"Can Windows play M4V files?" Yes. You can do that via iTunes program or other media players on your Windows PC. But it is noted that if those are iTunes M4V files, then you need to make sure that you had purchased videos and authorize your computer to play iTunes M4V videos via iTunes. And you can play common M4V files via Windows Media Player.
Yet, if you want to play M4V on Windows from iTunes with other players like WMP, you need to do some preparations first. That's because those M4V files are with DRM protection which can't be directly played on other platforms. Now, please read the following parts to see how to play M4V files on PC without any limits.
Part 1. Best Tool to Help Play M4V on Windows 11/10/8/7/XP
With the DRM protection, iTunes M4V movies all limited on iTunes player only. Apple don't want people to distribute their movies outside of its ecosystem so that to stop any spam. But this is rather inconvenient to use. So, many users complain that and wonder if there is a way to remove DRM from M4V online.
Well, that is definitely a good idea. Many companies have released the converters with the mature technology to crack M4V files from iTunes. DRmare M4V Movie Converter is one of them to help you easily. It is created with the latest and most advanced video encoding technology. By comparison, you will find it runs significantly than other brands of software in the market.
This program supports multiple output video formats like MP4, MOV and more. Besides, it allows to export audio from video files with ease. Also, you can customize output video quality and edit watermark or else for your videos. After converting, you will get common video files of iTunes and play iTunes videos on Windows PC without using iTunes.
DRmare iTunes M4V File Converter
- Easy and beautiful interface, convert multiple iTunes movies within 1 click
- Support to export video to M4V, MOV, MP4, AVI, WMV, MKV, OGG for different players
- High performance with up to 20X faster speed yet it will keep all ID3, subtitles, audio, etc.
- Support to play iTunes M4V files on Windows PC without any limits
Part 2. How to Convert iTunes M4V Video to Play on Windows without iTunes
To find out how does DRmare M4V Converter work, we'd highly recommend you to download it to have a try too. If you'd like to play DRM M4V videos on your Windows PC freely just like any other common videos, you'd better convert M4V to MP4 for free on computer first. It takes less than 3 steps.
- Step 1 Load M4V files from iTunes
- On your computer, if you have downloaded the iTunes M4V video from iTunes Store, please just drag & drop them from iTunes to the DRmare main screen. Or click the '+' icon from the bottom left to browse the files and add.
- Step 2Customize output files (optional)
- This option is not obliged. What it matters is to remove DRM from iTunes videos. So you may just keep the default MP4 settings if you don't have any special requirements. Else, you can click on the 'format' icon to change output video formats, output device, output quality and more you want.
- Step 3Convert iTunes M4V to MP4 for playing on Windows PC
- Finally, please select an output folder and click the 'Convert' button from the bottom right. Within a quick moment, you will get the universal MP4 movies on your Windows computer. Later, you can use other media player like Windows Media Player to play M4V on Windows PC.
Part 3. FAQs about Playing M4V Files on Windows
Q1: Why Can't I Open M4V Files in Windows 10?
A: If there are outdated video drivers on your system, the M4V files may not play well. So, you could check whether the drivers are updated or not. If not, then update it first before playing M4V files. Besides, check if the M4V files are DRM-free or not. If not, you can't open it with the media player on your Windows.
Q2: What Media Players Can Play M4V Files?
A: Media players like VLC, MPlayer, RealPlayer and more can support M4V video format. But it is noted that only DRM-free M4V files are available.
Q3: How to Edit M4V Files on Windows?
A: To edit M4V files, you can seek help from DRmare M4V Converter. With this tool, you can load M4V files in it. Then you can trim your video, add effects, and more according to your needs. And then you can convert M4V files to different video formats for use on other platforms.
Part 4. Wrap Up
That is the best way to play M4V on Windows 11/10/8/7/XP computers. With DRmare iTunes Video Converter, it will help you save a lot of time yet avoid any problems that M4V can't be played on Windows PC. In addition, you can backup your media files forever. This is helpful when you buy the iTunes rentals which will be expired in 48 hours after starting. Besides, this tool can help remove protection from iTunes videos and convert video to plain video formats. In this case, you can easily put iTunes movies on other platforms for playing offline.