Can You Get Spotify Music on Your Kindle Fire [Solved]
"I was hoping that I could use the Spotify free on my Kindle Fire HDX and consider it as a tablet. But when I try to play any tracks, it is not working and saying it is a mobile device and not a tablet. What did I do wrong and is there a way to stream on demand music?" - Question from Spotify forum
With the popularity of streaming music services, many users start to change to listen to Spotify music on their mobile phones. For Spotify free subscription users, they can stream any playlists they want on computers. But on mobile phones, only shuffle playing is allowed. Sometimes Fire tablet is not recognized as a tablet. In this post we'd glad to offer full tips to help you find out the causes and offer a best solution.
View also: How to Play Spotify Songs on Echo
Part 1. Introduction to Kindle Fire and Spotify
Kindle Fire, now called Fire tablet is a tablet computer developed by Amazon. It was first released in 2011 with 7-inch multi-touch IPS display and customized Android operating system called Fire OS. Until now, multiple generations has been developed. The latest models are Fire HD 8 and Fire 7. Fire tablet is designed to be a strong competitor to Apple's iPad for entertainment, you can use it for reading ebooks, watching movies and TV shows, listening to music, playing games and much more. The latest models also support the Alexa voice assistant, making it easiest to control the playback of any digital media files.
In terms of playing Spotify songs, you can surely do that as long as you install the Spotify mobile app into it and sign in with a free account. But sometimes you may encounter limitations such as can't pick up the songs they want to play. That could be caused by that the Spotify app installed is old. Your tablet is not recognized as a computer. The possible solution is to update the app. Besides, another limitation for free users is that Spotify don't allow to play Spotify in offline mode on mobile devices. If you do want to do that, you can try to subscribe to the Spotify premium membership.
Part 2. Remove DRM from Spotify Songs to Play on Fire Tablet without Limitations
Fire tablet is a really portable device, you can take it anywhere on the go such as taking a subway, waiting for a bus. But sometimes even if you have subscribed to the Spotify Premium, you may still not able to play Spotify music on demand offline if your music are not downloaded and you don't have Wifi access all the time. So what can you do?
There surely is an available solution here. You can use DRmare Music Downloader for Spotify/Windows to help you save the Spotify songs to your Kindle Fire tablets forever. With the latest decryption and recording technology, it can losslessly unlock the decryption from Spotify songs and convert OGG to other common audio formats of files such as M4A, M4B, AAC, WAV, FLAC. In this way, you don't need to worry about any network problem or app compatibility issue.
Best Music Downloader for Spotify
- Lossless output quality and up to 5X Converting speed for any albums, tracks
- Batch download and backup and hundreds of Spotify songs to your devices forever
- The converted songs can be played almost any phones, tablets, game consoles
- Save annual subscription, you don't need Spotify Premium any more after downloading
If you like to listen to Spotify tracks on your Kindle Fire tablet, you can follow the steps to download them so that you can listen without internet connection. The trial version is totally free, you can try it out on your computer.
- Step 1Import Spotify music
- DRmare application is designed to capture files online, you can copy the link of the Spotify songs and then press "+" button on the DRmare software. Alternatively, you can drag and drop the songs, albums, playlists from Spotify app to DRmare program main screen more easily.
- Step 2Choose MP3 format
- You can choose an Kindle Fire compatible format such as MP3 which is a universal format. It will help you solve the troubles of struggling to find a compatible media player.
- Step 3Decrypt Spotify songs
- Now click "Convert" to make all the settings take effect. You should get all the DRM free music files on your computer quickly. Please just wait a while patiently.
- Step 4Add Spotify songs to Fire tablet
- The most directly way to transfer the Spotify songs to Kindle Fire is via USB. Please follow the tips below:
#1. Connect your tablet to your computer via a USB cable. Note: Please make sure the USB debug mode is turned on, else it may not be recognized.
Go to the Windows Explorer or Mac Finder to find the device and turn on it, you should see a list of folders and files.
#3. Copy the converted Spotify files to the music/download folder or you can create a new folder as you want.
#4. In the end, you can launch the music player and select the songs you want to play on Kindle Fire tablet.
- Besides this way, actually you can also upload the Spotify songs to Amazon Cloud Library in which you can ask Alexa to play the media files for you too. Any other questions? Please do not hesitate to tell us below.