Is Apple Music on Mac not working for you? Are you facing the trouble for quite some time and have not found the answer yet? If so, then the following article is for you. We are providing the information that will help you fix the issue. Additionally, you will learn about the best way to avoid the problem and listen to music on any device.
You will face the problem when you import songs from any Apple devices. Plus, any changes to the iTunes Preferences settings also cause trouble. Even though you have tried clearing the junk, omitting unwanted content, and overcame software glitches, the possibility of malfunctioning Apple Music on your Mac still exists. You can continue to read the article, as you will find effective techniques and solutions to overcome the issue. Furthermore, you will find an excellent alternative to listen to music from Apply Music on any device.
Part 1. Why is Apple Music Not Working on Mac
If you are searching the Internet to find an answer to "why is Apple Music not working on my Mac?" then you are at the right place. After prolonged research, we have understood the critical reasons why the issue appears suddenly. The reasons are:
1. Corrupted iTunes and Collections
If you subscribed to Apple Music using iPhone or iPad, you would experience Apple Music not working on Mac OS. It is essential to mark a few crucial checkboxes in the Preferences list in iTunes. Plus, minor software hiccups from third-party applications and corrupted music collection on your Mac also prevent Apple Music software's smooth functioning.
2. Mac Removes Songs Automatically
Digital Rights Management or DRM leads to the omission of songs from Mac automatically. It is essential to play only original songs or those that have a DRM certificate. Additionally, you must authorize your Mac to play the collection. After authorizing, you can synchronize the files using the iCloud account to update the library. The trick will only work when you have an Apple Music account.
Part 2. Solutions to Fix Apple Music Not Working on Mac
Method 1: Unchecking System Preferences
You will face Apple Music not working on Mac issue when the application fails to load in iTunes. The screen remains frozen, and you will see missing sections. In such a situation, proceed with the following steps:
- Click the iTunes icon from the Dock to launch the software.
- Click the iTunes tab at the top to access the Menu bar. From there, click the "Preferences" option in the drop-down menu.
- Once you open the preferences window, select the "General" tab. Now, ensure to tick the small near that you will see near the "Show Apple Music Features" option. Click "OK" to save the changes.
- If you see the box with the mark already and still facing the problem, then uncheck the box and click "OK" to save the changes.
- Once again, head to the Menu bar and select the "Preferences" option.
- Now, select the "General" tab and see the check box under the "Show Apple Music Features" and press "OK."
Method 2: Apple Music Subscription
Why is Apple Music not working on my Mac? The possible reason could be not enabling the music subscription. You must log in to your account through Apple Store to see and make changes. The steps help eliminate possible issues.
- Launch Apple Store and sign in with your Apple ID.
- Click the "View" button to see your account credentials and information.
- In the account information, navigate to the "Manage" area.
- After you click the manage button, you can see the menu to modify your subscriptions. You can choose a new subscription or cancel an existing one. If you cancel a subscription, it will lapse at the end of the current billing cycle.
Method 3: iTunes
- Start iTunes on your Mac and open the menu to select "Account" and choose "My Account."
- Enter your login details to see your account details.
- Click the "Manage" button after navigating to the "Settings" panel.
- You can use the menu to alter the subscription details, as described in Method 2.
Part 3. Best Way to Avoid Apple Music on Mac Not Working
Even after following the solutions explained, if you still face Apple Music on Mac not working issue, then the better option is to choose DRmare Audio Converter. The software is a single-stop solution for encrypted and DRM-protected music and audio converter for Apple Music, iTunes, Audible audiobooks, etc.
Encryption of music makes it tedious to play them on any other device. To receive the complete authority of the digital music you downloaded through Apple Music, removing digital rights management is crucial. It is here that DRmare Audio Converter comes in handy.
You can remove the music files' limitations and freely enjoy the songs you downloaded on Mac from Apple Music, iTunes, and Audible audiobooks. You can now listen to these DRM-free songs on any device.
DRmare Audio Converter helps in decrypting the digital rights of the songs downloaded from Apple Music. Additionally, it helps in converting the songs into a variety of formats. You can convert Apple Music files to MP3, M4A, FLAC, AAC, WAV, and more. You can now keep all the Apple Music on your Mac forever.
The converting tool uses the latest technologies for converting music files. Plus, it runs at 10x faster than competitors without losing the quality of the file. With the 100% lossless quality achieved in the converted file, you will listen to high-quality music on any device that supports hi-res audio.
DRmare Apple Music Converter
Guide to Use DRmare Audio Converter to Overcome Apple Music Not Working on Mac
Before beginning with the steps mentioned, download, and install the software. You can open the official website of DRmare to download the software.
- Step 1Launching the software
- Click the software's icon from the Dock to launch the audio converter. The software will automatically launch iTunes along with it to give you the convenience of copying the required music files.
- Step 2Importing locked songs
Be aware of using the appropriate button in the software to add copyright protected audio files to the converter. As you are converting digitally signed songs from Apple Music, click on the first icon at the bottom and start importing the files from the iTunes library. Please note that you must authorize your Mac to play the songs if you downloaded the songs from Apple Music. Only then the software will convert the files.
- Step 3Customizing output parameters
DRmare Audio Converter provides you the ability to change the requires settings of the output files. Press the "Format" button next to the "Convert" button to make the necessary changes. A small convert window opens, where you can select the output file type, the codec, channel, sample rate, and bit rate. You can further choose lossless quality if you decided AAC as the output file format. Likewise, the format window gives you the chance to edit the ID3 tags, pitch, volume, and speed.
- Step 4Starting the conversion process
Once the parameters are set, click the "Convert" button to begin the conversion process. The software will unlock the protection and convert it to the preferred settings, as specified in the previous step. Depending on the songs available for conversion, the software automatically converts them at 10x speed without losing quality.
- Step 5Play anywhere
You can now click on the "History" button to see the folder where the software placed the converted songs. You can also choose a customized folder by clicking the "Folder" symbol next to the "Converted" button. You can listen to them and even share them online.
Part 4. Conclusion
You may resolve the Apple Music not working on Mac OS issue with simple hacks and tricks mentioned here. However, the solutions may work for a few and may not for others. The only way to avoid permanently is by using the DRmare Audio Converter. It will help you decrypt and convert music files downloaded from Apple Music so that you play them on any media playing device and anywhere.