Viewing lyrics is a common need for most users when listening to Apple Music. Especially when they try to find out the meaning of the melody or learn the songs by heart.
Fortunately, Apple Music has added the lyrics features since iOS 10 and iTunes 12.5. Not long ago, it also announced a partnership with Genius to expand the lyrics quantity and accuracy. If you have subscribed to Apple Music, you can read lyrics from iTunes on your computer or the Music app on iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch as well as Android phones. In addition, you can also find songs by lyrics.
Unlike Genius's Spotify integration, Apple Music doesn't integrate the Genius trivia information, only lyrics. But with the Genius lyrics integration, you can listen to Apple Music directly from your Music app or the Genius directly. You don't have to switch between apps. The instruction to show Apple Music lyrics is similar on both Android and iOS. Here I will take iPhone for example to illustrate how to display lyrics on the Music app.
1. Launch Apple Music app from your iPhone.
2. Start to play a song you want.
3. Scroll down to the "Now Playing" tab, if Lyrics are available, you will see the "Lyrics" tab menu.
4. You can click "Show" button beside it to display the lyrics.
1. On your computer, please start iTunes and play an Apple Music song.
2. Click the icon with horizontal lines from the top screen.
3. On the pop up window, you will see "Up Next", "History", "Lyrics", please click "Lyrics" to find the Lyrics of the song.
Although Apple Music has the feature to show lyrics for popular songs, sometimes you may encounter the lyrics don't show on certain tracks.
This is because the lyrics database is not big enough to cover all the 45 millions of songs. In this case, you will need to get lyrics from other sources.
Musixmatch is the world's largest catalog of song lyrics. You can use it identify a song and its lyrics. It is also one of the top 10 iPhone music players which supports to access Apple Music's library easily.
1. Download and install Musixmatch from the Google Play Store or App Store.
2. Open the app and log in it with Facebook or create a new account.
3. When you use it for the first time, it will prompt if you allow it to access Apple Music, please click "OK" to confirm.
4. Tap the "TRY IT NOW" button below the words "Enable the widget for Apple Music".
5. Swipe down from the top to open the “Notifications Center" > Swipe to the "Today View" > tap "Edit".
6. Tap "+" icon next to the "Musixmatch" to add the widget.
7. Now when listening to Apple Music, it should send you the lyrics as a message via Notifications Center.
The Musixmatch only works on mobile devices. What if you can't find lyrics on your computer? Is there a program to add lyrics to iTunes automatically?
Unfortunately the answer is "no". So why not add custom lyrics in Apple Music on your PC?
1. Launch iTunes from your computer.
2. Locate the song you want to add lyrics for from your music library.
3. Click the top menu "Edit" > Choose "Get Info".
4. Open on pop up info window, please click the "Lyrics" tab > click "Custom Lyrics".
5. You can enter your lyrics and click "OK" to save.
Generally, you can Google to find any lyrics you want. For your convenience, you can also go to the following websites to find the lyrics you want.
As its name suggest, this is the best place to go for lyrics. You can find the info you want for new releases, popular songs and top hits and so on.
This is another searchable lyrics database with over 1 million song lyrics from 20 thousand artists, you can find lyrics just about every song you want.
This website is powered by Musixmatch. It has a large lyrics library for all genres and ages. And the quantity of lyrics are still growing everyday. The search system is pretty easy to use.