Best M4V to MKV Converter – How to Convert M4V to MKV
In order to make video files to be compatible with different devices or platforms, sometimes we need to convert videos from one format to another. When it comes to convert the formats of video files, it's not a difficult task to do that since there are lots of powerful free and paid converters in the market. By the way, you must also be familiar with converting iTunes M4V videos to MKV files.
However, you'll meet some obstacles when converting the M4V videos to MKV format. It's universally known that, iTunes digital content is encrypted with Apple's FairPlay DRM technology, which stops customers from playing their legally purchased iTunes movies and TV shows on non-Apple devices.
Thus, if you need to convert DRM-restricted M4V from iTunes to common MKV format for playing on any portable devices, you should be equipped with an outstanding M4V to MKV converter. Besides, we will also introduce three online tools for you convert M4V video files to MKV.
Part 1. Best DRM M4V to MKV Converter – DRmare M4V Converter
When it comes to the best DRM M4V to MKV DRM removal solution, here, we highly recommend DRmare M4V to MKV converter. It is one of the most professional and extraordinary iTunes DRM removal tools. It can not only remove DRM encryption from iTunes movies and TV shows legally, but also convert M4V files to MKV format directly.
Expect for MKV format, it also supports converting iTunes M4V to other DRM-free formats, such as lossless MP4, M4V, HD AVI, MPEG, MOV, etc. With innovative and advanced DRM decryption core, DRmare iTunes Video Converter works at 30X faster speed with 5.1 Dolby audio tracks and all subtitles preserved.
Simple Tutorial on How to Convert M4V to MKV Format with DRmare
In the first place, please download and install the DRmare M4V Converter for Mac on your computer. If you have purchased this smart DRM removal software, you can activate this solution by inputting the license key. If not, you can install the free trial version to test its powerful performance in advance.
- Step 1 Import iTunes DRM M4V videos to DRmare
- This smart DRmare DRM M4V Converter supports two approaches to input iTunes DRM movies and TV shows. The most common way is to add video files by clicking the "+" button easily to choose iTunes M4V videos as you like. The other method is to drag and drop DRM M4V files to the right area directly.
- Step 2Set the HD MKV as the output format
- Once you imported iTunes M4V content to this professional software, you need to click the "Format" button at the lower left bottom of DRmare main interface. It will pop-up a new window with various formats. Then, you could click the "HD video" to select the “HD M4V” tab. In this step, you are allowed to touch the "gear" icon to customize other parameters for the output, such as video size, bit rate, etc.
- Step 3Convert M4V files to MKV
- Now, click the "Convert" button to remove DRM protection and convert M4V to MKV videos losslessly. After that, you could find these converted DRM-free M4V files on the destination folder. Please click on the 'Converted' button at the bottom-right corner and then it will navigate you to the target folder.
- Video GuideConvert M4V files to MKV via DRmare M4V Converter
Part 2. How to Convert M4V to MKV Online - Top 3 Online M4V to MKV Converter
Above we highly recommend using a professional DRmare M4V Converter to convert M4V files, if you need to customize your videos, then it would be the best choice for you. But if you simply want to convert a video file to another format, then you could use the online video converter.
Since there are many kinds of online M4V to MKV Converter, here we would like to choose three of them and show you how they work.
CloudConvert is a website that offers free online converter to convert almost any video, audio, eBook, document, etc. format. And you can control video resolution, file size and quality in its video converter.
Step 1. Go to CloudConvert website, choose the tool 'Video Converter'.
Step 2. Click on the 'Select File' button to choose M4V files you want to convert.
Step 3. Choose the output video format as MKV and define other parameters you like.
Step 4. Press on 'Convert' button to start to convert M4V to MKV online.
#2. MediaShare Online Free Video Converter
MediaShare Online Free Video Converter can help convert videos to MP4, MKV, MOV, WMV, etc. in one click freely.
Step 1. Click the '+' button to drag & drop or choose M4V files from your computer.
Step 2. Set the output format to MKV and define the video resolution.
Step 3. Touch on the 'Start Now' button to begin to convert M4V files to MKV format.
FreeConvert is also a free website to convert videos, audios, image, etc. You could customize the video codec, video resolution, audio settings, etc. with it.
Step 1. Select 'Video Converter' on FreeConvert.com.
Step 2. Click the 'Choose Files' button or drop files to upload M4V files to it.
Step 3. Adjust the video format to MKV from the 'Convert To' drop-down list.
Step 4. Hit on 'Convert' button to convert M4V videos to MKV.
More Tips: Difference between M4V and MKV
M4V developed by Apple Inc., is one of the standard formats of video file. M4V files are divided into two types, namely unprotected M4V files and DRM-restricted M4V files. Unprotected M4V files could be recognized by many portable media players. While, with professional encryption technology, iTunes DRM M4V content can be only allowed to play on Apple-approved devices, such as iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, etc.
MKV originated in Russia in 2002, is short for the video file format of Matroska Multimedia Container. It is an open standard, free container format. Different from traditional concept, MKV is not an audio or video compression format, but actually multimedia container format with putting the audio, video, and subtitles fused into a single file.