Q: Recently, I met with an issue that I couldn't get Volumio Spotify Connect plugin work with Spotify on my computer. I didn't know how to solve this issue. Is there any way to help me? Thanks in advance.
In order to solve this issue, in this post, we will show you more details about Volumio Spotify and offer a direct way and an alternative way for you to listen to Spotify music with ease. Please read on the article below and see how to do.
- Part 1. More You Need to Know about Volumio Spotify Connect
- Part 2. The Direct Way to Make Volumio Spotify Connect Work
- Part 3. An Alternative Way to Play Spotify Playlist on Volumio
- Part 4. The Verdict
Part 1. About Volumio Spotify Connect Plugin
Volumio Spotify Connect plugin is a tool designed by NanoSound and Volumio, which is just available for those who are Spotify premium users or own Spotify family accounts. If you are Spotify premium members or family account users, then you may be familiar with it. Volumio Spotify plugin requires you to install it on your computer before you listen to Spotify music.
With this plugin, you could control using Spotify App or Web interface and play on Volumio, so that you could enjoy and listen to Spotify music in your HiFi connected to your Volumio.
Part 2. Direct Solution to Solve Volumio Spotify Connect Issue
To solve this issue, you could follow the below tutorial and try to make Volumio Spotify plugin work. Please uninstall the previous version of the plugin by using the WebUI plugins page.
Step 1. Enable SSH and connect to Volumio by checking this site: https://volumio.github.io/docs/User_Manual/SSH.html.
Step 2. Download and install the plugin by typing the following commands:
miniunzip volspotconnect2.zip -d ./volspotconnect2
volumio plugin install
rm -Rf volspotconnect*
Step 3. Go to plugin section in Volumio WebUI and install plugin. Next, enable it and play Spotify music.
Part 3. Play Spotify Playlist on Volumio with DRmare Spotify Music Converter
From above, we had provided a solution for you to solve the issue. If you still can't get it work, then we would like to show you an alternative way. As you had known that Volumio Spotify plugin is designed for Spotify premium users. By the way, sometimes it will not connect to Spotify, which may frustrate Spotify users. Therefore, you could try the way below no matter you are free users or premium users of Spotify.
This alternative way is to use DRmare Spotify Music Converter for Windows/Mac to help you. It can download and convert Spotify music to MP3, FLAC, AAC and other common audio formats with lossless audio quality. Besides, it can keep original ID3 tags for you after converting, such as titles, artists, etc. You can use it to batch convert many music tracks at the same time with 5X faster speed under a normal network condition.
DRmare Spotify Music Converter
Steps to Convert and Get Spotify Playlist on Volumio
Now you can download DRmare Spotify Music Converter on your computer by clicking the "Download" button above. And then follow the steps as below to begin.
- Step 1Import music from Spotify to DRmare
- Please double click the DRmare Spotify music converter icon on your computer desktop and launch. Then drag or drop the music tracks from Spotify to the main program interface, or you can copy and paste the links of Spotify music tracks to the search box to add the music files. And then the program will recognize the files you want to convert and load them to the operating area.
- Step 2Customize output formats
- Here you could set the audio formats and other audio parameters, like bit rate, sample rate and channel for your Spotify music as you like.
- Note: For Mac users, you need to go to the system's menu on the top-left corner of the whole screen. Then tap DRmare Spotify Music Converter to open the settings page of DRmare program. For Windows users, you just need to click the Menu icon at the top title bar of DRmare. And then hit on "Preferences" >> "Convert".
- Step 3Start to convert Spotify music
- Once you completed the audio settings, then click "Convert" button and the DRmare program will start to convert for you automatically. After that, the converted Spotify music files will be saved to your computer.
- Step 4Play Spotify playlist on Volumio
- After finishing converting and downloading, you can check the converted Spotify music files on your computer and play them on Volumio. To listen to Spotify playlist on Volumio, you need to launch Volumio music player. Or you could also transfer Spotify music from your computer to other devices via USB and then you can enjoy Spotify music offline without any limitations.
Part 4. In Conclusion
With this powerful DRmare Spotify Music Converter, you don't need to worry about the issue of Volumio Spotify Connect not working. And also no need to care about you are not the premium members of Spotify. With this tool, you can feel free to download and convert music from Spotify and enjoy the music offline anywhere and anytime.
Leave a Comment