Digital streaming files online provide easy access to us today, but there are also caveats. No matter how careful you are, there are times that may cause you lose files. Such as accidentally deleting a document, server error, computer crash, account being hacked and so on. That is why data backup is essential in the modern society.
And this is same in the digital entertainment area. If you have spent a long time to craft your Spotify songs, playlists, you'd never want to miss them in future. To avoid any desperation and frustration, you should definitely backup your Spotify playlists often.
Part 1. Export Spotify Playlist to Text for Backup
Spotify didn't come with a feature to help you export playlist officially. Thankfully, you can backup Spotify playlists, songs to text files with third-party web apps such as Exportify and SpotMyBackup.
It is the easiest way to backup all Spotify songs with one click. If you'd like to save your time, you can give it a try.
1. Launch your browser to visit SpotMyBackup.
2. Log in with Spotify account and password and click "OK" to grant the access.
3. It takes a few minutes to scan your account depending on how many playlists you have.
4. When the scan completes, you can click "Export" to backup all Spotify playlists to JSON text file.
Exportify is another Spotify web app which allows you to export Spotify playlists to CSV text file with more customization options. It is ideal if you want to keep a record of songs from each playlist.
1. Go to the Exportify website.
2. Login with your Spotify account and password.
3. It will show you all the playlists you have curated.
4. Click "Export All" to export all songs or you can simply click "Export" to export the specific playlist you want to text.
After exporting, you can save the backup files on your computer or print them. In the future, when your need to restore Spotify playlists or transfer your Spotify songs to new streaming service like Apple Music, Google Play, you can simply import the backup text files.
Part 2. Save Spotify Playlists Offline on Your Computer
The songs from Spotify music library maybe not available as time goes due to the contractions with artists or other reasons. One of such examples is that Taylor Swift had put all her songs off the shelf from Spotify several years ago though they are all available again now. If you don't want to be bothered with the Spotify music disappeared issue, why not try this most reliable way to save Spotify playlists to common songs?
DRmare Spotify Music Downloader for Windows/Mac is an specially designed for removing DRM protection and convert Spotify music to MP3, M4A, M4B, WAV, FLAC. It will keep all original ID3 tags and metadata, so you will have best quality songs just like the ones you bought from digital music stores. And you can listen to the music offline any time as you wish.
Best Spotify Playlist Backup Tool
The trial version is readily available, you can download it to see if it meets your needs or not to backup your Spotify music.
- Step 1Add the link of your Spotify playlist
- You can copy and paste the Spotify playlist URL to DRmare software. Or you can drag and drop the playlist from the Spotify app to the DRmare converter.
- Step 2Select a backup format
- Next you can go to the preferences window to change the output parameters. If you don't have a large hard drive, you'd better choose the output format as "MP3". It is in small size but the quality is still pretty high. On the other hand, if you don't want any quality loss, you can choose the lossless format WAV or FLAC.
- Step 3Start backing up Spotify
- Finally, you can choose the output location and click "Convert" to save the Spotify songs offline on your local computer. It doesn't support to upload files directly. But after downloading, you can upload them to network drive, Google Drive etc. freely
Part 3. Verdict: What Is the Best Way to Backup Spotify
Undoubtedly, all these tools can help you backup Spotify playlists well. In the first way, it export Spotify playlist to text files. This is good if you are going to transfer your music to a new account. But it is not perfect if you want to keep all the songs forever. As for the second way, it can encode your Spotify songs to common formats MP3, M4A, AAC, WAV, you can copy and play them anywhere. Also, you can share them with your friends, families. Last but not the least is that it will save your money. By downloading the songs, you don't need the month subscription fee $9.99 to listen to songs offline. It is highly recommended.
Any other questions? Please do not hesitate to let's know your thoughts by commenting below.