"I am looking for buying a NVIDIA Shield TV for playing games and watching videos on my living room, I want to find out is it possible to stream iTunes videos on NVIDIA Shield TV and how to do that?" Asked by Madelyn Perez.
After its first release on May 28th, 2015, NVIDIA Shield TV has attracted many users' attention for its high performance. Though it is sold at a relatively high price ($199.99 for standard version, $299.99 for Pro version) compared to other top streaming boxes like Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, etc., it is still rated as the best set-top box. Before we answer the above question, we'd better learn more about NVIDIA Shield TV first.
Part 1. More Details about NVIDIA Shield Android TV
As the first Android TV based device with high-end media playback capabilities such as 4K and HDR video playback, NVIDIA Shield TV is designed to bring ultimate user experience. It originally has the 5.1 Lollipop android system. Now the second generation NVIDIA Shield TV second generation has been updated to Android 7.0 Nougat and replaced with a most powerful Tegra X1 processor at a smaller size. It not only supports a lot of online streaming videos apps like Amazon Video, Netflix, Vudu, Hulu, HBO, UltraFlix,Google Play Movies, but also supports to play local files including high definition audio with 192 kHz, 23.976 Hz and HEVC and VP9 Video codec, 4K video via USB, HDMI or SD support. Besides, it is built in with the Google Voice Search and gaming apps etc., which makes it easiest ever to get what you want and entertain yourself.
Part 2. Solution to Stream iTunes Movies to NVIDIA Shield TV
However, if you try to transfer iTunes videos to NVIDIA TV to play, you will find that none of them can be played. That is because Google platform is not compatible with Apple iTunes ecosystem, which are all protected with the FairPlay DRM policy. Within this protection, iTunes movies and TV episodes can only play via iTunes or Apple devices. Other non-Apple devices including Android and Windows mobile phones, tablets won't recognize iTunes movies and TV shows at all.
Don't worry though. Here we are talking about the way to remove the iTunes DRM. In fact, there are dozens of iTunes DRM unlocking software in the market specially developed to pull the source iTunes videos from the DRM and export them to new DRM-free copies. Here I will highly recommend one of the best iTunes DRM removal software called DRmare iTunes M4V Converter for Windows/Mac. You download the free trial version as below to have a try.
DRmare iTunes M4V to NVIDIA Shield Converter
Part 3. How to Remove DRM from iTunes M4V Videos Losslessly
DRmare M4V Converter supports to extract the iTunes videos quickly. To help you get the iTunes movies playable on your NVIDIA Shield TV, you can refer to the detailed steps as below to convert your iTunes purchases and rentals to DRM-free episodes.
- Step 1Load iTunes Movies/TV Shows
- After you install and launch 'DRmare iTunes M4V to NVIDIA Shield Converter', you will find the test to drag and import iTunes videos, please simply drag your iTunes videos and drop them on the software main screen. If you don't want to drag&drop, you can also click the '+' icon to load videos from iTunes.
- Step 2Choose Output Format
- NVIDIA Shield TV supports to ultra high definition videos with different formats, so here I'd recommend you to choose 'MP4(Lossless)' which can keep original quality, so that you can get the best image quality when playing on your NVIDIA Shield TV. You can also do some settings on the subtitle, audio track etc.
- Step 3Convert iTunes M4V for Shield TV
- Finally, you can click the 'Conversion' button at the lower right to start the converting process. DRmare iTunes M4V to NVIDIA Shield Converter will be able to remove the DRM encryption info from your videos and then export them to new videos smoothly. When it is done, you can locate the DRM free video files and transfer them to your NVIDIA Shield TV, then you will be able to play them like other common videos.