"How to convert Apple Music M4P to FLAC?" You should know that M4P represents the audio file extension. It is encoded with an advanced audio codec. The M4P files refer to the audio files with FairPlay DRM technology. These files can only be used on the selected devices and media players.
As for Apple Music M4P files, they are the music files purchased from iTunes before 2009 and subscribed from Apple Music. You can only play them on Apple-supported devices like iOS devices. So, there are people who want to convert Apple Music M4P to other audio formats like FLAC and more. In this way, they can Apple Music files on other devices without any limit.
In this post, we are here to guide you on how to convert M4P to FLAC from Apple Music. You can get the best way and two free ways to make it. Just follow the tutorial below and start.
- Part 1. Why Convert M4P to FLAC?
- Part 2. Best DRM M4P to FLAC Converter
- Part 3. Convert M4P to FLAC Online Free
- Part 4. Conclusion
Part 1. Why Convert Apple Music to FLAC?
Why do people want to convert Apple Music M4P to FLAC audio format? FLAC is short for Free Lossless Audio Codec. It is one of the most popular lossless audio formats for lossless compression of digital audio. Just like the M4P format, FLAC also is similar to MP3. But the biggest difference between MP3 is lossless.
When you re-encoded Apple Music to FLAC, the audio files can be compressed with 100% original high quality. It's also the key reason why more and more Apple Music lovers want to convert Apple Music M4P to FLAC rather than MP3, although FLAC is as not high compatible as MP3. Plus, by adopting the compressed technology in FLAC, FLAC files take up a lot less space.
Yet, if you need to convert Apple Music M4P to MP3 for offline listening, there is a useful tutorial for your reference: How to Convert Apple Music to MP3.
Part 2. Best M4P to FLAC Converter - DRmare Apple Music Converter
Many software developers have researched and developed some excellent Apple Music to FLAC converters. But which one is the best for you to convert M4P to FLAC? To help you get rid of this hassle, we pick up the best M4P to FLAC converter for you. It is called DRmare Apple Music Converter.
With the advanced DRM decryption technology, DRmare Apple Music to FLAC Converter can remove DRM from Apple Music. And it can convert DRM M4P to FLAC with half size of original files at 30X faster speed.
Apart from FLAC format, it also can convert Apple Music to MP3, WAV, AAC, M4A, M4B and more. With this tool, you can define the channel, bit rate and more for Apple Music. Also, you can set the output path to save the converted Apple Music songs on your computer.
What's more, DRmare Studio supports a free trial version to all customers. So, you can download and install this smart Apple Music converter on your computer before purchasing.
DRmare Apple Music to FLAC Converter
- User-friendly interface, easy to use and operate
- Remove DRM from Apple Music and convert Apple Music M4P to FLAC, etc. losslessly
- Advanced audio acceleration technology, convert music at a lighting fast speed
- Support to play Apple Music on any device and player offline
How to Convert Apple Music M4P to FLAC with DRmare Apple Music Converter
With an easy-to-use interface, DRmare Apple Music Converter allows you to easily convert M4P to FLAC files. Now, you can refer to the following step-by-step tutorial to convert Apple Music to FLAC audio files.
- Step 1Launch DRmare Apple Music Converter
- Install and double-click the DRmare Apple Music Converter software from your desktop. Then its main interface will show up automatically. To import Apple Music songs to DRmare, please authorize your iTunes on this computer. And please make sure all Apple Music protected streams are downloaded completely.
- Step 2Add DRM protected Apple Music to DRmare
- Touch the first Add icon at the left-bottom corner of DRmare main screen, Apple Music library will pop up in the new window. Here you can choose and add favorite Apple Music files to this smart software.
- Step 3Define output format for Apple Music to FLAC
- Please click the Format option at the right-bottom corner to open the Format list. You will see the FLAC format at a glance. Then tap this FLAC format and click OK. Plus, DRmare software allows you to customize other output parameters, like bit rate, sample rate, ID tags and others. You could set them as you want.
- Step 4Remove DRM and convert M4P to FLAC
- When all settings are ready, then launch the conversion process by clicking the Convert button. DRmare Apple Music converter will encode all added DRM Apple Music to FLAC files. Please wait a few minutes for the end of converting process. Once done, then go to the 'history' icon to get the converted Apple Music files.
Video Guide: How to Convert Apple Music to FLAC
Now you can refer to the detailed video demo below to convert M4P to FLAC with DRmare Audio Converter.
Part 3. How to Convert Apple Music M4P to FLAC Free Online
To convert Apple Music M4P to FLAC free, here are two M4P to FLAC converter online for you. Now, let's follow the steps below to see how to convert Apple Music to FLAC free online.
1. Convert M4P to FLAC via FreeConvert
FreeConvert is a free and online file conversion tool. It can convert not only audio but also video, image and more. It supports to convert the media files from one format to another with ease. With it, you don't need to install and download any extra software. Here let's see how to use it to convert Apple Music to FLAC.
Step 1. Open a web browser on your computer.
Step 2. Go to freeconvert.com. Then you can get its main webpage.
Step 3. Move the cursor to the 'Converters' option on the top menu bar on FreeConvert.
Step 4. Choose the 'Audio Converter' option from the list. Then you will at the Audio Converter page.
Step 5. Scroll down to the top at the Audio Converter page. Then select 'FLAC Converter' option.
Step 6. Go down to the top at the FLAC Converter page. Then choose 'M4P to FLAC' option. Here you will get started to convert M4P to FLAC.
Step 7. Hit on the 'Choose Files' button to select the M4P files you want to convert to FLAC.
Step 8. Touch on the 'Convert to FLAC' button to start to convert M4P to FLAC.
Step 9. When done, press on the 'Download FLAC' button to save the files to your computer.
2. Convert M4P to FLAC by FileZigZag
FileZigZag is also a free converter that can convert audio, image, and more. It states it can convert files with the best quality. And it also doesn't need to install any program onto your computer. Now, let's find out how to use it to convert Apple Music to FLAC.
Step 1. Go head to filezigzag.com on the web browser on your computer.
Step 2. Click on the 'Conversions' option at the top menu bar.
Step 3. Press on the 'Audio' option under the 'All Converters' section.
Step 4. Find and hit on the 'M4P to FLAC Converter' option. Then you will be at the M4P to FLAC converter page.
Step 5. Drag or click the 'Browse for files' button to load the M4P files to FileZigZag.
Step 6. Hit on the 'Convert to' option to choose the output format as FLAC.
Step 7. Input your email address on the 'Email address' box.
Step 8. Touch on the 'Convert' button to start to convert M4P to FLAC. After converting, you can receive the download link to download the audio files via email.
Part 4. Conclusion
In this post, you had learned how to convert Apple Music M4P to FLAC with three tools. You can go ahead to choose the tool you want. But here we would like to recommend you to use DRmare Audio Converter. It is the best way for you to convert M4P to FLAC. With it, you can also convert iTunes music and Audible audiobooks to MP3, and more.
Leave a Comment