Convert Apple Music M4P to FLAC? Look No Further!
Encoded with advanced audio codec, M4P represents the audio file extension. M4P files stand for the audio files protected by FairPlay DRM technology, which can be only playable on selected devices and media players. Music files purchased from iTunes before 2009 and subscribed from Apple Music are encoded with M4P audio format, meaning that Apple Music M4P audios are limited to play on Apple authorized devices, like iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
As consequence, more and more Apple Music addicts are likely to look for a wonderful converter to convert DRM M4P to FLAC, a lossless musical file format so that they can listen to Apple Music on more devices with the same quality as the original Apple Music files. In order to make Apple M4P music more enjoyable, here, I will introduce a professional DRM M4P to FLAC Converter to transfer Apple Music M4P songs to FLAC files with no efforts.
View also: How to Convert iTunes Songs to MP3
Part 1. What is FLAC
When it comes to FLAC, will you think of the name of a free software producing the FLAC solutions? In fact, here FLAC we are discussing is short for Free Lossless Audio Codec, one of the most popular lossless audio formats for lossless compression of digital audio. Just like M4P format, FLAC also is similar to MP3, but the biggest different between MP3 is lossless. When you re-encoded Apple Music to FLAC, the audio files can be compressed with 100% original high quality. It’s also the key reason why more and more Apple Music lovers would like to convert Apple Music songs to FLAC rather than MP3, although FLAC is as not high compatible as MP3. Plus, by adopting the compressed technology in FLAC, FLAC files take up a lot less space.
However, if you also need to convert Apple Music M4P to MP3 for some personal reasons, such as enjoying protected Apple Music on MP3 player for offline listening, there is a useful tutorial for your reference: How to Convert Apple Music to MP3 Freely.
Part 2. Best M4P to FLAC Converter – Remove DRM from Apple Music M4P to FLAC
Many software developers have observed the market demand of Apple Music addicts and have researched and developed some excellent Apple Music to FLAC Converters. But if you are not familiar with this field, you will get trouble in making the final decision. Will you try all DRM M4P to FLAC Converters one by one? Not really! For the purpose of helping you get rid of this hassle, we pick up the best M4P to FLAC Converter for you, called DRmare Apple Music Converter.
With built-in innovative and advanced DRM decryption technology, DRmare Apple Music to FLAC Converter is able to remove DRM from Apple Music and iTunes music M4P files and convert DRM M4P files to FLAC with half size of original files at 30X faster speed. Apart from FLAC format, this one-stop solution is also capable of converting Apple Music to MP3, WAV, AAC, M4A, M4B and more. What's more, DRmare Studio supports free trial version to all customers. So you can download and install this smart Apple Music removal tool on your computer before purchasing.
View also: Top 5 Best Apple Music Converters
DRmare Apple Music to FLAC Converter
- 100% clean and user friendly interface, no any unnecessary bells and whistles
- Remove DRM protection and convert DRM M4P to FLAC and other formats losslessly
- Advanced audio acceleration technology, convert music at a lighting fast speed
- DRmare provide 24/7 technical support and lifetime free update
Part 3. How to Convert Apple Music DRM M4P to FLAC with DRmare
With easy-to-use interface, DRmare Apple Music Converter allows you to easily convert DRM protected Apple Music to DRM-free lossless FLAC files. Now, you can refer to the following step-by-step tutorial to get FLAC audio files.
- Step 1Launch DRmare Apple Music Converter
- Double click the DRmare software from your desktop, the main interface will show up automatically. In order to import Apple Music songs to DRmare, please authorize your iTunes on this computer. And please make sure all Apple Music protected streams are downloaded completely.
- Step 2Add DRM protected Apple Music
- Touch the first Add icon at the left-bottom corner of the main screen, Apple Music library will pop up in the new window, where you can choose favorite Apple Music files to this smart software. Or you can import Apple Music songs via dragging&dropping action.
- Step 3Define output format as FLAC
- Please click the Format option at the right-bottom corner to open the Format list. (You should pay attention that the Format icon is very small). You will see the FLAC format at a glance and please simply tap this FLAC format and click OK. Plus, DRmare software allows you to customize other output parameters, like bit rate, sample rate, ID tags and others.
- Step 4Remove DRM and convert M4P to FLAC
- When all settings are ready, the last step is to launch the conversion process by clicking the Convert button. Apple Music convert will encode all added DRM Apple Music to lossless unprotected FLAC files. Please wait a few minutes for the end of converting process. Generally speaking, it depends on the quantity of imported Apple Music files.
Video Guide: How to Convert Apple Music to Lossless FLAC
Now you can refer to the detailed video demo as below to convert Apple Music DRM M4P to Lossless FLAC with the help of DRmare Audio Converter.