Plex Media Player is a free application that combines streaming media, including videos, music, pictures, and more. It allows you to access content from media servers from a variety of devices such as smart TVs, game consoles, phones, computers, and more. However, most streaming music services, such as Apple Music, Spotify, etc., do not offer their services to Plex right now.
So, can you get Plex Spotify to work? Please don't worry, here we will talk about how to connect Spotify to Plex. If you want to know, just keep reading this article. You can play Spotify through Plex in 4 different ways.
Way 1. How to Play Spotify on Plex without Premium via DRmare Spotify Converter
Since there is no Plex Spotify integration, you need to find a way to solve this problem. To make Plex and Spotify work, the best tool you can use is DRmare Spotify Downloader.
Although Plex supports almost all file formats, it can't read Spotify's unique OGG format. This is because Spotify music files are only cached files even if they are downloaded. They can only be accessed on the Spotify app. So, you need to use DRmare Spotify Converter to download and convert Spotify music to real normal audio files.
DRmare Spotify Music Downloader will retain the lossless audio quality. And you can change Spotify audio format and sound parameters. After the conversion, you can move Spotify to Plex or any other device to play. You can play Spotify songs on MP3 players, smartwatches, smart speakers and other devices.
DRmare Spotify Music Converter
How to Get Spotify for Plex via DRmare Spotify Music Converter
- Step 1Import Spotify playlists to DRmare
- Get the DRmare Music Converter downloaded and installed via the 'Download' button above. Then open it and the Spotify app will show. Please go to Spotify to search for the tracks you like to convert for Plex. Next, drag and drop the songs to DRmare Spotify Converter's main screen. Alternatively, you can get the tracks' link. Then paste them into the search bar on DRmare. And then click on the '+' button to load the songs.
- Step 2Choose output parameters for Spotify Plex
- To use Spotify on Plex, you will need to get the MP3 or AAC audio files of Spotify music. Thankfully, this Spotify converter has set the standard profile as MP3 by default. In case you have some special needs, you can click the top 'menu'. Then hit on "Preferences" > 'Convert' to change the profile settings. You can alter the audio bitrate, channel, etc. as you want.
- Step 3Download Music from Spotify for Plex
- Head to the bottom of the Spotify main screen. Then click on the "Convert" button. DRmare Spotify Downloader will download and convert Spotify to MP3 in batches. When it is over, you can touch on the 'history' icon to find the local Spotify songs on your PC.
- Step 4Add Spotify to Plex Media Server
- Now you are just one step away to enjoy Spotify on Plex. Please follow the steps to set up Plex and get Plex Spotify to connect.
- Download and install Plex Media Server to your computer.
- Login in with your Plex account and password. If you are new, you can sign up for one for free.
- Touch 'Settings' to launch the setting menu. Please make sure that the correct Plex Media Server is chosen within the settings menu.
- Choose 'Libraries' under the 'Manage' section from the settings menu.
- Then hit 'ADD LIBRARY' to choose the 'Music' option. Give a name to the library and select the language you like.
- Press on the 'NEXT' button and then choose 'Browse for Media Folder'. Then choose the folder where you saved your Spotify audio.
- Next, hit the 'Add' button to sync the downloaded Spotify music files to Plex. Once added, please hit the 'Add Library' button to finish the process.
- When uploaded successfully, you can listen to Spotify music offline from 'All Libraries'.
Way 2. How to Add Spotify to Plex via Spotify Plex Plugin
If you subscribe to Spotify's Premium plan, you can use an unofficial plugin to access Spotify on Plex. Once you are logged into Spotify, you can stream all your Spotify content on Plex. Here are the steps on how to use the Spotify plugin for Plex.
- Download a Spotify Plex plugin from the Plex Channels Forum or the Plex GitHub page.
- Unzip the downloaded .zip, and you will see the plugin file with the extension .bundle.
- Place the .bundle file into the Plug-ins folder of your Plex Media Server.
- Open your Plex and you will see the new Plex Spotify Channel.
- Sign in with your Spotify premium account and password. Then you can play Spotify in Plex with ease.
Way 3. How to Get Spotify for Plex via Soundiiz
The two ways above require you to use an extra program. If you don't want to do that, here is an alternative way for you. That is to get Plex Spotify work by Soundiiz. Soundiiz is an online tool for you to transfer music tracks from one music platform to another places. Now, let's see how to sync Spotify to Plex with Soundiiz.
Note: The free version only allows you to transfer Spotify tracks one by one. To sync multiple tracks at once, you will need to pay for its Premium version.
- Go to Soundiiz website. Then choose 'Spotify to Plex'.
- Log in Soundiiz via your Google, Facebook account, etc.
- Hit on the 'Spotify' icon from the left side to connect your Spotify account.
- Touch on 'Connect' and 'AGREE' to let Soundiiz access your Spotify music library.
- Choose the Spotify playlist you want to move to Plex and check the box.
- Press 'Synchronize' and then choose 'Plex' as the destination service.
- Complete your Plex credentials at the pop-up window. Then hit 'Connect'.
- Begin to transfer Spotify playlists to Plex. Then you can play Spotify on Plex.
FAQs about Spotify and Plex
Q1: Can I Play Spotify through Plex?
A: Yes. Although Plex does not integrate with Spotify, you can get Spotify on Plex in three ways.
If you have a Spotify Premium account, you can use the Spotify plugin for Plex to access Spotify directly on Plex. But if your subscription expires, you can't do that.
If you don't want to install an additional program, you can use Soundiiz to transfer Spotify playlists to Plex. But it can only sync tracks one by one. You'll need to pay to have it sync in batches.
If you want to transfer Spotify songs to Plex in batches, you can consider using DRmare Spotify Music Converter. It allows you to download and transfer Spotify tracks to Plex in batches with 5 times faster speed. You can back up your Spotify music on Plex forever.
Q2: What Music Files Can Plex Play?
A: Plex supports music playback in audio formats including MP3, AAC, ALAC, FLAC, M4A, WAV, and E-AC3.
Q3: Can Plex Play Atmos?
A: Yes. As long as the device you use supports Dolby Atmos, you can enjoy the surround audio effects when streaming music from a Plex server.
Q4: Can You Use Plex as a Media Server?
A: Yes. Plex Media Server works by connecting your media. It allows you to access all your personal media anywhere you go. It is free to download and use.
Q5: Can Plex Play Music Offline?
A: Yes. To download media from your Plex Media Server, you need to subscribe to Plex Pass. Then you can use it when offline or when the server is unavailable.