spotify song or playlist and paste it to the search box of DRmare. Click the '+' button to load them with ease.
- Step 2Customize audio settings for Huawei Watch 2
- Huawei Watch 2 is compatible with only MP3 or AAC music files with a resolution below 320Kbps. So, please open the setting window by clicking the 'DRmare Spotify Music Converter for Mac' from the Apple's menu bar and the 'Preferences' option. In the 'Convert' section, you can define the Spotify music output format as MP3 or AAC. If you are using the Spotify free account, please set the bit rate as below 320 kbps to make converted Spotify tracks compatible with Huawei Watch 2 Classic and Huawei Watch 2 Sport.
- Step 3Download Spotify music for Huawei Watch GT 2
- You can customize the 'Output' button to customize the destination folder to store Spotify files. After that, please hit on the 'Convert' tab to start the downloading process. All ID3 tags in Spotify tracks will be kept in converted audios. You can find common Spotify music by clicking the 'History' > 'Search' option. Huawei Watch 2 can support them well.
Part 2. How to Play Spotify on Huawei Watch 2
From what we noted above, Huawei Watch 2 only allows users to play local songs from Google Play Music directly. Fortunately, Google Play Music is able to store up to 50,000 of your songs for free.
Due to this wonderful feature, it's easy to control Spotify on Huawei Watch GT 2. Since you can upload Spotify music and playlists to Google Play Music. And then, you can download Spotify music to Huawei Watch 2 from Google Play Music. It's time to free yourself from the clutches of your phone. Let's get started.
Step 1. Export Spotify Music to Google Play Music
You can upload Spotify songs via the Music Manager or Google Play Music for Chrome. Here we will take the later as an example. Please make sure you are using the latest version of Chrome.
Navigate to 'Google Play Music for Chrome' and select the 'Add to Chrome' > 'Add app' button. Open Chrome and sing in with the same account as Google Play Music. Go to the Google Play Music web player and choose the Menu icon. Then click 'Upload music' to upload Spotify music from your computer.
Step 2. Download Google Play Music on Huawei Watch 2
Please navigate to the Play Store on Huawei Watch 2 and search for 'Google Play Music' app. Once found, please click the 'Install' to install it on your Watch 2.
Step 3. Download Spotify Music on Watch 2 from Google Play
From the main interface of Huawei Watch 2, please tap Play Music from the apps lists. Sign in to your Google account and press and hold on Spotify music you want to play on Watch 2. It will be downloaded to the Huawei Watch.
Step 4. Listen to Spotify Music on Huawei Watch 2
Please tap the Settings icon to choose Connectivity > Bluetooth > Available devices, and you can connect to your Bluetooth headphones. Now, you can enjoy Spotify music on Huawei Watch 2 itself via the earphones without a phone nearby.