You need a DAC for Tidal if you want to make your habit of listening to music more fun. DAC is a device that converts the digital signal into the analogous signal, so that you can hear the music or voice that your headphone or earphones make. Almost all the devices have DAC then. Why do you need a DAC and here are the reasons.
If your device like a computer or smartphone is making some kind of noise while producing the sound, then you might want to fix it desperately. If you want to improve the overall audible quality, then you must buy a proper DAC.
This external device is worth buying as it will enhance your overall listening experience. After investing in it, you will enjoy the music on Tidal more.
Best 5 DAC for Tidal
Here are some best DAC for Tidal:
- Zorloo Ztella Headphone DAC/Amp
- iFi Hip DAC Headphone DAC/Amp
- iFi ZEN DAC Desktop Headphone DAC/Amp
- Dragonfly Cobalt USB DAC/Headphone Amp
- Topping D90 MQA Dedicated DAC
As we all know that Tidal has partnered with MQA to improve our listening experience and provide us with mastered quality recordings. If you have a HiFi membership, then you can avail of this opportunity, then it is better to enjoy it properly. Suggestions for the best DAC for Tidal MQA are given, and we will discuss them in detail.
1. Zorloo Ztella Headphone DAC/Amp
This device is perfect if you want to enjoy Tidal MQA. Here are some key features of this device:
- It will provide you with HD Audio PCM sampling frequency up to 384kHz.
- This device has HD Audio DSD sampling frequency up to 5.6MHz.
- It is MQA (Master Quality Authenticated) Renderer.
- The MQA version of Ztella has MQA+PCM-384K, and it also has DSD-5.6M.
- Ztella Standard version (PCM-384K + DSD-5.6M).
It is compatible with all the OS platforms, and it is extremely light in weight. It is elegant in its structure. This device is simple and efficient, and it is the best portable DAC for Tidal.
The price of this device is just $99.
2. iFi Hip DAC Headphone DAC/Amp
This DAC is perfect for music lovers as it will give them a perfect listening experience. If you are looking for a high-quality portable DAC then it is perfect, here are some key features of this device:
- You can simply connect it with the help of a USB, or you can insert your headphones.
- Because of the Burr-Brown chip, the audio will become just perfect.
- This device supports hi-res PCM up to 384kHz, as well as DSD256.
- It supports the 4.4mm balanced output.
- This hip-DAC will give you a perfect bass.
- You can enjoy a good quality of sound for at least 8 hours.
This device has a perfect design and an amazing color, which will make it look amazing. As it is lightweight and small in size, so you can easily take it anywhere, and you can connect it with your laptop or smartphone. It will also help you to enjoy Tidal MQA.
The price of this device is just $149.
3. iFi ZEN DAC Desktop Headphone DAC/Amp
This device will provide you with ethereal voice quality. It will give you sound as good as perfect, even in a noisy situation. Here are some key features of this device:
- It can also support PCM and DXD, which have 32-bit/384kHz. It can also support DSD256 and MQA.
- Due to the burr brown chip design, the direct stream digital remains perfect.
- This device supports Pentaconn 4.4mm outputs at both the front and back. It also has a 6.3mm headphone socket.
- This device has a switchable gain so that we can perfectly match it with our headphones.
After using this device with your smartphone or desktop, you can notice a difference in clarity and the quality of the sound. This device is smart and stylish, so you can easily carry it anywhere.
The price of this amazing device is $129.
4. Dragonfly Cobalt USB DAC/Headphone Amp
This USB DAC is perfect for those who love to listen to music while traveling. As we can see, it is small in size and extremely stylish. It will provide you with addictive sound quality. Here are some key features of this device that we must know:
- This device has a new flagship, ESS’s ES9038Q2M, which will give you a soothing sound.
- It has a 2.1-volt output, which makes it compatible with a wide range of headphones.
- By using a desktop device manager, you can easily upgrade it as the technology is upgraded.
- The chips that are used in this device make it capable of processing to 24-bit/96kHz.
This device is the best DAC for streaming Tidal, as it will make your listening to music experience just perfect. It is compatible with Apple, Windows, and PC’S, plays all types of music files like MP3, MQA, and High-res. It is also compatible with android devices.
With so many good features and extremely good quality, this heavenly device will just cost you $299.
5. Topping D90 MQA Dedicated DAC
This mighty device will give you the perfect sound experience. You will fell in love with this device the moment you hear your favorite music from it. It will give you a perfect bass, and this device will keep the sound warm and soothing no matter how loud it is. Here are some of the key features of this device that you must know if you want to buy it:
- This device has a top of the line AKM Velvet Sound AKM AK4499 DAC chip, which will keep the sound just perfect.
- This DAC has next-level inputs, which will make it easier for you to connect any kind of device with it.
- The USB and IIS (HDMI) inputs in it support up to PCM32bit / 768 kHz and DSD512 Native.
You might feel it difficult to learn it, but after knowing its specs and its way of working, you cannot get enough of it.
The price of this device is $799.
Extra Tip: Play Tidal Music Anywhere and Anytime
In this part, we would like to introduce a powerful tool for you to enhance your Tidal music and play them anywhere and anytime.
This tool is DRmare Tidal Music Converter. It can convert your Tidal music to plain MP3 and other audio formats with high quality. Besides, you can define the audio format, bit rate, etc. for Tidal songs. Then you can save them to your computer and use them anywhere and anytime.
DRmare Tidal Music Downloader
- Step 1Install DRmare Tidal Music Converter and add songs
- Open DRmare Tidal Music Converter and then add Tidal audios that you want to convert to DRmare program. You need to copy the URL of the track and paste it to the search box of DRmare program. Then it will load the track for you.
- Step 2Define output format
- Now you can adjust Tidal audio format and the sample rate, bit rate, and the channel as you like. Then press on the 'OK' button to keep the settings.
- Step 3Convert Tidal music
- Hit on the 'Convert' button to convert Tidal music at once. After finishing converting, you can get Tidal music offline and play them anywhere and anytime with ease.
As we can see from the above discussion that each device is perfect in its way. Now the choice is yours that which device looks more convenient to you as you have many options, and the key features are also given for your convenience.