Q: "I downloaded an audiobook and wanted to play it on my Android device. However, I find that I cannot open it and it shows that it is an AAX file. How to play AAX files on Android devices?"
The AAX format is mainly used in Audible, which includes DRM protection. In fact, Audible is now available on some Android devices. But what about those devices that are not accessible? In this article, we will provide you with different ways to play AAX file on Android or other devices.
- Part 1. How to Open AAX Files on Android
- Part 2. How to Play AAX Files on Android without Audible
- 2.1 Best AAX to MP3 Converter Android
- 2.2 How to Convert AAX to MP3 Android
- 2.3 How to Play an AAX File on Android
- Part 3. FAQs about AAX Files
- Part 4. In Conclusion
Part 1. How to Open AAX Files on Android
How to open AAX files? First of all, you need to know what an AAX file is.
AAX files are files in a special encoding format, mainly used by Apple Macintosh operating system. Although this file type is supported by many different software programs, not all of them are able to open AAX files.
In order to play AAX files on Android devices, you need to download Audible AAX file player for Android.
Step 1. Open Google Play Store and search for 'Audible'.
Step 2. Once found, download and install it to your Android device.
Step 3. Open Audible and sign in to your account. If you don't have an account, you can start your 30-day free trial and create a new account.
Step 4. Now you will be able to access your AAX files. Go to 'My Library' and then find the audiobook you want. Then click the 'Download' icon to download and play Audible audiobook.
Part 2. How to Play AAX Files on Android without Audible
Can you play AAX file on Android without installing the Audible application? Yes, you can use a professional AAX converter and then convert AAX files to common files. Then you can listen to AAX files on any media player on your Android device.
2.1 Best AAX to MP3 Converter Android
After you have downloaded an AAX file, you can convert it to MP3 by using DRmare Audio Converter. This program works for both Windows and Mac. It's designed to convert any AAX/AA files to popular audio formats including MP3, FLAC, AAC, etc. You can use it to convert multiple AAX files at once with a super-fast 30X conversion speed.
After conversion, the MP3 files will be stored in your local folder. They can be played on any media player on your Android device or other devices. You can enjoy the original sound quality and all the ID3 tags will be preserved fully.
DRmare AAX to MP3 Converter Android
- Convert AAX to MP3, FLAC, AAC, M4A, M4B, and WAV
- Play Audible AAX files on Android and other devices
- Support fast conversion speed of 30X and keeping lossless quality
- Support splitting audio files and customizing the output parameters
2.1 How to Convert AAX to MP3 Android
Please first download the DRmare AAX to MP3 Converter via the 'Download' button above. Then you can refer to the complete tutorial on how to convert AAX files to MP3 for playing on Android.
- Step 1Add AAX files to DRmare Audio Converter
- To add AAX files to DRmare Audio Converter, please hit the second 'Add' button at the bottom left. You can batch select and add files for conversion in batches.
- Step 2Set output format as MP3 for Android devices
- Hit the 'format' icon to choose the output format for Android devices. Since MP3 is fully compatible with almost all Android devices, you can set MP3 as the output format. And you can set the codec, sample rate, etc. of AAX files for Android devices.
- Step 3Convert Audible AAX to MP3 Android
- Once all settings are OK, you can launch the conversion process by tapping the 'Convert' tab. DRmare Audio Converter will convert your AAX files to MP3 at a 30X speed. Once converting process finishes, you can locate the files in the 'converted' folder.
- Video TutorialHow to Convert AAX file to MP3 for Android
To get a detailed tutorial on how to convert AAX to MP3 Android, please visit this step-by-step video.
2.3 How to Play AAX Files on Android
Now you have got the MP3 files for your Android devices. You can follow the steps below on how to play an AAX file on Android.
- Connect your computer to your Android device by using a USB cable.
- Locate the converted AAX files on your computer via the 'Output' path on DRmare Audio Converter.
- Copy and paste the converted files to your Android device.
- You can now play AAX files on your Android device with any media player.
Part 3. FAQs about AAX Files
Q1: How Do I Open an AAX File on Android?
A: AAX is short for Audible Enhanced Audiobook so you can open an AAX file on Android by the Audible application.
Q2: What App Can Play AAX Files?
A: To play AAX files on Android, you can use Audible. It's an AAX player Android.
To play AAX files on Windows, you can use Audible, Audible Manager, or Windows Media Player.
To play AAX files on Mac, you can use iTunes or Apple Books as there is no official Audible app for Mac.
Q3: How Do I Convert Audible to MP3 on Android?
A: You can use DRmare Audio Converter to convert Audible AAX/AA to MP3 on your computer. Then transfer the converted files to your Android device.
Q4: How Do I Download Audible Books to My Android Phone?
A: Open Audible and then go to 'My Library' to find the book you want to download. Tap on the cover art or touch the 'Download' icon to download Audible books.
Q5: What Can I Do When I Meet the 'Can't Download Audiobooks from the Audible App on Android' Issue?
A: You can update the Audible app on your Android and then change the download audio quality.
To update Audible on Android: Hit 'Menu' > 'My Apps' > 'Audible for Android'. Then touch 'Update' > 'Continue'.
To change the Audible download quality: Touch the 'Menu' button > 'Settings' > 'Download'. Then select another audio quality from the 'Download Quality' for Audible audiobooks.
Q6: Can VLC Play AAX?
A: No, the VLC player doesn't support AAX files. But it is compatible with the AA format. So, if you would like to play Audible audiobooks on VLC, you can download audiobooks in AA format.
Part 4. In Conclusion
Today we have shown you how to play AAX files on Android. Actually, AAX files can be played on multiple AAX players including Audible, Audible Manager, iTunes, and so on. But if you would like to open an AAX file on Android, you will need to use Audible. Alternatively, you can use DRmare Audio Converter to convert AAX files to MP3. Then you can play them on any media player on Android or any other devices.
Leave a Comment