How to Play Spotify on Multiple Devices - Top 5 Ways
"Can you play Spotify on multiple devices at the same time?" If you are a Spotify Premium user, you can enjoy Spotify on more than one device. But, you need to have the downloaded music offline on your computer. And if you are a Spotify addict, you may want to listen to Spotify anywhere and anytime. For example, you may want to play Spotify on your smart TV when you are in the living room. Or, you want to listen to Spotify on Harman Kardon HiFi speakers while in your bedroom.
While for a Spotify free user, when you sign into another device, you will receive a message. It said that "Spotify has been paused because your account is being used somewhere else." As a result, you need to log in and log out your Spotify account. It is really inconvenient.
Luckily, the issue will be fixed in this post. Here we will show you top 5 ways to play Spotify on multiple devices simultaneously.
- Part 1. Play Spotify on Multiple Devices via Spotify Offline Mode
- Part 2. Listen to Spotify on Multiple Devices with Family Plan
- Part 3. Enjoy Spotify on Multiple Devices Using Spotify Connect
- Part 4. Stream Spotify to Multiple Devices via SoundHound
- Part 5. Play Spotify on Multiple Devices without Premium
- Sum Up
Part 1. How to Play Spotify on Multiple Devices at Once via Spotify Offline Mode
With Spotify Premium, you can download Spotify songs for offline playback. You can play Spotify on up to 3 devices at the same time by Spotify offline mode. Also, you only need to keep online on one device.
Below is how to get Spotify listen on multiple devices with Spotify Premium offline mode.
Step 1. Open Spotify app from your computer, mobile phone or any other devices.
Step 2. Log in Spotify with your Premium account.
Step 3. Follow a playlist you like. Then hit 'Download' to download the songs to your device.
Step 4. Go to activate Spotify offline mode on your devices.
On PC: Hit the three-dot icon from the top left. Then select 'File' > 'Offline Mode'.
On Mac: Head to 'Spotify' on the top menu bar. Then choose 'Offline Mode' from the drop-down list.
On Mobiles: Go to the settings window of Spotify app. Tap 'Playback' button > switch on "Offline" option.
Step 5. Now, you can play Spotify on more than one device at once. Please go to other devices you want. Then log in with the same Spotify Premium account in Spotify app. At last, you can use Spotify account on another device online without any limitation.
Part 2. How to Listen to Spotify on Multiple Devices by Spotify Family Plan
Playing Spotify on multiple devices via Spotify Family plan is also a nice choice. Spotify Family is designed for up to 6 family members live in the same address. Family members can listen to songs with separate account. The Spotify Family plan only costs $15.99/month. It is much cheaper comparing to subscribe to 6 accounts individually.
This family plan is also good to play Spotify songs with different accounts on multiple devices. You can simply select the "Family Plan" if you are signing up for the first time. Or update it directly if you are an existing user. Then you can enjoy Spotify Premium multiple devices.
But, it won't sync your playlists across different accounts. But it is not difficult to structure them one by one. If you don't need 6 accounts, you can also share the plan with your friends.
Part 3. How to Play Spotify on Multiple Speakers with Spotify Connect
To play Spotify anywhere at home, there is no need multiple accounts and multiple devices. The best solution is to buy multiple speakers. Besides, Spotify Premium plan has the Spotify Connect feature. Many smart speakers like Sonos, Amazon Echo, Google Home supports it. So, all those speakers allow you to get Spotify connect multiple devices simultaneously.
You just need to link the speakers to the same source from your account via Spotify Connect feature. Here we will take the Sonos speakers to show you how does it work.
Note: Please connect your Sonos speaker and your mobile device with the same WiFi network.
Step 1. Download and install the Sonos app on your mobile phone. Then launch it.
Step 2. Hit 'More' > 'Add Music Service'. Then choose 'Spotify' option. Here you need to log in your Spotify Premium account.
Step 3. Fire up the Spotify app and start to play a song. Then select 'Devices Available' menu. Select the Sonos speakers as the target device. Then the Sonos speaker will start to play Spotify songs.
