MOV and M4V are both video container formats developed by Apple Inc. Generally speaking, MOV is a default format for QuickTime and it supports multiple different codecs while M4V is mainly for iTunes and has the H.264 video codec. Besides this, another biggest difference is that MOV doesn't have DRM protection but most iTunes M4V are FairPlay DRM protected. Under this digital restriction, users are only allowed to play the iTunes movies on up to 5 Apple devices like Mac computers or IOS mobile devices.
So if you want to play iTunes videos on more than 5 Apple devices, you can remove DRM from iTunes videos and convert M4V to MOV format.
View also: Convert M4V to MP4 with Handbrake
- Part 1. How to Select a Best iTunes M4V to MOV Converter
- Part 2. How to Remove DRM from iTunes Videos and Convert M4V to MOV
- Part 3. In Conclusion
Part 1. How to Select a Best iTunes M4V to MOV Converter
Converting M4V to MOV is not difficult at all, but you may not be able to convert videos manually without using a converting tool. So the most important job is to find a DRM iTunes M4V to MOV Converter which works best for you. To save you from any troubles, I will discuss the top 3 things you may need to consider when picking up a converter. First of all, you should find a converter which supports DRM removal. Since most iTunes M4V videos are DRM protected, if you get a converting tool without the ability to handle DRM, it won’t work. There are many free online converters or players which all don’t support DRM video files. For example, though QuickTime player has the feature to convert common M4V to MOV, it can’t convert iTunes DRM protected movies. Second, you might need to make sure the output quality is good and the converting speed is fast. It makes no sense to convert a high resolution M4V videos to a low resolution MOV or just wait for hours to convert a video. The last but not least is that you cam check if it is easy enough to use. No one wants to spend long time on learning new things. A user friendly software can be used at the first glance and it can help you save a lot of time to get the job done quickly.
Now you already knew how to find a best converter. If you are a new starter, I would recommend you to try these softwares directly instead of spending long time to search online. Among all the converters in the world, DRmare M4V to MOV Converter, TunesKit DRM Media Converter, AppleMacSoft DRM Media Converter are highly recommended, you can take a look at them. For my part, DRmare M4V to MOV Video Converter for Mac works best for me due to its beautiful design and robust performance. I think you would like it too.
View also: Perfect iTunes DRM Removal Software
DRmare iTunes M4V to MOV Video Converter
- Bypass FairPlay DRM from iTunes M4V videos and get rid of the limitations easily.
- Supports to convert M4V to various popular formats of videos such as MOV format.
- Run at a 20X faster speed while keeping the best video quality.
- It has been tested hundreds of times before releasing, 100% reliable.
Part 2. How to Remove DRM from iTunes Videos and Convert M4V to MOV
In order to help you find out how does DRmare iTunes M4V to MOV Converter work, I will illustrate the steps to convert M4V to MOV by it here.
- Step 1Add iTunes DRM Movies
- It is very easy to add DRM Movies, just click ‘+’ button at the bottom left, then a window will pop up with all the video files which are in your iTunes library. You can choose one or multiple files as you want to the software main screen.
- Step 2Pick up the output MOV format
- By clicking the format droplist from the bottom, you will see a wide selection of output formats under the output format selection window, please select ‘MOV’ as the output format. This format is perfect for playing on all kinds of Apple devices.
- Step 3Apply the settings to convert
- Before you start to convert, please check to make sure everything is OK first because after starting you can’t make any more changes. Usually the software will batch convert your files automatically and all you need is just wait a few moments patiently.
Part 3. In Conclusion
At last, you will get the DRM free MOV files. You can import the converted MOV videos and then you can sync to your Apple devices by iTunes to play easily without authorizing them on new devices again and there won’t be any restrictions. In addition, you can put the MOV to other devices to play too such as Windows Media Player and VLC player and so on. In a word, converting M4V to MOV will offer you much more new benefits which you can’t get with the original M4V copyright protected files. So please just enjoy using this DRmare iTunes M4V to MOV Converter for Mac.
Video Tutorial: Convert iTunes M4V to MOV with DRmare
To find out the easier tutorial, you can follow the video guide on converting DRM iTunes M4V movies to MOV format with DRmare M4V Converter for Mac as below.
Leave a Comment