M4P stands for MPEG 4 Protected (Audio). It is an audio file extension encoded using Advanced Audio Code. It's actually an AAC file, copyrighted using Apple's DRM technology. Content purchased from iTunes or downloaded from Apple Music is in M4P format. M4P can only be played on authorized systems or devices, usually Apple multimedia devices. If you want to play M4P files on more devices, it is recommended to convert M4P to other formats, such as FLAC. Here we would like to show you three best tools to convert Apple Music M4P to FLAC.
Part 1. How to Convert Apple Music to FLAC with Best Tool
DRmare Apple Music Converter is the best M4P to FLAC converter you can use. It uses state-of-the-art technology to remove encoding protection from Apple Music, iTunes and Audible. It also supports converting other commonly used audio files. You can customize the output format as FLAC, MP3, AAC, M4B, M4A and WAV. It keeps lossless sound quality and ID3 tags, so you can convert Apple Music to lossless FLAC.
Compared with other common converters, it supports batch conversion and the speed is 30 times faster. You can also change output audio parameters such as channels, bitrate, sample rate, etc. After conversion, you can copy or move Apple Music files and use them on any device or platform you want.
What's more, DRmare Audio Converter supports a free trial version to all customers. So, you can download and install this smart Apple Music converter on your computer via the 'Download' button now.
DRmare Apple Music to FLAC Converter
How to Convert Apple Music M4P to FLAC with DRmare Apple Music Converter
- Step 1Launch DRmare Apple Music Converter
- Install and double-click the DRmare Apple Music Converter software from your desktop. Then its main interface will show up automatically. To import Apple Music songs to DRmare, please authorize your iTunes on this computer. And please make sure you've downloaded Apple Music songs to your PC or Mac completely.
- Step 2Add Apple Music M4P files to DRmare
- Touch the first 'Add' icon at the left-bottom corner of DRmare main screen and your iTunes music library will pop up in the new window. Here you can choose and add your favorite Apple Music files to this smart software. Or you can drag and drop your M4P files to its main screen.
- Step 3Define Apple Music output format to FLAC
- Please click the 'Format' option at the right-bottom corner to open the settings window. You will see the FLAC format at a glance. Then tap this FLAC format to set it as the output format. You can also customize other output parameters, like bit rate, sample rate, ID tags and others. Then click on 'OK'.
- Step 4Remove DRM and convert M4P to FLAC
- Launch the conversion process by clicking the 'Convert' button. DRmare Apple Music Converter will work at 30X faster to convert all your added Apple Music songs to FLAC files. Once done, go to the 'History' icon to view and listen to onverted Apple Music files offline. You can also head to the 'Output' folder to find the Apple Music FLAC files and use them anywhere you want.
Video Guide: How to Convert Apple Music to FLAC
Part 2. How to Convert M4P to FLAC for Free Online
Besides the professional M4P to FLAC converter, you can also try online tools to convert Apple Music to FLAC. But keep in mind that they will have some limitations, such as low output quality, unstable conversion process, and more. If you don't mind, we've found two of the best free online tools for you here.
FreeConvert is a free online file conversion tool. It has many kinds of converters, including audio converter, video converter, image converter, etc. With its audio converter, you can transfer between multiple audio formats. It's completely free, but the maximum file size at a time is 1GB. To overcome this limitation, you can sign up for a premium membership.
Step 1. Open a web browser on your computer.
Step 2. Go to freeconvert.com. Then you can get its main webpage.
Step 3. Move the cursor to the 'Converters' option on the top menu bar on FreeConvert.
Step 4. Choose the 'Audio Converter' option from the list.
Step 5. Scroll down to the top at the Audio Converter page. Then select 'FLAC Converter' option.
Step 6. Go down to the top at the FLAC Converter page. Then choose the 'M4P to FLAC' option.
Step 7. Hit on the 'Choose Files' button to select the M4P files from your computer.
Step 8. Touch on the 'Convert to FLAC' button to start the conversion process.
Step 9. When done, press on the 'Download FLAC' button to save the files to your computer.
FileZigZag is also a free converter that can convert audio, image, and more. It states it can convert files with the best quality. And it also doesn't need to install any program onto your computer. However, it only allows you to convert up to 10 files daily, and 50 MB each.
Step 1. Go head to filezigzag.com on the web browser on your computer.
Step 2. Click on the 'Conversions' option at the top menu bar.
Step 3. Press on the 'Audio' option under the 'All Converters' section.
Step 4. Find and hit on the 'M4P Converter' option.
Step 5. Click the 'Browse for files' button to load the M4P files to FileZigZag. Or you can directly drag and drop your files there.
Step 6. Hit on the 'Convert to' option to choose the output format as FLAC.
Step 7. Input your email address on the 'Email address' box.
Step 8. Touch on the 'Convert' button to start conversion. After converting, you can receive the download link to download the audio files via email.
Part 3. More about M4P and FLAC
FLAC is an acronym for Free Lossless Audio Codec. It is one of the most popular lossless audio formats for lossless compressed digital audio. It delivers CD-quality sound at half the size. This is different from common audio formats like MP3 or WMA, which lose sound quality while FLAC does not.
Unlike M4P, FLAC is compatible with many devices. Also, when you re-encode Apple Music to FLAC, audio files can be compressed with 100% original high quality. This is also the key reason why more and more Apple Music lovers want to convert Apple Music M4P to FLAC instead of MP3, although FLAC is not as compatible as MP3. In addition, by adopting FLAC's compression technology, the space occupied by FLAC files is also greatly reduced.
However, if you need to convert Apple Music M4P to MP3 for offline listening, there is a useful tutorial for your reference: How to Convert Apple Music to MP3.
Part 4. Conclusion
If you want to convert M4P to FLAC for better compatibility and lossless sound quality, DRmare Audio Converter is your best choice. It supports batch conversion with ultra-fast 30X speed. There is no limit to the number of files you can convert. Even better, it also supports to remove protection from iTunes and Audible.