Part 4. How to Play Spotify on Two Devices through SoundHound
Many third-party players like Kodi, SoundHound supports to play Spotify playlists. And SoundHound is highly recommended. With Spotify Premium account, you can play Spotify on multiple devices with SoundHound. It also combines the feature to display lyrics for users just like the Shazam. When playing playlists from Spotify, it won't affect your original account.
As for SoundHound, it only works on Android and iOS devices now. And it doesn't support to play an individual Spotify track. Besides, you can't search Spotify tracks on SoundHound. So, to play Spotify on SoundHound, you need to have the Spotify playlist in advance.
Here let's see how to play Spotify on 2 devices by SoundHound.
Step 1. Download and install SoundHound app to your mobile device. You can get it from either Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
Step 2. Launch SoundHound. Hit 'Play' button > press 'Connect with Spotify'.
Step 3. Create a new SoundHound account and let it access to your Spotify account.
Step 4. Once it is done, SoundHound will show you all the playlists from Spotify. You can choose any playlist you want to start playing.
In this way, you can play Spotify on 2 different devices at the same time without problems.
Part 5. How to Play Spotify on Multiple Devices Simultaneously for Free
The above 4 ways to stream Spotify on multiple devices all for Spotify Premium users. And they are not perfect honestly. SoundHound only supports playlists. Spotify offline mode is time-consuming. The family plan costs $5 more than an individual account. And not everyone has multiple smart speakers. This is even worse when you have multiple devices or keep updating devices time from time.
So, how to play Spotify on different devices at the same time? To sync Spotify on multiple devices, here is a way for you. You can download Spotify tracks offline by DRmare Spotify Playlist Downloader for Windows/Mac.
It is a second to none professional software with highest music quality. The DRmare program supports both Spotify free and Premium users. It can work at a 5X fast converting and downloading speed. And it can convert Spotify music to MP3 and other common audio formats to meet your different needs. With it, you can easily play Spotify on multiple devices simultaneously offline.
DRmare Spotify Playlist Downloader
- Download lossless music from all the Spotify songs, playlists, albums, etc.
- Remove DRM protection from Spotify while retaining all the ID3 tags
- Convert Spotify OGG to common formats for playing on multiple devices
- Support lots of output formats and parameters like bit rate, audio channel, etc.
How to Get Spotify Play on Multiple Devices
To play Spotify on two devices or more, you need to get the Spotify songs offline first. Now, you can follow this tips to convert Spotify to MP3 songs. Then you can play Spotify playlists on multiple devices like a breeze.
- Step 1Add the link of Spotify songs to DRmare
- Launch DRmare Spotify Converter, the Spotify desktop client will be opened directly. You can find the playlists on Spotify app. Then drag & drop them to the DRmare main screen. Additionally, you can get the link of the Spotify track. Then put it on the search bar on DRmare and hit '+' icon. The DRmare program will load the tracks for you.
- Step 2Set Spotify output music parameters
- The supported audio format maybe varied on different devices. You can customize the output format according to your requirements. But if you has no idea about the bit rate, formats etc., there is a proven solution. You just need to keep the default preset MP3 profile. It works well for almost any players. To do that, please hit the menu icon on DRmare. Then select 'Preferences' and then hit 'Convert' option. There you can see the setting window.
- Step 3Download Spotify for any device
- Click "Convert" button from the bottom right. Within a while, you will get the offline songs. After the conversion, please touch on the 'Converted' icon to check all the converted Spotify songs.
- Finally, you can use and play Spotify on multiple devices at the same time as you want.
In this post, we had listed 5 ways for you to play Spotify on multiple devices. The first 4 ways are for Spotify Premium users. If you have a Spotify Premium account, then you can try them and get Spotify listen on multiple devices. While the last one is available for both Spotify free and premium account. With DRmare Music Converter, you can easily see how to listen to Spotify on multiple devices at once.