How to Watch iTunes Movies and TV Shows on Chromebook
"My mother bought me a Chromebook with really nice 1080P screen to use at school, it help me surf web page quickly, but can I watch a movie from my iTunes account on my Chromebook?" - Question from the Google forum.
The Chromebook is a laptop based on the Chrome OS developed by Google. Generally Chromebook is simple, fast with and with low price. After the first Chromebook was released by Acer, Samsung, more and more hardware partners join to develop new Chromebooks, including ASUS, HP, Toshiba, Dell , Lenovo and so on. It turns out to be a notable success on the education market.
A survey shows Chromebook is most popular in the US K-12 schools and growing elsewhere such as Western Europe. Do you also have a Chromebook? If want to enjoy iTunes movies and TV shows on Chromebook too, please just check this guide.
View also: Play Apple Music on Chromebook
Part 1. Can I Run iTunes on Chromebook
Chromebook offers a simple way for users to complete multiple tasks mainly through the Chrome browser. All the models including the Google Chromebook Pixel, Pixelbook, ASUS Chromebook Flip, Samsung Chromebook Pro perform in the same way. In May, 2016, Google announced that it will make the Android apps available on Chromebook by using the Google Play platform. The number of Android apps supported by Chromebook is increasing. However, there is not an Android version iTunes or web-based version iTunes because iTunes is developed only for Apple devices like Mac computers and IOS devices etc. Currently it it not possible to run iTunes on Android, let alone the Chromebook system.
So are we totally out of luck to play iTunes movies considering that all iTunes purchased/rental movies are DRM protected? No worries, though we can't download and authorize iTunes movies and TV shows via iTunes on Chromebook, we can bypass DRM protection by a DRM removal tool. Depending on your needs, you can use Aimersoft DRM Media Converter, TunesKit DRM Media Converter or DRmare M4V Converter for Windows/Mac etc. For my part, I will take the DRmare M4V Converter as I don't want any fancy functions. It is specialized for removing DRM from iTunes movies, so it has a cleanest interface and fastest converting speed.
DRmare M4V to Chromebook Converter
- Crack DRM from iTunes movies, TV shows, music videos and Extras
- Convert iTunes movies to MP4, MOV, WebM, 3GP, MPEG, H.264, etc.
- Lossless output video quality and fastest converting speed up to 20X faster
- Instant 24/7 technical support and lifetime free update, refund guaranteed
Part 3. Transfer Converted iTunes Videos on Chromebook
Before you can watch iTunes videos on Chromebook, there is one extra step to transfer the converted DRM free iTunes movies. Following are the top 2 ways.
1. Google drive. It is a most intuitive way. You just need to upload your converted iTunes movies to the Google Drive from your computer and then you will be able to download the videos directly. It will take some time to complete this task depending on the internet speed.
2. USB drive. You can connect a USB drive and copy your DRM free videos to an USB drive first. After that, plugin it into the USB interface of your Chromebook, you will be able to play the videos on the USB by a video player.
Quick Video Tutorial
To find out how does it work more easily, you can also visit this quick video guide.