"When my Huawei P20 Pro is locked, I can only see the Spotify cover on the screen. I can't pause, play, fast forward and backward directly unless I unlock the screen. I have tried removed and reinstall the app many times to no avail. Anyone can tell me how to fix it? Thanks a lot. " - Question from the Spotify community.
Huawei has surpassed Cupertino tech giant Apple as world's No.2 smartphone vendor in 2018 following Samsung. The new Huawei P20 is a great follow up to the well-received P10 with stunning design, bigger battery and more advanced cameras. Yet the price is good compared to other cutting-edge phones like Samsung Galaxy S9, iPhone XS. In addition, it comes with a fantastic Huawei Music Player.
If you'd like to set your Spotify music as lock screen on your Huawei P10 or other Android phones, this tutorial will be helpful for you.
Part 1. Tips to Put Spotify on Huawei Lock Screen Music Player
The Huawei P20 has a great screen widget with the EMUI system. It can help you display different background images as well as the running music apps on the lock screen. This is really convenient whenever you are on a bus, train or walking outside.
What You Need to Show Spotify on Lock Screen
1. Latest Spotify app.
2. Spotify Premium membership.
3. Huawei P20/P20 Pro or other Android phones with the lock screen widget.
How to Control the Spotify Playback without Unlocking the phone
This feature works stably. If there is no control buttons for Spotify on the lock screen, this is mainly caused by the settings. Please follow the steps:
1. Long press on the main screen of your Huawei P20.
2. Click "More Settings" button to open the settings window.
3. You will see many settings menus such as "Home layout", "Shake", "Auto-align", please find and switch on the menu "Badge app icons".
4. It supports a limited third-party music players including Spotify, Deezer, Poweramp, Google Play Music. You can enable the "Spotify app" so that it will show the playback controls on the locked screen.
5. Also, please click "Settings" > "Apps & notifications" > "Spotify" > "Notifications" > "Playback" > you can allow notifications and select the option as "display".
Part 2. How to Convert and Sync Spotify to Huawei P20 Android Phones
Still can't see the Spotify controls on the lock screen? Maybe you don't have the premium membership or the Antivirus or Firewalls block the feature. Why not try another much easier way by using the built-in Huawei Music Player? It can play the stored music from your Huawei P20 without any problems. And you can adjust the music with the integrated equalizer.
One thing you do need to keep in mind is that Spotify songs are mainly for online streaming. In order to transfer Spotify for playing elsewhere, you need to download spotify to common MP3 files offline first.
DRmare Mac Music Converter for Spotify combines the bath DRM removal technology as well as the encode audio formats to new ones. You can transform the Spotify to MP3 for all kinds of Android phones, TVs, streaming devices, Xbox, PS4, game consoles within a few steps. The best part of it is that it adopts the lossless encoding. This is totally different than the recording technology which will reduce the audio quality significantly.
Why You Should Choose DRmare Software
- Easy to use with beautiful interface while all the features are powerful
- Supports a lot of output formats MP3, M4A, M4B, AAC and other parameters
- Capture ID3 tags, metadata automatically you can edit them as well
- Once purchasing, you can enjoy lifetime free update and support to solve any issues
Now you can follow this steps to transfer Spotify songs to your Huawei P20 from computer. You can download Spotify without subscribing to the Spotify Premium membership.
- Step 1Import link of the Spotify songs
- DRmare works together with Spotify desktop app seamlessly. You can drag & drop the links of the Spotify songs to DRmare Spotify audio converter. They will show up with the cover, title, length and so on.
- Step 2Choose output parameters for Huawei devices
- DRmare presets the output format as standard MP3. This MP3 format is optimize on Huawei P20/P20 Pro, Huawei Mate 10/20 and so on. You can do a few tweaks on them by going to the "Preferences" window if you have some special requirement.
- Step 3Download Spotify tracks offline
- Select an output folder on your computer and then click "Convert" button. Your songs will be downloaded in batch to the folder you just selected. It supports the background acceleration technology with up to 5X speed. This is the fastest speed in the market by far.
- Step 4Transfer Spotify songs to Huawei P20
- There are some tools which can help you transfer music files from iTunes on your computer or from other mobile devices. But the easiest one is by using an USB cable. Just connect your Huawei mobile phone to your computer, it will be detected immediately. Then you can copy the songs from your computer and paste them to the internal storage of Huawei P20. And you can start to play Spotify songs with the Huawei Music Player.