Audible is the world's largest audiobook retailer. It is a subscription-based service which offers two main plans, Audible Plus and Premium Plus. These two different plans offer different perks to different users. If you're wondering which service is right for you, fear not! We'll tell you the differences between Audible Premium Plus vs Plus so you can choose the plan that's right for you.
Part 1. Audible Premium Plus vs Plus: All-around Differences
Which subscription is right for you, Audible Plus or Premium Plus? Let's compare them and see what they are, how much they cost, and what you can get!
1. Overview: What Is Audible Plus vs Premium Plus
What Is Audible Plus?
Audible Plus is Audible's basic subscription service. It allows members unlimited access to the Premium Plus catalog including audiobooks, Audible Originals, podcasts, and more. They will not receive a monthly credit to redeem for titles not available in the Premium Plus catalog. They also don't have access to discounted audiobooks or members-only sales.
What Is Audible Premium Plus?
Audible Premium Plus is an upgraded version of Audible Plus. Audible Premium Plus members can get unlimited listening to the Audible Plus catalog and an exclusive discount of 30% off purchases each month. They can also earn one credit each month that can be redeemed for any book in Audible's full catalog, not just the "Plus" catalog.
2. Audible Premium Plus vs Audible Plus: Price
Audible Plus costs much less at $7.95 per month. But it doesn't include credits that can be redeemed for any Audible books.
For the Premium Plus plan, the subscription can get unlimited access to the Plus catalog, and credits that can be redeemed for audiobooks from the Premium Catalog. Monthly fees: $14.95 (1 credit), $22.95 (2 credits).
3. Audible Plus Catalog vs Premium
Another major difference between Audible Premium Plus and Plus is how many audiobooks you can access with each plan.
With Plus, you can get unlimited access to over 11,000 titles in the Plus catalog. The Audible Plus Catalog is constantly being added.
With Premium Plus, you still get unlimited listening to the 11,000 titles in the Plus catalog. Additionally, Premium Plus members have access to over 470,000 Premium curated titles. You can also earn and use one credit each month (or two credits if you're on the 2 credit plan) to get an audiobook from the full catalog.
Moreover, books from Premium Catalog are usually new releases and popular books. While from Audible Plus, you only have access to old books and classics.
4. Audible Premium vs Premium Plus: Other Benefits
Audible Plus allows access to the Plus catalog. For $7.95, you can buy as many audiobooks as you want. The Premium Plus plan is $7 more than Plus. That means you can get other benifits for only $7 extra. If you think from this perspective, Premium Plus is more worthy.
You can quickly know their benefits by:
1. Unlimited listening from the Plus catalog.
2. Save titles to your library and download them for offline listening.
Premium Plus benefits:
1. Unlimited listening from the Plus catalog.
2. Access to titles from the Premium Plus catalog.
3. 1 credit per month to purchase an audiobook that can be kept forever.
4. Get 30% off additional audiobook purchases.
5. Exclusive sales.
Part 2. Audible Plus vs Premium Plus: Comparison Chart
Below is a summary table comparing Audible Premium Plus vs Plus.
|Audible Plus||Audible Premium Plus|
|$7.95/month||$14.95/month for 1 credit
$22.95/month for 2 credits
Access to Plus Catalog
Access to Premium Plus Catalog
Number of Available Titles
|over 11,000||almost 500,000|
Keep Books Forever
Books Return Policy
Tips 1: All books you purchased from Audible can be returned within 365 days of purchase. Refer to this post: How to Return Audible Audiobooks.
Tip 2: If you're a Plus member, the books you buy don't belong to you. You will not be able to listen to them after your subscription expires. If you're a Premium Plus member, you own the books and can keep them forever.
If you want to subscribe to Audible Plus and are concerned about book ownership, don't worry. Read on as we show you a way to save and back up your Audible books forever.
Part 3. How to Backup Audible Books for Keep Forever
Books you download from Audible Plus are not yours and you will no longer be able to listen to them when your subscription expires. So, we are here to provide you with a way to save and backup those downloaded audiobooks. After backup, you can play them anytime and anywhere.
The only tool you need is DRmare Audiobook Converter. It is an all-in-one Audible book downloader and converter. It's available whether you're an Audible Plus or Premium Plus member.
It enables you to download Audible books and save them as your own files. You can also use it to convert Audible AA/AAX books to popular audio formats including MP3, FLAC, etc. That way, you're not limited to just playing Audible on the Audible app, but you can listen to your favorite Audible audiobooks on any platform and on any device.
DRmare Audible Audiobook Converter
You can click the "Download" button above to install the free trial version of the DRmare Audible Converter. And below is a simple tutorial on how to use it to back up Audible audiobooks for permanent preservation.
- Step 1Load Audible audiobooks to DRmare
- To load your downloaded Audible audiobooks to this program, there are two ways. You can click on the first 'add music' button at the bottom left to add audiobooks from iTunes. You can also click on the second 'add files' button to import Audible books from your computer.
- Step 2Define output parameters for Audible books
- You can click on the 'format' icon at the bottom-right corner to change output parameters. You can reset the output format as MP3, M4A, AAC, FLAC, or others you like. And you can also customize the codec, channel, bit rate, and sample rate.
- Step 3Convert and download Audible books
- You can click on the 'Convert' button at the bottom right to start downloading and converting Audible books. This software will work at 30 times faster and save your Audible books on your computer's local folder. Then you can click on 'history' to find them. You can keep and back up them for as long as you want.
Part 4. Which One to Choose, Audible Plus or Premium Plus?
Both Audible Plus and Premium Plus are great options, and which one you choose depends on your preferences. But obviously, while the Audible Premium Plus plan is a bit more expensive, it has better benefits and is really worth the money.
Here are our suggestions for you.
If you only want to listen to more than one audiobook per month, then you can choose Audible Plus.
If you are an avid audiobook listener and want to get at least one audiobook at a discount, choose Audible Premium Plus.
If you don't know which plan to choose, you can sign up for a free trial and then buy your favorite books. Then you can use DRmare Audio Converter to back up your downloaded Audible audiobooks. That way, you can listen to your favorite Audible books even after your free trial expires.