iDVD is a cool DVD creation application for Mac OSX produced by Apple Inc, which supports burning QuickTime videos, MP3 songs, photos to playable DVDs. Although iDVD is discontinued and people nowadays don't use DVDs as often as before, there are still many Mac die-hard fans keen on the iDVD on the old Mac computers with OSX 10.7 or previous versions. Having over 100 Apple-designed themes for DVD menus and submenus and each theme include 'drop zones', iDVD allows for the easy creation of DVD menu.
You can burn almost all your home shot videos or favourite video clips to physical DVDs and send them to your friends as a gift or enjoy them on your smart TVs or car stereos. But you can't edit iTunes videos directly and the files are not recognizable when importing iTunes videos to iDVD. Why? Please read on to find the answer.
- Part 1. Tutorial on Editing iTunes Movies on iDVD
- Part 2. Quick Procedure to Convert iTunes M4V to iDVD
- Part 3. Import and Burn iTunes Videos to DVD
Part 1. How to Edit iTunes Movies on iDVD
iTunes purchased and rental videos are encoded with the FairPlay DRM scheme protection when they are sold in iTunes. After purchasing the movies, you don't really own the videos. And you can't edit or modify the iTunes movies, but only get the permission to enjoy the iTunes videos on up to 5 authorized devices only. This prevents a lot of legal users from getting full use of the iTunes videos such as editing iTunes videos in iDVD or any other creative ideas. If you are among one of the these users, you don't need to worry about this restriction any more now. With the most professional DRmare M4V to iDVD Converter for Windows/Mac, you can break the iTunes annoying DRM lock effectively from all iTunes movies and TV shows. Besides, DRmare M4V Converter has a lot of preset output profiles for iDVD, FCP, iMovie, mobile phones, smart TVs, game consoles and it can also convert the original M4A files to other formats like MP4, MOV, WMV, AVI, MPEG etc., making it easiest ever to edit videos and burn DVDs.
DRmare DRM M4V to iDVD Converter
- Remove DRM from iTunes movies, TV shows, music videos, iTunes Extras
- Convert DRM iTunes M4V videos to iDVD and other formats, players and devices
- Retain 100% original quality of the videos including subtitle, CC, 5.1 AC3 Audio
- Compatible with both Mac and Windows operating systems and latest iTunes
Part 2. Convert iTunes M4V to iDVD within Several Clicks
DRmare M4V to iDVD Converter is available for free trial, you can simply download the correct version to your computer to try it out. Once you have downloaded and installed it, you can follow the quick steps to break the DRM protection and convert iTunes videos to iDVD.
- Step 1Load iTunes M4V videos
- To get started, please launch the DRmare software, you will see a neat DRmare software screen with the text 'Drag M4V files into this area'. You can simply navigate to the iTunes library to find the iTunes videos and drag them to the DRmare software screen to import them. Another option to import iTunes movies is by clicking the '+' button, then it will show you a list of the iTunes files which are available.
- Step 2Set Output profile as iDVD
- DRmare has preseted multiple common formats and profiles such as iMovie, Final Cut Pro, iDVD, iBooks Author, ProRes and so on, you can choose 'iDVD' and click 'ok'. If you want to do more settings on the output profile, you can also slightly press on the profile, then you will see a small gear icon, which you can click to open the settings window.
- Step 3Convert iTunes M4V to iDVD
- Eventually, you can click the 'Convert' button at the bottom right side, DRmare M4V to iDVD Converter will begin to batch convert your iTunes M4V movies or TV shows to iDVD at a 30X faster speed. Depending how many files you convert, the converting time may vary. Please just wait for it to complete patiently.
Part 3. Import and Burn iTunes Videos to DVD with iDVD
When it is done, you can click the output list button to locate all the output iTunes movies without DRM protection and you can follow the steps to import iTunes videos to iDVD to burn to physical DVDs.
Step 1: Launch iDVD by double clicking it from the application folder.
Step 2: Follow the iDVD screen wizard to choose a DVD menu theme you want. Each theme includes a main DVD menu and the chapter pages and drop zones which are for adding your own videos.
Step 3: Drag the DRM-free iTunes videos into the drop zone on the DVD menu and you may import other audio files or picture files. Note: please make sure the files are less than 2GB in total, else it will exceed the capacity of a standard DVD.
Step 4: Insert a physical DVD into the CD/DVD Rom of your computer and click 'Burn' button on your iDVD, it will automatically render the project and burning the iDVD project to a DVD.
Leave a Comment