Do you like to play games on Nintendo Switch? Nintendo Switch, as a gaming console, enables you to play games at home and on-the-go. You can also watch videos or listen to music. Would you like to get some audiobooks on it to play? I like to do it! Some audiobooks from Audible are inspiring and exciting. They can fulfill my time when I relax or play games.
Do you know how to get Audible audiobooks on Nintendo Switch? As Audible audiobooks can't be played on Nintendo Switch directly, you need to do something to make it work. What do you need? How to do it? Let's get the answer together.
Part 1. Why Audible Audiobooks Are Not Supported by Nintendo Switch
As a matter of fact, Audible audiobooks are in the format of AA or AAX, which are not supported by Nintendo Switch. You are only allowed to play audiobooks of Audible on the authorized devices. If you download the Audible books, the downloads are protected files so they can not be moved to Nintendo Switch for listening.
Nintendo Switch supports audio files formed in common formats like MP3. Audible audiobooks are not compatible with Nintendo Switch. As a result, you are required to change the Audible books' format into common ones for Nintendo Switch.
Part 2. Play Audible Audiobooks on Nintendo Switch - What You Need
As a good format conversion tool - DRmare Audio Converter is powerful enough for your need. You can use it to convert Audible AA/AAX to MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A and M4B. Then the Audible files would become available for you to stream on Nintendo Switch. What's more, the Audible books are saved without quality loss. They are kept with all of their ID3 tags.
What surprises you is that you can set the output parameters by yourself. Moreover, the conversion will be done in a short time with the DRmare software running at a fast speed. The converted Audible audiobooks can be also played on other game consoles.
Only 4 steps are needed to finish the conversion. After you do that, you can keep the Audible books on your Nintendo Switch forever for offline playback. That means you own the Audible audiobooks in the end.
Powerful Audiobook Converter of 2020
Part 3. Get Audible Audiobooks on Nintendo Switch - Step by Step
Now let's see how to get Audible audiobooks on Nintendo Switch. Firstly, please download and install the DRmare Audio Converter of the right version on your Windows or Mac computer.
- Step 1Add Audible books to DRmare program
- Tap on the first "Add Files" button on the left of the DRmare window. When the iTunes library is opened, you can drag and drop the Audible audiobooks to the window if you have bought the books with your account. Or you can select the books on the library and click the "Add" icon to load them to the DRmare interface.
- Step 2Customize output parameters for Nintendo Switch
- There is an "Edit" button on the uploaded audiobooks. Hit it. You are able to edit the ID3 tags. Press on the button next to the "Edit", you will be allowed to split the Audible books by chapters. Find the "Audio" icon on the bottom. Six output formats are for your choice. Pick the one you like. Also, please reset the codec, channel, bit rate and sample rate. Click the "OK" button to save your settings.
- Step 3Download Audible audiobooks for Nintendo Switch
Hit the big "Convert" button to start the conversion. The DRmare Audio Converter will batch convert the Audible audiobooks on your computer. The converted audiobooks will be saved in the output folder you set.
Here you should know that for getting a whole converted Audible file, you are suggested to buy the DRmare Audio Converter. Or you can use the free trial at first and then decide whether you would buy the tool. But in this way, you will only be given back a one-third Audible book.
- Step 4Stream Audible audiobooks on Nintendo Switch
Now you have got all of the converted Audible files on your computer. Here we make you the guide to get Audible audiobooks on Nintendo Switch.
1. Insert a MicroSD card into the card reader of your computer. Go to "This PC / My Computer / Computer".
2. Find the inserted MicroSD card. Add the converted Audible books to it.
3. Connect the MicroSD card to the card reader of Nintendo Switch. Click the "Nintendo 3DS Sound" option on the HOME menu.
4. Choose the "Open" icon and select the Audible files on the card. Hit "Play" to play Audible audiobooks on Nintendo Switch.