Plex Media Player is a tool that combines a lot of online streaming apps. It includes apps for videos, audiobooks and pictures. With it, you can get access to the local files from your computer where the Plex Media Server is installed. Plex works as a media hub center, playing any media on all your devices like smart TVs and so on have never been easier.
However, not all streaming apps are in Plex. For example, Spotify is the one. So, any way to get Plex Spotify work? Please no worry. Today we will focus on the topic how to use Spotify on Plex Media Player.
Part 1. Get Plex Spotify Work by DRmare Music Converter
As there is no Plex Spotify integration, you need to find a way to fix it. To get Plex and Spotify work, here is a way for you. It could be the best way for you to use Spotify on Plex Media Server.
This software can batch convert Spotify OGG Vorbis to MP3, M4A, M4B without quality lose. You can alter audio format and sound parameters of Spotify Plex as you like. The bit rate, sample rate, channel, etc. can be adjusted. Besides, it is easy to use. You can drop the Spotify tracks down to DRmare software directly. Or you can put the Spotify songs' links to DRmare.
When converted, you can move Spotify to Plex or any devices for playing. You can stream Spotify songs on MP3 player, smartwatches, smart speakers and so on.
If you'd like to listen to Spotify on Plex for free, you shouldn't miss this best way. With this way, you can download Spotify music to computer and upload the common songs to the Plex Media Server.
DRmare Spotify Music Converter
How to Get Spotify for Plex via DRmare Music Converter
- Step 1Import Spotify playlists to DRmare
- Get the DRmare Music Converter downloaded and installed onto your computer. Then open it. A Spotify app window will show. Then please enter to Spotify app to search the tracks you like to convert for Plex. Next, move the songs to DRmare main screen. Alternatively, you can get the tracks' link. Then paste them to the search bar on DRmare. And then click on the '+' button to load the songs.
- Step 2Choose output parameters for Spotify Plex
- DRmare has set the standard profile as MP3 by default. This MP3 profile should work perfectly on Plex Media Server. In case you have some special needs, you can click the top menu. Then hit on "Preferences" to change the profile settings. You can alter the audio bitrate, channel, etc. as you want.
- Step 3Download Music from Spotify for Plex
- Head to the bottom of the Spotify main screen. Then click "Convert" button. DRmare will download and convert Spotify to MP3 songs for Plex. You can touch on the 'history' icon to find the local Spotify songs on your PC.
- Step 4Add Spotify to Plex Media Server
- Now you are just one step away to enjoy Spotify on Plex. Please follow the steps to set up Plex and get Plex Spotify connect.
- Download and install Plex Media Server to your computer.
- Login it with your Plex account and password. If you are new, you can sign up one for free.
- Touch on the 'Settings' to launch the setting menu. Please make sure that the correct Plex Media Server is chosen within the settings menu.
- Choose 'Libraries' under the 'Manager' section from the settings menu. Then hit 'ADD LIBRARY' to choose the library type.
- Give a name to the library and select the language you like.
- Press on the 'NEXT' button the choose 'Browse for Media Folder'. Then choose the folder that you saved your Spotify audios.
- Next, hit 'Add' button to sync Spotify to Plex. Once added, please hit the 'Add Library' button to finish the process.
- When uploaded successfully, you can get access to Spotify music offline from the Plex client app anywhere.
Part 2. How to Get Spotify on Plex with Plex Spotify Plugin
Many users have complained online from Reddit that they can't add Spotify to Plex. The reason is that Spotify is not interested in adding Spotify to Plex and doesn't offer such an API.
The streaming music apps that are currently supported by Plex are Tidal and SoundCloud.
But don't worry. Though there is not an official Plex Spotify integration, you can use an unofficial Spotify Plex plugin or other apps. With Spotify premium plan, you can use Spotify on Plex via such plugin.
Here we will take Spotify for example to show you how to use Spotify in Plex.
- Download Spotify Plugin for Plex from the Plex Channels Forum or the Plex GitHub page.
- Unzip the downloaded .zip, you will see the plugin file with the extension .bundle.
- Place the .bundle file into Plug-ins folder of your Plex Media Server.
- Open your Plex and you will see the new Spotify Channel.
- Sign in with your Spotify premium account and password. Then you can play Spotify in Plex with ease.
Part 3. How to Add Spotify to Plex by Soundiiz
The two ways above requires you to use an extra program. If you don't want to do that, here is an alternative way for you. That is to get Plex Spotify work by Soundiiz.
Soundiiz is an online tool for you to transfer music tracks from one music platform to other places. Now, let's see how to sync Spotify to Plex with Soundiiz.
- Go to Soundiiz website. Then choose 'Spotify to Plex'.
- Log in Soundiiz via your Google, Facebook account, etc.
- Hit on the Spotify icon from the left side to connect your Spotify account.
- Touch on 'Connect' and 'AGREE' to let Soundiiz to access to your Spotify music library.
- Choose the Spotify playlist you want to move to Plex and check the box.
- Press 'Synchronize' and then choose 'Plex' as the destination service.
- Complete your Plex credentials at the pop-up window. Then hit 'Connect'.
- Begin to sync Spotify to Plex. Then you can play Spotify on Plex.