"I got a second-hand iPad for entertainment. Because I live with the social insurance and my budget is tight, I really don't want to spend extra money for media files like music, video. Is there a way to add music to iPad for free?"
When it comes to iPad, it is perhaps the best device for entertainment. The latest models include the new iPad Mini, iPad Air and iPad Pro. All of them come with powerful features and can be used at home or on the go anywhere.
Besides, Apple has a fantastic digital media ecosystem. As for music, you can either buy songs from iTunes or access to millions of tracks by subscribing to the Apple Music. The Apple Music tracks are encoded in AAC codec with 256Kbps bit rate, making it crystal clear and perfect for Apple audiophiles.
But what about the price of Apple Music? Is it expensive? Can I use it for free? Is there an alternative? With all these questions in mind, you can read along to follow this page to find out all the answers.
- Part 1. How to Join Apple Music On Your iPad
- Part 2. How to Download Apple Music Songs to iPad for Free
Part 1. How to Play Apple Music on iPad for Free
Unlike Spotify which offers free trier music service with random ADs, Apple Music is only accessible for subscribers. Generally, it costs $4.95/month for students, $9.95 for regular users and $14.95 for family license. And there is also a yearly subscription for single user which costs $99.
So does it mean you can't get Apple Music for free? Not really. Actually to attract more users, Apple Music is available for 3 months trial.
What You Need Before You Join
Because Apple Music app depends on the latest iOS system to turn, so please make sure you have updated the iOS system software on your iPad, iPad or iPod to the latest one first.
And because during updating, it will erase your data on iOS devices, please make sure you have backed up the important data on iTunes as well.
How to Use Apple Music on iPad for Free
Step 1. Launch and login the Music app on your iPad.
Step 2. Usually you will see an offer to subscribe to Apple Music on the Music app main screen. But if you don't see it, you can click the "For You" option from the bottom of the screen.
Step 3. You can click "Free Trial" to get started. Note: This is only available for new user. If you have already used it before, you won't enjoy it again.
Step 4. Next you can follow the screen wizard to input the required info such as subscription type, payment info, your Apple account and password to finish the subscribing.
Step 5. When it is done, you will be able to listen to Apple Music for free. For the first time, it will ask you to choose genres, artists and follow friends that are already in Apple Music.
The 3 months free trial is the most intuitive way for every new users to listen to Apple Music on iPad and decide if it is the right music for them before they throw out the money. But since it is available for 3 months. It won't work for you after 3 months if you just prefer free music.
Part 2. Steps to Add Apple Music to iPad without Membership
With Apple Music subscription, you can stream the songs you want on iPad directly or sync your curated favorite playlists from your iCloud Music Library easily. It charges $9.95/month after free trial though.
If you are on a budget but don't want to lose the privilege to play music on iPad for free, you can sync free songs from your computer to the iPad by iTunes.
There are some free websites which offer free MP3 songs such as MP3juices, Emp3z, Convert2mp3, Zing MP3, MP3XD. But the quality are not guaranteed.
If you care about the output quality very much, I'd suggest you download the Apple Music to MP3 for your iPad to keep forever. How?
Because it is the DRM which prevents you from using the Apple Music after unsubscribing, all you need is an DRmare DRM Apple Music Playlist Converter for Mac to get rid of the DRM protection. It is a comprehensive tool to convert all types of audio files from iTunes such as iTunes songs, Apple Music, Audible audiobooks and so on. It uses a direct DRM breaking technology, so the audio quality is kept 100%. In addition, the converting speed is up to 30X faster, making it the most favored converting tool in the market.
DRmare Apple Music Converter Main Features
- Encode Apple Music M4P to new formats of files like MP3, M4A, AAC, M4B
- Make it possible to keep Apple Music after unsubscribing by removing DRM
- Keep original quality of ID3 tags, metadata, album cover, year, artist, author
- Support the latest version iTunes and all latest systems, lifetime free update
Now you can download the software trial version and follow these steps to download Apple Music to your PC and sync them to your iPad from iTunes. Note: The trial version is limited to convert 1/3 of your songs. If you'd like to convert full songs, please buy a license to activate the software.
- Step 1Launch DRmare software
- After installing, you will see the shortcut on the desktop of your Windows computer or Finder of your Mac. You can simply tap it to launch it and you will see the extremely clean and beautiful main screen. And iTunes will be launched automatically as well.
- Step 2Import M4P Apple Music from iTunes
- If you have already prepared your Apple Music offline on your computer, you can simply drag & drop the songs from iTunes to the DRmare software. Or alternatively you can click the "Add Files" buttons from the DRmare bottom screen and then you can browse the files you want to import from computer or iTunes. If you haven't saved the M4P Apple Music on your iTunes media library yet, please go to the "For You" tab and then put the files you want offline first.
- Step 3Select a DRM free format for iPad
- DRmare supports a list of DRM free audio formats, you can choose one which is compatible with your iPad best. Just click the "Format" icon from the bottom right, it will pop up you with the a window and you can tweak the settings you want. If you don't have any specific need, the preset MP3 profile will be best for you.
- Step 4Start removing DRM
- Finally you can press "Convert" button to start converting. DRmare software batch remove DRM and turn the Apple Music to DRM free MP3 in a timely manner.Within a short time, you can get multiple Apple Music songs which are DRM free and with original high quality just as if you have purchased them from iTunes.
- Step 5Add Music to iPad
- Now you can connect your iPad to your computer, it will show up in iTunes. From the left sidebar, you can click music and then pickup the downloaded Apple Music MP3 files you want to iPad. You don't Apple Music membership but still keep these songs forever.
DRmare Apple Music converter is designed for improving the user experience of listening music. By removing the digital DRM protection, you can keep a large amount of high quality songs on your computer and transfer them to iPad for playback for free anytime. You can try out the software for free. But if you want full features, you can pay for it to use it for a lifetime.
Leave a Comment