Q: "My Xiaomi Mi Band 4 cannot connect to Spotify. My Band worked perfectly with Spotify until 2 days ago, now it doesn't know Spotify is opened and playing songs. Does anyone share the same problem? Is there a setting I need to change? I would love to be able to control music from my smart Band."
With a simply designed outlook, Xiao Mi Band 4 is an upgrade integration of a step counter and a heart rate monitor, mainly used to track activity and monitor heart rate 24 hours a day. Besides, it is also used for viewing calls and texts, controlling music playback on phone and so forth. The ultra-long battery life allows the user to enjoy music without worrying about out of power.
Now let's back to the question at the beginning: Why can't you connect Mi Band 4 to Spotify? Today's article focuses on solving this problem and giving you the best solution on how to connect Spotify to Mi Band 4.
- Part 1. How to Connect Mi Band 4 to Spotify
- Part 2. How to Play Spotify Music on Mi Band 4
- Read More: Set Up Music Control on Mi Band 4
Part 1. How to Connect Spotify to Mi Band 4: Download Spotify Music
When the Mi Band 4 cannot connect to Spotify on the phone, please check if your Band can connect to other streaming music apps on your phone. If it can't, please check if the hardware is damaged or seek help from Xiao Mi after-sales service. This section pays more attention to deal with another situation, which could be caused by some bugs in the Spotify app on your phone.
First, let's take a quick browse at the main process.
1. Download tracks from Spotify Music app onto the local computer.
2. Import the local Spotify tracks to the phone.
3. Connect Mi Band 4 to your phone for playing Spotify local songs.
For starters, it is necessary to use an additional tool to get it started. The reason is that you can't really get the downloaded Spotify songs on your phone. The tracks that directly downloaded from Spotify Premium are cache files, which can't be found on your phone. And it is needless to say these cache tracks are not playable without using the Spotify app.
That is why you need a DRmare Spotify Music Downloader. Dedicated designed for Spotify Music, this smart tool is able to download Spotify tracks, playlists, and albums as real local files without losing any quality.
Moreover, these local Spotify audios are available to convert to MP3, AAC, M4A, FLAC, and such most-used formats. With the latest converting technology, this smart software keeps full ID3 tags, including artists, titles, albums, album art, and so on.
DRmare Spotify Music Downloader
To sum it up, you can download Spotify music on the phone by using the DRmare Spotify Music Downloader. Then control the playback of local Spotify audios via Mi Band 4, whether you have installed Spotify app on the phone or not.
Part 2. How to Listen to Spotify Music on Mi Band 4
Here are the detailed steps on how to download and listen to Spotify on Mi Band 4.
- Step 1Load Spotify music DRmare Spotify Music Downloader
- Download and open the DRmare on the PC. The Spotify desktop app will automatically launch. Choose what you want to download in the Spotify app. Then drag and drop it to the empty square of DRmare. Or you can copy and paste the link of song to the search column of DRmare.
- Step 2Modify the audio settings for Mi Band 4
- Open DRmare's menu > 'Preferences' > 'Convert'. Now you are able to change the output format, bitrate, and sample rate as you need. To keep the same sound quality as the original tracks, please select MP3, 320 kbps, and 48000 Hz.
- Step 3Download music from Spotify for Mi Band 4
- Hit the 'Convert' button to launch downloading. Wait until it goes over. After that, you can hit the folder icon to access the local folder and check the local Spotify music files.
- Step 4Transfer Spotify audio files to phone for Mi Band 4
- Move the downloaded Spotify files to the phone via the USB cable connection. Open the Music Player on the phone and begin to play any song. Next, open the 'More' option on the Mi Band via sliding the menus. Then a music player will be activated. The current playing music will show on your Band.
Read More: How to Set Up Music Control of Mi Band 4
Here is the usual way to adjust the settings up of music control on Mi Band 4. Refer to it if you need it.
Step 1. Download the Mi Fit app on the phone. Turn it and the Bluetooth on.
Step 2. In the Mi Fit app, click 'My' > your Mi Band 4 to make a connection.
Step 3. Allow the selection for the APP notification reminder
Step 4. Mi Fit app will ask to access notification. Choose 'Allow'.
Step 5. You will be asked to open the notification read permissions of the Mi-Fit app. Click 'OK'.
Step 6. Enable the Mi Fit app on the current page.
Step 7. A confirmation will pop up at the bottom. Hit 'Allow'.
Leave a Comment