How to Listen to Spotify on FiiO Music Player
Can you use Spotify on FiiO music player? The good news is "yes". The FiiO music player is one of the few portable music players that allows users to use Spotify without a smartphone. If you are looking for a portable music player for Spotify, you should take FiiO into consideration.
In today's article, I would like to share my experience in how to play Spotify music on FiiO music player. Other than offering the simple installation guide of the Spotify app, I prefer to list the frequently asked questions about using Spotify on FiiO player. Then provide the best solution to the existing problems.
Part 1. How to Install Spotify Music on FiiO Music Player
It is easy for FiiO users to install the Spotify app on most types of FiiO music players. Now let's take a quick browse on the following steps.
Step 1. Copy and paste the apk file of the Spotify app to FiiO.
Step 2. On FiiO player, find and open the 'File Management' to locate the Spotify apk.
Step 3. Click Spotify apk to start the installation.
In addition, if you have Spotify Premium, you can activate the offline playing mode of Spotify songs. Just download the Spotify cache file on FiiO music player for listening. Besides the default storage, FiiO has an extra micro sd card, giving you expandable storage to save your favorite Spotify songs.
Part 2. How to Import Spotify Music to FiiO Music Player
There are some problems you may encounter in listening to Spotify music on FiiO music player. Here is a typical example.
"Does anyone use Spotify premium on the M6 and download the songs offline on the micro sd card? I can't do it. I open Spotify, I go to storage settings, I choose the micro SD card as storage by default, then all the songs are downloaded on the micro sd. But when I close and reopen Spotify changes to the internal memory of the M6 and all the music is deleted in the sd card." - Freedybirdy from the FiiO forum
The official reply offers a complex solution, if you are interested in it, you can go to the original forum to check it. But here, I am willing to sharing an easier and simpler solution instead.
Required Tool: DRmare Spotify Music Downloader
This simple method needs a third-party helper called DRmare Spotify Music Downloader, which is specialized in downloading Spotify OGG Vorbis to MP3, M4A, AAC, M4B, WAV, FLAC, and other common formats. Built-in the latest converting technology, this smart software can keep the original sound quality and complete ID3 tags.
With the support of this intelligent tool, you can download any Spotify song, album, and playlist as local music files, which are playable on FiiO without Spotify apk installation.
Now I am going to show you the details of how to stream Spotify to FiiO player via the DRmare Spotify Music Converter. Please download DRmare on your computer first. New users can get a free trial with the 1-min conversion per song. To experience the full functions, you need a registered license.
In the following parts, I will take full version as the teaching too to show you how to download Spotify music for FiiO music player.
- Step 1Launch DRmare Spotify Music Converter
- Open the DRmare program on your computer. Input the registered license to activate the full version. In the auto-opened Spotify app, log in your Spotify account and start to select the songs you need. Create a new playlist to save the songs for FiiO player. Then copy and paste the URL of the new playlist to the search box in DRmare. Click the'+' icon next to the search box.
- Step 2Modify the output sound parameters for FiiO music player
- On DRmare's interface, find and open the menu icon > 'Preferences' > 'Convert'. You can reset the output settings of the Spotify songs. If you want to save the original quality, please choose to convert Spotify to MP3, bit rate to 320 kbps, and sample rate 48000 Hz. Hit 'Save' to keep the changes.
- Step 3Download Spotify tracks for FiiO music player
- Go back to the main page of DRmare. Press the big 'Convert' button from the bottom right corner. The program will start working and downloading all the selected music files. When the downloading process ends, you can click the 'History' icon to check the local Spotify MP3 files. All of them are saved in the default 'Converted' folder.
- Step 4Stream Spotify music to FiiO music player
- Now connect your FiiO music player to the computer. Open the 'Converted' folder. Then drag and drop all of the Spotify files to your FiiO player. Now you can play your loved Spotify tracks on FiiO music player without using the Spotify app.