Amazon is a leading digital music streaming service launched by the Amazon company in 2007. From offering free subscription plans to premium ones, the streaming service gives music fans access to millions of songs right on their iOS and Android devices. Amazon Music Prime, Amazon Music Unlimited, and Amazon Music HD bring quality music tracks and thousands of playlists that you can enjoy in Ultra HD and 3D playback. You can follow your favorite artist, hear quality music on any device, and can even command Alexa to search for music that genuinely depicts your mood.
Amazon Music truly has the most advanced song searching system, but there is a slight drawback that may impede your music listening activity. That is, when you listen to songs on Amazon Music, the app saves a lot of content and data in your system. Storing music files in the cache folder disrupts the performance of your system and forces you to clear Amazon Music cache. However, removing the Amazon cache will delete all your downloaded files restricting you from enjoying music while being offline.
So, how to clear cache on Amazon Music without losing your favorite songs from Amazon Music? Here we will give you a complete guide on how to clear song history in Amazon Music and even keep your favorite tracks saved with you.
Part 1. How to Clear Amazon Music Cache on iPhone and Android Devices
The storage within your iPhone and Android smartphones are fully occupied, or maybe the Amazon Music app on your phone is crashing every now and then. To solve both these problems, try to clear song history Amazon Music on your respective devices.
For iPhone Users
How to clear cache on Amazon Music iPhone app? Just follow the guideline below.
Step 1. Open Amazon Music using the web browser through your iOS device using the given link music.amazon.com/showDebugOptions.
Step 2. Then select "Clear Lyrics" to clear the saved music files on your iOS device.
Step 3. Now, click on "Clear Image". This will delete all the cached albums and playlists from your storage memory.
For Android Users
For Android users who wish to have Amazon Music clear cache, go through the following steps.
Step 1. Open Amazon Music on your Android phone.
Step 2. From the upper right corner, select the menu icon.
Step 3. Tap on "Settings".
Step 4. Now, move down to the "Storage" section.
Step 5. Then, tap on "Clear Cache".
Part 2. How to Clear Amazon Music Cache on Windows and Mac Computer
To get Amazon Music app clear cache on Windows and Mac computer, use the method discussed below.
Step 1. Sign out and then sign in on the Amazon Music app. This will allow the library to resync and will refresh the data.
Step 2. In this step, you can directly clear cache on Amazon Music Windows by typing the following link in the search bar "C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Amazon Music\Data".
And for Amazon Music users on Mac, to get Amazon Music clear cache, use the following default cache path "UserName/Library/Application Support/Amazon Music/Data". Remember to replace the username with your Amazon profile.
Step 3. After removing all your downloaded Amazon Music files, open your Amazon Music app. Then select the "Profile" option > "Preferences" option. Then choose "Advanced" > "Reload My Music". In the end, press "Start Reload".
Part 3. How to Save Amazon Music on Computer Forever
As we know, clearing the Amazon Music cache will erase and delete all your downloaded songs from the device. Although you will have sufficient space on your device, you won't be able to enjoy Amazon Music while being offline.
Moreover, you will also have to download Amazon tracks again. But this will again cause storage issues for your device. To break this cycle, the best way is to use a third-party tool to download all Amazon songs as physical files which do not require large storage.
DRmare iMazonKit Music Converter is designed to provide you with all the right features and advanced tools for converting cache files into locally saved music files. Using this converter, users can convert tracks from Unlimited Music and HD Music on your computer. You can download as many songs as you like without sacrificing the quality of your output songs.
DRmare Amazon Music Converter
- Convert Unlimited Music and HD Music into all standard output formats, including MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A, and M4B.
- The innovative technology of the converter also offers Lossless output, which keeps the quality of your music files intact.
- The fast processing and downloading speed allow you to convert hundreds of songs in one go.
- Transfer all your downloaded Amazon Music files on Roku, iPhone, Android devices, Sonos, Alexa, or move the data to USB and SD card.
- Step 1 Customize the output parameters for Amazon Music
- Open "Menu" from the top of DRmare program and click on "Preferences". Then click on "Advanced" setting option in a new window. Within this window, you can adjust the output format of your Amazon Music to MP3 and other formats. Along with adjusting the output format, you can also define the audio channel, bit rate, etc. and archive your converted audio files by Artist and more.
How to Download Amazon Music using DRmare iMazonKit Music Converter
The conversion process requires you to go through a three-step process. But first, you need to install the DRmare iMazonKit Music Converter on your computer. After the installation process, you need to buy the tool and activate your DRmare account using your email address. Once setting up, simply follow the steps laid out below.
- Step 2Add Amazon Music files you want to convert into DRmare
- Now, choose Amazon Music tracks or playlists that you wish to convert from Amazon Music web player from the DRmare converter. Hit on the track you like and a yellow button will display at the right side on DRmare. Here you need to click on it and DRmare will load the Amazon Music songs for you to convert.
- Step 3Start the conversion process of Amazon Music
- After loading all the songs from Amazon Music to DRmare Amazon Music Converter, click on the "Convert" button. Then DRmare will start the converting and downloading process. After a while, all the Amazon Music files will be converted to local files and will be saved on your device for offline listening.
Extra Tip: How to Clear Song History on Amazon Music
A bonus tip for someone looking for a way to clear song history on Amazon Music streaming services. If you want to delete the played tracks from your history list, you just need to follow the below-given steps.
Step 1. Log in to the Amazon Music streaming app.
Step 2. From the main interface of the app, click on the "Played" option right below the "Recent" section.
Step 3. In the next window, go to the song that you want to clear. Click on the three dots on the right side of the track and choose "Remove From History".
Amazon Music is a great app that competes with all the major music streaming apps out there. But just like any other app, it does not give you the authority to download songs for offline listening even without a subscription account. But if you have the effective DRmare iMazonKit Music Converter on your desktop, you can download and convert Amazon Music to computer for use right away.