Part 3. Alternative Way to Play Spotify Music on Google Home
It's very easy to all Home users, including the newbie. But this way sometimes doesn’t work well. For example, when you say "playing … on Spotify", no sound comes out no matter you are using a free or premium account. In order to avoid unexpected situation, I will introduce the alternative solution syncing Spotify songs, playlists, and albums to Google Play Music so that you are free to listen to music tracks with Google Home through the built-in app by using voice control.
Since Spotify music files are protected by DRM copyright technology, you can’t directly transfer songs from Spotify to Google Play Music. You need to use the third-party Spotify DRM removal tool, like DRmare Music Converter for Spotify that is designed to bypass DRM protection from Spotify audios and convert DRM-protected music to plain MP3 and other Google Play Music compatible audio formats. Also, it can help you enjoy any Spotify song even you have canceled premium account.
View also: Top 5 Great Spotify to MP3 Converters
DRmare Spotify Music Converter
- Download songs, albums, playlists from Spotify with free and premium account
- Batch convert thousands of Spotify songs at up to 5X converting speed
- Remove DRM from Spotify music to MP3 and other Google Play supported formats.
- Play the converted music files on unlimited mobile devices, portable players
Remove DRM from Spotify Playlists for Google Home
Step 1. Import Spotify songs to DRmare converter. Please open the smart Spotify converter and Spotify app will be launched automatically. Now you can add Spotify songs, playlists or albums to DRmare's conversion window via dragging&dropping action. Or you can use the URL link of Spotify music to the search box and click '+' option to import them.
Step 2. Choose MP3 as the output format for Google Play. When it comes to choosing which audio format as the output format for Google Play Music, we highly recommend you choose MP3 as the output format directly, since Google Play will convert all of uploads to MP3 files. In this step, you can also customize other output parameters, like ID3 tags, bit rate, sample rate, etc.
Step 3. Remove DRM protection and convert Spotify music for Google Play. Once all settings are ready, please directly click the 'Convert' button at the bottom-right corner to start converting process. When the converting process finishes, you can locate unprotected Spotify tracks on destination folder and transfer them to Google Play.
Sync Converted Spotify Music to Google Play via Music Manager
1. Please open the Google Play Music Mageger on your computer and you will see the option 'Upload songs to Google Play'. You just need to click it and touch the 'Continue' button to go to the next step.
2. In the new window, you can choose the target location including converted Spotify songs and keep following the prompts until it starts to sync your Spotify music to Google Play Music.
3. Google Home comes with Google Play Music. You can now use voice to control this smart speaker and play all Spotify tracks as you like.