Audible is a popular audiobook service owned by Amazon. It offers a wide range of audiobooks, podcasts, and other audio content that can be streamed or downloaded to your device. You can purchase audiobooks individually or subscribe to a monthly membership to get free audiobooks every month and discounts on additional purchases. It offers users two main membership plans, including Audible Plus and Audible Premium Plus. However, subscriptions can be expensive for student users. So, does Audible have a student discount? Yes, there is. Read on to learn everything you ever wanted to know about Audible student discount 2023.
Part 1. Is There an Audible Student Discount
Does Audible offer a student discount? Yes, Audible offers student discounts to qualifying college and university students. As a student, you can get 30% off the regular price of audiobooks and podcasts. This discount applies to new and existing customers. That means students can enjoy Audible's affordable prices for as little as $9.95 a month. Plus, you can get a free 30-day trial before you pay.
To qualify for the Audible student discount, you'll need to meet the following criteria.
1. Be a student at a college or university with a student email.
2. Be at least 16 years old.
3. Be enrolled in at least one course at an institution in one of the 50 U.S. states or the District of Columbia.
4. Create a new Audible account.
Part 2. How to Get an Audible Student Membership
If you are an eligible student, then you can verify you are a student and then get the Audible for students discount. You can follow the steps below.
Step 1. Go to your web browser and go to Audible's website. Then log into your account. If you are a new user, please create an account.
Step 2. Click 'My Membership' and select 'Audible Student Discounts'. You can then choose a monthly or annual plan.
Step 3. You will then see the UNiDAYS page where you can confirm if you are eligible for the discount. You will need to register or log in to your UNiDAYS account.
Step 4. Wait and a confirmation email will be sent to you within the next 72 hours. You can then activate your Audible student membership by visiting the Audible website. You will also get a $10 Amazon.com credit to buy products on Amazon.
Part 3. How to Make the Most of Your Audible Student Membership
With the Audible student discount, you can enjoy discounted access to over 200,000 titles and audio originals. But how can you make the most of it?
You can use DRmare Audible Converter to download and convert Audible books to MP3 for permanent listening on all the devices you want. If you're an Audible fan, you may have noticed that Audible audiobooks are only available on authorized devices with the Audible app. You cannot copy or move them to any portable device such as an MP3 player.
So, that's why we recommend you DRmare Audible Converter, which allows you to easily convert Audible audiobooks and podcasts to MP3, AAC, M4A or other commonly used formats. It runs at blazingly fast 30x speeds and maintains lossless audio quality and ID3 tags. This way you can listen to original Audible audiobooks on any device you want. It's worth mentioning that this tool also works for Apple Music and iTunes.
DRmare Audible Audiobooks Converter
How to Listen to Audible Audiobooks Anywhere and Anytime
- Step 1Import Audible books to DRmare Audible Downloader
- You can free install the DRmare Audible Converter via the 'Download' button above. Then launch it and drag and drop your downloaded Audible audiobooks to it. Or you can click on the 'Add Files' button at the bottom left to browse and import the Audible downloads from your iTunes library.
- Step 2Set output parameters for Audible audiobooks
- Click on the 'Format' icon at the bottom right and the output settings window will pop up. You can then change the output format, channel, sample rate, and so on. (The MP3 format is the most universal format and is compatible with most devices.) Once you finish changing the settings, click on 'OK'.
- Step 3Convert Audible audiobooks as popular audio files
- Click on the big 'Convert' button at the bottom right and DRmare Audible Converter will convert and download all your added Audible audioboks. When a book is converted, you will see a red tip occur on the 'History' list. Click on it and you can listen to Audible audiobooks offline in this software. You can also head to the 'Output' folder to play, copy, and move these Audible audiobooks to the device you want.
Part 4. FAQs about Audible Student Discount
Q1: Is Audible Free for Students?
A: No. But if are an eligible student, you can get a free 30-day trial of Audible and then get a discounted membership for Audible Premium Plus of $9.95/month.
Q2: How Much Is Audible for Students?
A: $9.95/month. There is also an annual plan for students.
Q3: How Long Can I Enjoy Audible Discount for Students?
A: Four years. But you need to re-verify you are a student within 30 days of the end of each 12 months.
Q4: Do All Students Get a Student Discount on Audible?
A: Yes. The Audible for students discount is available to all students with a university email address.
All in all, if you are a student and love Audible, you can follow the steps above to get an Audible membership at a 30% discount. We also recommend you use DRmare Audible Converter to convert Audible audiobooks to MP3 or other formats. You can then listen to the audiobook on any device you want.