How to Download Music from Spotify to iTunes Library
Q: Can I transfer songs from Spotify to iTunes? – There are always some situations that I have to download Spotify songs to iTunes. I want to burn Spotify playlists to CD via the iTunes app and collect Spotify music and iTunes music in one place. Thus, is there another workaround to make Spotify to iTunes possible?
Spotify is one of the top-leading streaming music services. It allows users to assess to over 30 million songs for offline listening. It provides Premium subscribers the option to download thousands of playlists. Spotify gives users the ability to import local songs, including the iTunes library. But there is no direct way for Spotify users to download songs from Spotify to iTunes library.
Fortunately, we can draw support from the third-party Spotify to iTunes converter. Here we'll show you the complete tutorial to download music from Spotify to iTunes.
Part 1. Why We Can't Download Spotify Songs to iTunes Library
If you are one of the Spotify users, you might be familiar with the rules of Spotify. As a Spotify lover with a free account, you are not able to download Spotify songs for offline playback. Only in the case that you have updated to Spotify premium, you can get the rights. The downloaded Spotify music can be playable offline. But users can play selected media players and devices. It's a pity that iTunes is not included in the list of supported media players.
The key reason that leads to this dilemma is that Spotify music files are encrypted. It limits users' rights to utilize Spotify playlists, songs, and albums. That's to say, Spotify users don't truly own Spotify files. As a result, you can't put downloaded Spotify music on the iTunes library. In fact, you also can't transfer Spotify playlists to other devices and players, like WMP, MP3 player, etc.
Part 2. Best Spotify to iTunes Converter That Can't Miss
From what we mentioned above, it's obvious that Spotify songs are protected. The copyright protection restricts us to transfer Spotify playlist to iTunes. Another point we also need to know is that Spotify tracks are encoded in Ogg Vorbis format. iTunes doesn't support uploading Ogg Vorbis files.
To transfer Spotify to iTunes, you should break the lock and do format conversion. And then you can freely move songs from Spotify to iTunes. Here, we can meet DRmare Spotify to iTunes Converter. It's a one-stop excellent streaming music downloader and converter for Spotify. It is specialized in downloading any content from the Spotify catalog at 5X speed. At the same time, it can bypass the protection from Spotify songs, playlists, and albums. Besides, it can convert Spotify to iTunes supported M4A or other common audio formats. It works well for both free and premium Spotify subscribers.
DRmare Spotify to iTunes Converter
- Download songs, albums, playlists from Spotify with a free account
- Batch download thousands of Spotify songs at up to 5X converting speed
- Convert Spotify music to iTunes compatible MP3, AAC, M4A, and other formats.
- Play the converted music files on unlimited mobile devices, portable players
Part 3. How to Transfer Spotify Music to iTunes Library
Now, you can download this professional Spotify to iTunes playlist converter on your computer. It offers the free trial version to test its performance before purchasing. The following is the detailed tutorial to transfer music from Spotify to iTunes. You need to use this smart tool to convert Spotify songs to M4A or MP3. After that, you can directly add Spotify music to iTunes without limits.
- Step 1Add Spotify files to Spotify to iTunes converter
- Double click to open DRmare Spotify to iTunes Converter. And the Spotify app will be launched automatically. Once you login in Spotify with your personal account, you can start to add Spotify songs for iTunes. You can drag and drop songs, playlists, and albums from Spotify to the conversion window. Or you can copy and paste the URL link of Spotify tracks to the search box in the main interface. And then click the "+" button to add music to this smart tool.
- Step 2Choose M4A as the output format for iTunes
- iTunes enables users to import local files encoding the M4A or MP3 format. The output format of this free Spotify to iTunes converter is MP3 by default. So you can skip this step and keep it by default. If you'd like to set an output format as M4A, please go to the setting window. Click the menu bar -> 'Preference' to open a new window, in which you can see a list of supported output formats. Please choose M4A as the target audio format icon. In this step, you can also check the option of "Archive output tracks by". It will classify your output tracks by artist or album automatically.
- Step 3Convert Spotify music to iTunes compatible format
- Once all settings are ready, you can click the "Convert" tab to launch the conversion process. It will convert Spotify playlists to iTunes supported formats while unlocking protection. Besides, to make the converting process more smoothly, you’d better set the conversion speed as 1X.
- Step 4Transfer Spotify songs to iTunes library
- When the conversion process finishes, you can locate Spotify downloads on the destination folder. Now, it's time for you to export Spotify playlist to iTunes. You can choose the more suitable way to import Spotify playlists to iTunes.
- Method 1: The most intuitive way to download Spotify playlist to iTunes is by doing dragging&dropping action. You can drag and drop files or the folder included Spotify downloads to iTunes music library. Once imported successfully, you can play Spotify music in the iTunes library freely.
- Method 2: Launch the iTunes app and click the menu bar -> Files -> Add to library in the upper-right corner of the main screen. You can browse the files on your computer to find out the downloaded Spotify songs and folder. And touch the Open button to add them.
- Video Tutorial
More Tips: How to Import iTunes Playlist to Spotify
Speaking of importing iTunes playlist to Spotify, it also includes Apple Music files. But Apple Music is protected by FairPlay DRM technology to avoid unauthorized sharing. There is no official way to move Apple Music to the Spotify library. Put it another, you don't allow to import Apple Music from the iTunes library to Spotify directly.
But don't worry. You can use Apple Music Converter, which can help you remove all limitations from Apple Music. And it can convert Apple Music M4P to Spotify compatible formats, like MP3. After that, you can refer to simple steps to transfer common Apple Music from iTunes to Spotify.
Step 1. Please open the Spotify website page. Enter to 'Edit' -> 'Preferences' and then scroll down until you see the 'Local Files' box.
Step 2. There are lots of options for your choice. You can check the mark next to iTunes. Please make sure unprotected Apple Music songs saved in iTunes. Or you need to click 'Add Source' to locate the Apple Music files or the target folder.
Step 3. Once the iTunes library syncs to the 'Local Files' section, you can copy and paste Apple Music files to Spotify.