"I enjoy listening to Apple Music on my iPhone often and have structured a large amount of playlists. I want to know is it possible to download all these Apple Music playlists on my Mac easily? Really don't want to repeat the process again."
"iTunes is going to be dead. Can I still listen to Apple Music on my Mac with old EICapitan 10.11 system in future? I am really worried."
Though Apple Music is compatible with Mac devices and players, you may still encounter the issues above. Well, these issues are easy to solve. The instruction is similar to the previous tutorial how to download Apple Music to PC which we talked previously. For your convenience, we will explain it with more specific details again here for Mac users.
Part 1. How to Sync Apple Music Playlists to Mac
Turn on iCloud Music Library with Apple Music
One of the big features of Apple Music for subscribers is the iCloud. It enables users to sync music between all Apple devices including iOS, Macbook, Windows computers with iTunes. All you need to do is to turn on the option from your devices.
For iOS Devices:
- Go to Settings > Music > iCloud Music Library.
- You will see the option to turn on iCloud and please click it. Note: If you haven't signed up iTunes Match or you don't have Apple Music subscription, you won't see such an option.
- It will ask if you want to keep music from your devices and add them to your iCloud Music Library, please choose "Yes" since you have created your playlists on your iPhone.
For Mac computer:
- Open iTunes on your Mac computer > Click the top menu "iTunes" > "Preferences", you will see the pop up settings window.
- Go to the "General" tab, select iCloud Music Library to turn it on".
- Click "OK", your Apple Music songs will sync from iPhone to your Mac computer.
Sign In Apple Music on Mac
Still not see your songs? Maybe you still haven't signed in iTunes yet.
- Open iTunes and select the category as "Music" from the top of the window.
- Click "Account" > "Sign in" menu.
- You can input your account and password to sign in.
- You will see all the songs & playlists from iCloud. To download Apple Music to Mac, just tap the "iCloud" icon beside each one on iTunes.
Part 2. How to Backup Apple Music on Mac to Play without iTunes
With the iCloud, now you have synced Apple Music to your Mac and you can play it with iTunes. But what if iTunes is dead? According to the rumors online, Apple will kill iTunes this fall with the release new hardware devices and new 10.15 macOS Catalina.
Many users are worried that they will lose the Apple Music playlists they have curated on their Mac once iTunes is discontinued.
Actually instead of removing the software completely, Apple is replacing it three separate media streaming apps: Apple Music, Apple Podcasts and Apple TV.
This means in the future, users will still be able to listen to music with the new Apple Music app for Mac.
Is It Necessary to Backup Apple Music on Mac?
The answer is yes. There is a small caveat that this app maybe not be compatible with the old Mac system such as EICaptitan 10.11, Yosemite 10.10, Mavericks 10.9, Mountain Lion 10.8.
This software uses the advance technology to get rid of any limitations from Apple Music songs and enable you to play them on any players on Mac such as VLC player, KMPlayer besides QuickTime and iTunes.
Besides, there is a hidden benefit you may not notice after downloading, you can enjoy Apple Music forever without subscription anymore. This will save you a lot of money in the long run. That is terrific, isn't it?
Best Apple Music Downloader for Mac
- Lossless quality, keep the original quality of the songs after downloading
- Batch 30X faster speed, save you a large amount of time if you have lots of songs
- Let you distribute Apple Music anywhere which is not possible officially
- Lifetime technical support, enhance your listening experience and solve any problem
Are you ready to get Apple Music songs on your Mac now? It is not difficult to do that too. You just need 3 steps to play Apple Music without iTunes on Mac.
- Step 1Import Apple Music tracks
- To convert Apple Music tracks, you can drag & drop them from iTunes library to the DRmare main screen or you can click "+" button to add them from your Mac Finder.
- Step 2Set new parameters
- The source Apple Music files are in M4P special format. To make them playable without iTunes, you can choose another universal format such as MP3, M4A, AAC by clicking the format icon from the bottom right of the DRmare software. Among all the formats, the MP3 format is supported best.
- Step 3Download Apple Music as MP3
- At last, you just need to tap "Convert" to batch download all your Apple Music M4P to MP3 on your Mac computer. This is quick and effortlessly. Note: The trial version is limited to convert part of the songs. If you don't want any limitations, you can buy a personal license to activate it. In my option, it is totally worth it since it will save you a lot of money to enjoy Apple Music without subscription in future. Anyway, you can try it out for free.