Android TV is a smart TV platform created by Google. It offers an interactive television experience for users to play music, games, enjoy videos and download apps from Google Play. And it supports Google cast, voice search etc., so you can cast videos from Chrome browser and find contents quickly and answer your queries.
After its launch, Google has partnered with many third-party media device manufacturers like Sony, NVIDIA, Xiaomi to integrate the Android TV platform in TVs or media players. Some of the well-known devices powered by Android TV are Nexus Player, Mi Box, Sony Bravia TV, NVIDIA Shield TV and much more.
If you happen to have one device with the Android TV system built in, you may find that there is no iTunes application available there. This means it's impossible to authorize any iTunes videos to play there even if you have purchased or rent the videos on computers or iOS devices. But in this post, you can find out how to watch iTunes movies on Android TV.
Part 1. How to Watch iTunes TV Shows on Android TV
To stream iTunes videos to Android TV, you can use other tools like the official Apple TV, an HDMI cable, the Movies Anywhere app etc. But they are not perfect.
For instance, the Apple TV is so expensive, connecting different devices via HMDI may take up big space and not convenient. The Movies Anywhere app only supports some kinds of iTunes movies and don't support iTunes rentals. Thus, is there another more intuitive and easy way? Definitely.
As it's the DRM protection that prevents the iTunes movies to play on Android TV, you just need to get a DRM removal tool to erase the DRM encryption. I have tried multiple DRM software and the one I recommended highly is DRmare iTunes to Android TV Converter.
Not only for its ease accessibility but also for its great converting feature. It can transform iTunes M4V to common videos like MP4, AVI, WebM, 3GP, etc. After that, you will really own the iTunes videos to play on Android TV anytime.
DRmare iTunes to Android TV Converter
Part 2. Convert iTunes Videos to Android TV
With this professional DRM converter, you can strip DRM from your iTunes episodes and batch convert iTunes videos simultaneously. Compared to other software, it can help to save your time greatly. Please download the right version to try it out. Here I will take the Mac version to illustrate how does it work step by step.
- Step 1Load iTunes movies or TV shows
- Double click to open DRmare software after installing, you will see the clean screen of DRmare software. Then you can click the "Add Files" icon from the bottom left. Select the files you want in the pop-up window and you can add as many files as you want.
- Step 2Customize output format for Android TV
- DRmare software will select the output format as 'MP4(Lossless)' by default, which is a universal format. You can keep the original settings or customize the new output format you want such as the preset profile 'Android Generic'.
- Step 3Convert iTunes videos
- Before you begin the conversion process, you can also customize the parameters, such as video size, bit rate, frame rate, and so on by tapping the gear icon. When everything is OK, you can click 'Convert' button slightly. DRmare iTunes to Android TV converter will rip the DRM protection and convert iTunes videos to new files.
- Step 4Connecting iTunes Movies to Android TV
Now it is time to watch iTunes movies on Android TV. You can directly copy and paste to transfer the videos to your Android TV via a USB disk.
In addition, as Android TV supports the Google cast feature, you could cast iTunes videos from the Chrome browser from your computer too. Please check the steps below.
#1. Power on your computer and the Android TV. Please make sure that they are connected to the same WIFI or cable network.
#2. Open Chrome browser and drag a video to it to begin playing the converted iTunes video from the computer.
#3. Find and hit on the 'Cast' menu from the browser. Select the Android TV as the destination cast device and click 'OK' menu, then the videos will be streamed to the Android TV.
- Video TutorialHow to Watch iTunes Movies on Android TV
Part 3. Key Features of Android TV You Should Know
At the beginning of this post, we had learned some primary features of Android TV. In this part, we will walk you through other main features of Android TV. Let's check it out right now.
1. Content discovery at the top row. When you launch Android TV, you will see the suggested contents from popular apps you use at the top row.
2. Google Assistant integration. You could search contents remotely as you like via the voice commands.
3. Using top apps to search universally. There are some featured apps, like Amazon Instant Video, Netflix, Google Play Store, etc. for you to browse and find more contents.
4. Download tons of games from Google Play Store and play games.
5. Chromecsat support. With built-in Chromecast, Android TV supports to cast contents from laptop or mobile devices to TV just by hitting the 'Cast' button on the mobile app.