MQA is short for Master Quality Authenticated. It represents the highest quality when comparing with studio quality. For Tidal MQA, Tidal has cooperated with MQA to make Tidal Masters. And Tidal delivers guaranteed master tracks from the master source in Master Quality audio. The Tidal MQA files can stream up to 96 kHz/24 bit. If you want to enjoy high-quality songs, then you shouldn't miss Tidal.
But, how to find Tidal MQA Files? And how to download MQA from Tidal? In this post, you will get a Tidal MQA downloader to help you.
Part 1. How to Listen to Tidal MQA Albums Online
Tidal Master Quality audio is available for Tidal HiFi members. With the HiFi plan, you can enjoy millions of Master Quality tracks, mixes and radio stations. There are several ways to listen to Tidal MQA streaming. You can install the latest Tidal app on your computer or mobile devices. Or directly go to Tidal Web Player to enjoy Tidal Masters (Master Quality audio). Before listening, please make sure that you had chosen 'Master' quality in the 'Settings' under the 'Streaming'.
How to Find Available Master Quality Albums and Tracks on Tidal
You can browse and find the MQA albums on "Home" page on Tidal app. Just scrolling down to "Master Quality Authenticated Albums" and "Master Quality Authenticated Playlists". Or hit on 'Explore' and choose 'TIDAL Masters' icon to find Masters-only features.
By the way, there will be an "Master" icon beside the name of "Master Quality Authenticated" albums or tracks.
What Is the Differences between Master Quality Audio and HiFi Quality
Master Quality audio shows the original source and can streams at up to 96 kHz / 24 bit. MQA is a way to save recorded music digitally. The advantages of MQA is that the files are small and easy to download.
While Tidal HiFi offers uncompressed lossless audio quality. And it only streams at 1411 kbps or 44.1 kHz / 16 bit.
Part 2. How to Download MQA from Tidal for Offline Playing Forever
But, now many people would like to listen to them offline. Tidal HiFi users can get Tidal MQA download for offline listening with the Tidal mobile app. However, this function is not available for Tidal desktop app. If you want to download Tidal MQA files from computer, then you need to use a Tidal MQA downloader.
Here we will recommend the DRmare Tidal Music Converter for you. It is designed for Tidal music. And it can download and convert Tidal tracks to FLAC, MP3, WAV, and such common formats. The output quality can be set as 96000Hz / 24 bit, the same quality as the original MQA.
Besides, the related ID3 tags are 100% saved, including titles, albums, and so forth. By this software, you can download MQA from Tidal album lists and tracks as local files on your computer. Those downloaded songs can be saved forever even if your Tidal subscription expires. And then you can listen to those Tidal MQA files on any devices as you like offline.
DRmare Tidal Music Converter
Steps to Download MQA from Tidal by DRmare Tidal Music Converter
Below we will guide you how to get Tidal MQA download via DRmare Tidal Music Converter. Please check the details steps below and get started.
- Step 1Open DRmare Tidal Music Converter
- Download and install DRmare Tidal Music Converter on the computer. Double-click to open it. Click 'Log in' to enter the info of your Tidal music account. Then you can use DRmare program to start to download Tidal MQA lists.
- Step 2Customize output parameters for Tidal MQA tracks
- On the macOS, you need to find the "DRmare TidiKit Music Converter" tab from the menu bar of Mac. On Windows, you can click the menu icon from the top-right lists in the DRmare. Then please select the "Preferences" > "Advanced" option. Then you can reset the output settings for MQA quality. Please choose the output format to FLAC. And set the sample rate to 96000 Hz and bit depth to 24 bit. Then save the setting by hitting 'OK'.
- Step 3Import MQA Tidal songs to DRmare
- Now, find your favorite MQA Tidal tracks on DRmare. Once got, please hit on it and go to its main page. At this time, a blue icon showed at the right hand on DRmare. You need to click on it to load Tidal MQA files to DRmare. Then you can see all the tracks you selected are in a new window. Next, hit on the 'Convert' button to start to download MQA files from Tidal.
- Step 4Download MQA from Tidal
- The Tidal MQA download process is working now. You can see it as the photo above. Finally, you can click the red spot icon with track numbers. Then you can find all Tidal MQA streams there. You can also get them in the target folder on your computer via the 'search' icon.
Tips: Best DAC for Tidal MQA Streaming
To get the optimal audio quality from Tidal MQA, you can use an external MQA-certified DAC or headphone amplifier. Why?
Normally, the internal DAC inside Apple restricts the audio output to 16-bit quality. It is exactly enough for Tidal HiFi, but it can't get the most from Tidal MQA. On Android devices, the output quality is set as 16 bit by default, which is the same as Apple. Thus, for a real MQA lover, the external DAC or headphone amplifier is great to listen to Tidal MQA music on phones.
Here are some best headphone amplifiers or best DAC for Tidal MQA. As for the details, you can search them in Amazon or other online shopping sites.
1. iFi Nano iDSD Black Label Portable USB DAC / Headphone Amplifier
2. iFi xDSD Portable Bluetooth aptX DAC / Headphone Amplifier
3. AudioQuest - DragonFly Red USB DAC/ Headphone Amplifier
From this post, you had known what is Tidal MQA. And you also known how to download MQA from Tidal via DRmare Tidal Music Converter. With this tool, you can easily get Tidal MQA download on your computer. And it can keep original quality of Tidal MQA files. Then you can save Tidal songs on computer for using on other platforms and devices offline.
Note: Here we would like to let you know that DRmare Tidal Music Converter could convert Tidal MQA music successfully.