"The Samsung Smart TV Spotify app works fine to access songs on the big screen for a long time. But recently when I go onto it, it freezes with no sound. Anyone know the reason why and how to solve it?"
Spotify is the undisputed king of streaming music with over 75 million active users and 35 million subscribers. To improve the user experience and compete with other rivals like Apple Music, Spotify also has partnered with Samsung. They roll out a new app for a newer model of Samsung devices include smart TVs, mobile devices, and so on. This Spotify Samsung TV app is well crafted for most devices.
But due to the large user base and a great number of devices, it is impossible to avoid all bugs on a daily use basis. There are some common problems of the Spotify app not working on Samsung TV. You can find out in this article and get the solutions to solve them. After that, you can play Spotify on Samsung TV without hassle anymore.
Part 1. Samsung Smart TV Spotify App not Working - Way to Fix
General Problems of Spotify not Working on Samsung TV
The new app supports on-demand playback for both premium and free listeners as well as optimized support for 'Spotify Connect' and 'big screen' on TVs. If you use the music app often on your TV, you may still encounter one or several of the problems below.
1. There is no sound on the TV screen.
2. Spotify is not showing up or it is not available on your Samsung TV anymore.
3. The Spotify software freezes there or shows a black screen.
4. Spotify simply won't load or some error messages pop up.
It's something that happens often that you will meet one of the Samsung TV Spotify app not working issues. Please don't worry. You can read the following article and find effective solutions.
Download the Latest Version of Spotify on Samsung Smart TV
The easiest way to troubleshoot is to update. When the Spotify app doesn't work, you can simply remove the previous version. And then you can download the latest Spotify on Samsung Smart TV. This should work well for all Samsung Smart TVs after 2015 with the Tizen operating system.
Step 1. Navigate to the Apps panel.
Step 2. Find the Spotify app under "My Apps" and select "Uninstall".
Step 3. On the Samsung Apps Store, search for "Spotify" and click to install it.
Besides, you can update your TV's firmware if you are running the 2012~2014 models.
Step 1. Power on your Samsung Smart TV.
Step 2. On its main screen, go to Menu > Support > Software Update.
Step 3. If there is a new version available, please follow the screen instruction to update it.
Part 2. Listen to Spotify Music on Samsung Smart TV - Best Way
The solution to reinstall the Spotify app is not difficult. But it doesn't work for some specific models. In most cases, you even notice the situation that Samsung Smart TV Spotify app not found on some TVs. Because the app is not available. Even if it is available, you can't reinstall or launch it as your Samsung smart TV is too old. For example, on the old devices, it doesn't support the free streaming of Spotify.
To avoid such kinds of annoyance, one of the best solutions is to download and transfer Spotify songs to your Samsung smart TV instead. By using a reliable Spotify converter, we can get Spotify music on Samsung Smart TV with ease. There are multiple such kinds of software available from Google.
DRmare Windows Music Converter for Spotify is the top tool to download Spotify music for Samsung TV. With powerful features and advantages, it can even download songs from free Spotify account. At the same time, it can convert them to Samsung TV compatible formats like MP3. After that, we can stream Spotify to Samsung Smart TV via the USB flash drive.
Why Choose DRmare Spotify Music Converter
- Clean user interface, download Spotify songs from the free and premium account
- Batch convert Spotify songs to MP3, AAC, M4A, M4B, WAV, FLAC quickly
- Archive the converted songs by artists or albums, keep all audio files organized
- One-stop solution to your music enjoyment, get instant support and lifetime update
How to Play Spotify Music on Samsung Smart TV without the Spotify App
Streaming music has changed the way people enjoy music. If you'd prefer the old ways to enjoy music offline by downloading files or burning CDs, now it is time to check this tutorial.
- Step 1Import Spotify song link to DRmare
- DRmare software supports to extract the Spotify music online directly from the URL. You can copy the link of the songs and then press the "+" button on the DRmare software. Or, you can drag and drop the songs, albums, playlists from Spotify app to DRmare program's main screen more easily. You can choose the method you prefer.
- Step 2Set output parameters for Spotify Samsung Smart TV
- There is no big difference in the sound quality for all formats if you play them on Samsung smart TV. So just pick up one compatible format MP3, M4A, M4B, AAC, FLAC, WAV you like. Personally I'd recommend MP3. Of course, if you are an advanced user, you can also change the channel, sample rate, bit rate according to your requirements.
- Step 3Download Spotify tunes offline for Samsung TV
- If everything is set as you expected, you can choose the output folder and click the "Convert" button. All the playlists you import will be downloaded in batch. DRmare support to download 100 songs of one playlist at a time. If you have a lot of songs to download, the software will save you a lot of time.
- Video TutorialHow to Download Spotify Music for Samsung TV
- Step 4Add Spotify music to Samsung TV
- Now you can copy the converted Spotify MP3 songs to your USB flash drive. And then insert it into your Samsung smart TV to put Spotify music. To play Spotify on Samsung TV, just run a media player and browse the MP3 files from your USB. You don't need to use any other app including the Spotify Samsung TV app. That's to say, you won't meet the issue of the Spotify app not working anymore.
Besides, you can also burn CD from Spotify and stream Spotify on Samsung TV via the CD player.
Part 3. In Conclusion
There are 2 ways and a clear video tutorial for you to play Spotify on Samsung smart TV. No matter which reason results in your Spotify app not working on Samsung TV, you can get the answer to fix it well in this post.
Do you have other ways to download Spotify music to Samsung TV? Share with us. Or if you have any other questions, please feel free to let's know in the comment area.