"Does Roon work with Spotify?" It is a frequently asked question from many beginners. If you are a new user to Roon, you may also have doubts about this issue. And the answer could be disappointing. Spotify and Roon have never worked together before. And there is still no Roon Spotify integration now.
Roon is an enhanced music library. It can gather a wide range of digital music resource, containing streaming services like Tidal music, Apple Music, local audio storage, and the metadata from the website and so on. The topic of the integration between streaming services and other platforms is a commonplace. Spotify is the market leader in the field of streaming music, so it is no doubt that it has a higher demand for its partner.
For the time being, there is no Spotify Roon integration. But it doesn't mean that we can't add and listen to Spotify on Roon. The critical point lies in the next paragraph. Please read it at once and learn more.
Part 1. How to Get Roon Spotify Connect: Tool You Need
How to use Roon and Spotify together? What you need is an assistive tool that can download Spotify music into local storage. It is known that Spotify Premium users can download Spotify music for offline listening. But those offline music files are not visible on your local device. And they are not playable without using the Spotify app.
That is why you need a DRmare Spotify Music Downloader. It is designed to download Spotify tracks and playlists as real local files. These local Spotify songs are allowed to change formats, including MP3, AAC, M4A, WAV, FLAC, and M4B. You can also reset sample rate, audio channel and more for Spotify songs.
Besides, this tool can convert and download audio from Spotify with a fast speed. After the conversion, you will get the local Spotify music for Roon. Then you can import Spotify playlist to Roon for use without any limits.
DRmare Spotify Music Downloader
Part 2. How to Convert Spotify Music for Roon: Detailed Tutorial
This part is a detailed tutorial on how to use DRmare Spotify Music Converter to get Spotify songs for Roon for playback.
Before displaying the details, here are some tips that you should notice first.
1. There are 2 versions of the DRmare Spotify Music Converter: trial version and registered version. The following instructions will take the registered version as a demo.
2. The trial version of DRmare provides 1-min free conversion for each Spotify track. To convert a complete song, please hit the menu icon > 'Buy Now' to unlock the full features.
3. DRmare Spotify Music Converter is only for personal use. It is forbidden to use it for any piracy and illegal distribution.
After learning from above, then you can start.
- Step 1Drag or paste music from Spotify to DRmare
- Open the DRmare Music Converter on the computer when you installed it. Then activate your license code from the menu icon > 'Register' if you had bought the program. Otherwise, you can skip this step. At the same time, the Spotify desktop app will turn on automatically. If you have been running the Spotify app, it will quit and reopen in a second.
- Now, go to browse the hottest playlist or enter into your Spotify library. Pick any playlist that you want to add it to Roon. Then copy and paste the URL of the playlist to the search column in DRmare. Tap the '+' bar on the right side to load the Spotify playlist to DRmare.
- Step 2Change the output sound settings for Roon Spotify
- On the main page of DRmare, find Menu icon and click 'Preferences' > 'Convert'. If you want to keep the same quality, please alter the output settings for Spotify to MP3, 320 kbps, and 48,000 Hz. Or you can reset the output format, bitrate, and sample rate as you need. After that, click 'OK'.
- Step 3Download playlists from Spotify on local storage
- Tap the 'Convert' icon on the bottom right side to start. The app will automatically stop when all selected Spotify songs are downloaded. Now you can find and click the history icon from the bottom. It will prompt you to the local output folder for double-checking. Then you will get local Spotify files for use on Roon.
Part 3. How to Import Spotify Playlist to Roon
Now, you are ready to make Roon Spotify support together. Here please follow the steps below to see how to import Spotify playlist to Roon. Here are 2 ways for you to refer.
Way 1. Via Drag & Drop Option
You can open the local storage folder that saves the local Spotify songs on your computer. Then launch the Roon app and drag & drop Spotify files to Roon.
Way 2. Via iTunes
Step 1. Launch the iTunes program on your computer.
Step 2. Generate a new playlist and upload the local Spotify audio to iTunes.
Step 3. On Roon, head to the Settings > 'Storage' option.
Step 4. Click on the 'Add Folder' option. It will then show the 'Choose music storage folder' window.
Step 5. At last, select the 'iTunes' option to head to add Spotify music to Roon from iTunes.
Part 4. FAQs about Roon Spotify
Q1: Does Roon Support Spotify?
A: Now, there is no integration between Roon and Spotify. So, you can't use Roon with Spotify directly.
Q2: What Music Streaming Services Work with Roon?
A: Roon can work with Tidal and Qobuz now. You can access Qobuz or Tidal on Roon to enjoy music with ease.
Q3: How Can I Use Spotify on Roon?
A: To access Spotify music with Roon, you can seek help from DRmare Spotify Music Converter. You can use it to download and convert Spotify audio to Roon-supported audio files first. Then you can add Spotify to Roon and start to listen to Spotify songs on Roon with ease.