Have you met the glitch that Spotify won't install on macOS Catalina? When you are planning to install the Spotify app on a beta version of macOS Catalina, it pops up a prompt that 'Install Spotify' can't be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.
As a matter of fact, not only Spotify but also many common apps have such issues when trying to install them on macOS Catalina. It could be caused by that the Catalina OS is still in the beta stage. Possible solutions are to click the 'Accept as Solution' or 'Open Anyway' button temporarily. Of course, with the release of the official version, this problem could be fixed well.
Right now, the official macOS Catalina 10.15 is here and 'Spotify won't install on macOS' bug should disappear forever. So, today we will focus on the best way to download Spotify music on macOS Catalina 10.15 no matter with a free or premium account.
- Part 1. Download Spotify Music on macOS 10.15 - Best Way
- Part 2. How to Download Spotify Music on macOS Catalina
Part 1. Best Way to Download Spotify Music on macOS 10.15
You must be familiar with downloading Spotify music on Mac, if you used to access to Spotify music library using Mac computer. Obviously, it's not a difficult task. By upgrading to Spotify premium subscription, download Spotify music on Mac for offline listening with the help of the Spotify app. But it's important to note that you are not able to download individual songs. There is only a way to download Spotify playlists or albums.
If you'd like to download single songs on macOS Catalina, what should you do? According to the official guideline, you need to create a new playlist, find songs one by one, and then right-click on them to add favorite songs to your playlist. Is it so complicated, isn't it?
Here, we will introduce the best way to save Spotify music for offline playback on macOS 10.15 by using the third-party tool. DRmare Spotify Music Converter is the software we need. It endows users to ability to download Spotify songs, playlists, albums, audiobooks and podcasts at 5X fast speed. Only need to drag Spotify streams and click the 'Convert' button, you can get offline Spotify tracks for a while.
Why Choose DRmare Spotify Converter to Download Spotify Music on Mac
- Download all Spotify content at 5X fast speed, including individual songs
- Download Spotify music and playlists even without Spotify Premium
- Convert Spotify songs to MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC for offline playback anywhere
- Keep 100% original audio quality and ID3 tags
Part 2. How to Download Spotify Music on macOS Catalina
Before getting started, please download and install the Spotify app and DRmare Spotify Music Converter on your Mac running macOS Catalina 10.15. Declare again that you don't have to update to the Spotify Premium account. Because this Spotify music downloader can download Spotify songs without Premium. If you are subscribing to Spotify Premium, it doesn't matter. It also works well on downloading Spotify songs with Premium.
- Step 1Add Spotify music/playlists to DRmare
- After you launched DRmare Spotify Music Converter, there are two methods for you to add Spotify tracks to it. You can drag and drop Spotify songs from the Spotify app to the DRmare's conversion window. Alternatively, you can copy and paste the URL of Spotify to the search box of DRmare's and then click the '+' button to load Spotify files automatically.
- Step 2Set output parameters for downloading (Optional)
- This step is optional, you can directly skip it to the next step. Please hit on the 'DRmare Spotify Music Converter for Mac' from the Apple's menu bar and choose the 'Preferences' > 'Convert' to open the setting interface. Now you can set output format as MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A, or M4B and customize audio codec, bit rate, sample rate according to your needs.
- Step 3Download Spotify playlists on Catalina
- Once all settings are done well, please click the big 'Convert' button at the bottom-right corner of the main interface and then it will start the downloading process of Spotify music. In general, it works at 5X speed to download songs from Spotify to your Mac. After conversion, you can locate all downloaded Spotify playlists on your macOS computer by clicking the 'Converted' option. And you can start to play Spotify music on macOS Catalina offline.
Leave a Comment