"With the free HandBrake video converter, I can convert my DVDs and videos to MP4 and MKV normally. However, sometimes it prompts me that 'No valid source or titles found' when I try to import M4V files. So can HandBrake convert M4V to MP4? Did I do anything wrong"
HandBrake is a free and open-source digital video transcoder which works well on Windows, Mac, Linux system. It was first developed in 2003 by Eric Petit and praised by lots of users for its powerful features. However, it is not perfect as it still doesn't support the media files with copy protection. That is why sometimes users may encounter the issue mentioned above. In order to convert protected DVDs or movies, you have to depends on the third party plugins, tools and other HandBrake alternatives. For example, by installing the VLC, you will be able to convert DVDs with libdvdcss encryption. And to get rid of DRM from videos, you need a DRM video converter. This page will show you all the details about converting any M4V to MP4.
So the answer to the question whether HandBrake convert M4V files varies. For common M4V files, you should be able to convert them easily. Here are the quick steps to use HandBrake video converter.
1. Open source. You can either open a folder to import one or more M4V files at the same time or choose a single M4V video file you want.
2. Select the destination folder and input the file name. Just click 'Browse' button to choose a folder you want from your computer and then type in the new name for the converted file.
3. Choose output settings. It supports the container formats such as MP4 or MKV. Besides, you can select a lot of presets settings according to your device type.
4. Start encode. When everything is set, you can click 'Start Encode' to convert M4V to MP4 as you required. It takes different time depending on the length of your source videos etc., please just wait patiently.
But if you are having a M4V file with DRM copy protection, HandBrake will be powerless.
Part 2. Convert iTunes M4V to MP4 with DRmare M4V Converter
Please rest assured, there are couples of HandBrake alternatives can help you get the job one. Regarding to the case, DRmare M4V to MP4 Converter/Mac is one of the best alternative for its clean interface, powerful features, high performance and free download. Following is a list of the features and benefits, you can take a look at it and then follow the instruction to try it out for free.
DRmare iTunes M4V Converter
Remove DRM copy protection from iTunes M4V movies, TV episodes within 1 click
Convert M4V to MP4, MOV, MPEG, MKV and other formats in a fastest speed
Similar to HandBrake, you can click 'Add Files' to import one or more files from the iTunes library. Please make sure your designed videos are downloaded and authorized to play well on iTunes first, else they may not be detected. DRmare M4V Converter also offers another more intuitive way to drag and drop to import iTunes videos.
Step 2Customize the output M4V format
DRmare set the MP4 format as the default option. If you haven't changed it before, you can just leave it unchanged. On the other hand, if you do want get other more personalized videos, DRmare also offers much more options compared to HandBrake, you can just go ahead to choose the one you want such as AVI, MKV, MOV, MPG, TS and more.
Step 3Start transcoding iTunes videos
Check to make sure everything is set as you want and click 'Convert' button, DRmare will convert M4V to MP4 in a fastest speed with its advanced video converting acceleration technology.
Part 3. More HandBrake Alternative Video Converters
DRmare M4V Converter is a great alternative to help you enjoy iTunes movies on any devices if you are an iTunes video lover. Besides this one, there are also other alternative tools which make it easier for you to enjoy digital media files. For your convenience, I have curated the top 5 other HandBrake alternatives here.
1. Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate. It is a commercial software which has all the features of HandBrake as well as other powerful new features such as streaming videos, downloading videos. It is a complete video solution to any digital media files.
2. Avidemux. It is another open source video software like HandBrake. It doesn't convert DVDs, but it comes with powerful editing features. You can edit up to 20 types of audio and video files with different codecs and convert them to new formats of files.
3. Any Video Converter. It is a well-known powerful video software which can convert DVDs, videos, downloading videos, editing video features like Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate, but the supported video downloading websites and resources are fewer.
4. Mobile Media Converter. This is a free alternative to HandBrake. It supports to convert videos to a large number of video and audio formats and it is also a downloader to download videos from popular vide sharing sites. The drawback is that currently it is only available for Mac.
5. Hybrid. It is a multiple platform software which supports Mac, Linux, Windows. Regarding to the features, they are almost the same like Handbrake, only the interface looks different. If you are tired of the appearance of HandBrake, you may have a try of the Hybrid.