How to Play Tidal MQA Streaming Online/Offline
What is Tidal MQA? The full name of MQA is "Master Quality Authenticated", which represents the highest quality that is comparable with studio quality. The sample rate of MQA Tidal can up to 96000Hz and bit depth can reach 24 bit. In other words, Tidal MQA could be one of the best music-quality types that you can find in the streaming music apps at present.
So, how to find and play this optimal music quality in the Tidal app? In this article, you will get an ultimate guide on it, and even acquire a little-known but useful trick, which can help to download Tidal MQA album lists for offline playing forever.
Part 1. How to Listen to Tidal MQA Albums Online
There are many ways to listen to Tidal MQA streaming, you can install the latest Tidal app on your computer, phones, tablets (supports iOS and Android system), or directly go Tidal web player via most browser (except Safari and Microsoft Edge).
Then you can browse and find the MQA albums on Tidal "Home" page. Just scrolling down to "Master Quality Audio Albums". There will be an "M" icon beside the name of the album. You can also pick one of these top 5 best Tidal MQA albums as the first trial.
1. White Album - The Beatles
2. Orphée -Jóhann Jóhannsson
3. Entertainment! - Gang Of Four
4. Power, Corruption, and Lies - New Order
5. Speaking In Tongues - Talking Heads
Part 2. Download MQA Tidal Music for Offline Playing Forever
The MQA Tidal songs for offline playback are only available to mobile client users. Subscribers can' t even find the offline mode in the Tidal desktop app. I don't know why this function is unusable on the computer, but I actually know a simple method to solve this trouble, which needs help from DRmare Tidal Music Converter.
Specially designed for Tidal Music, this smart tool can truly download and convert Tidal tracks to FLAC, MP3, WAV, AAC, M4A, M4B, and such common formats. The converted quality can be set as 96000Hz / 24 bit, the same quality as the original MQA.
Besides, the related ID3 tags are 100% saved, including titles, albums, artists, album art, track numbers and so forth. By using this intelligent software, you can download any track from Tidal MQA album lists as local files on your computer. Those downloaded songs can be saved as forever collection even if your Tidal subscription expires.
Steps to Download Tidal MQA Music by DRmare Tidal Music Converter
- Step 1Import MQA Tidal songs to DRmare
- Download and install DRmare Tidal Music Converter on the computer. Double-click to open it. In the pop-up Tidal app, please look for what you want to download, and copy the URL of it (single track/playlists/albums) to the search bar in DRmare. Please note that the upper limit of the added tracks is 100. After that, just hit the "+" icon to add Tidal MQA lists to the DRmare.
- Step 2Customize output parameters for Tidal MQA tracks
- On the macOS, you need to find the "DRmare Tidal Music Converter" tab from the menu bar of Mac. On Windows, you can click the menu icon from the top-right lists in the DRmare. In the new window, please select the "Preferences" > "Convert" option. Then you can reset the output settings for MQA quality. Please choose the the output format to FLAC, sample rate to 96000 Hz, bit depth to 24 bit and save the setting.
- Step 3Convert and save Tidal MQA music
- Now, please click on the big "Convert" button from the lower-right place in the DRmare. The converting phase lasts depends on the number of tracks and the network condition. Finally, you can click the red spot with track numbers in it to locate the target folder. All Tidal MQA streams stay in there.
- Video TutorialDownload Tidal MQA List/Music/Playlist
Tips: Best DAC for Tidal MQA Streaming
In order to get the optimal audio quality from Tidal MQA, it is necessary for you to use an external MQA-certified DAC or headphone amplifier.
Here is the reason. Normally, the internal DAC inside Apple restricts the audio output to 16-bit quality. It is exactly enough for Tidal HiFi, but it is not able to get the most from Tidal MQA. On the Android devices, the output quality is set as 16 bit by default, which is the same as Apple. Therefore, if you are a real MQA lover, the external DAC or headphone amplifier is essential for you to listen to Tidal music MQA on phones.
Here are some recommendations for MQA-compatible DACs or headphone amplifiers. As for the detailed introduction, you can search them in Amazon or other online shopping sites.
1. iFi Nano iDSD Black Label Portable USB DAC / Headphone Amplifier
2. iFi xDSD Portable Bluetooth aptX DAC / Headphone Amplifier
3. AudioQuest - DragonFly Red USB DAC/ Headphone Amplifier