Spotify has expanded its podcast platform, offering a vast array of podcasts in different genres (Up to 5 million podcasts). As a fast-growing podcast service, Spotify has over 100 million podcast listeners. One of the stunning features attracting users is the download option for podcasts for free.
How to download Spotify podcast to your computer and mobile devices? If you are looking for a complete tutorial, you are in the right place. In this guide, we'll walk you through the steps to download Spotify podcasts, including audio podcasts and video podcasts effortlessly. And then, you can listen to Spotify podcasts without the need for a constant internet connection whether you're commuting, traveling, or simply want to save on data usage.
Part 1. What Is Podcast?
What Is Podcast?
A podcast is an episodic series of digital audio or video files. It's available for streaming or downloading on the internet and playing on smartphones, tablets, and computers. Podcasts are typically episodic and follow a series format, with new episodes released at regular intervals, such as weekly or monthly. They cover a wide range of topics, including news, education, entertainment, storytelling, interviews, and more.
Many users may confuse it with radio. There are many differences. Podcasts are usually on-demand and can be listened to repeatedly. While the radio is scheduled to play automatically. And it won't be back when the time is over. Besides, podcasts are mainly for niche users. You can easily pick up the material you want to listen to.
Can You Download Podcasts on Spotify?
Yes. Spotify allows all users, including free and premium members to download podcasts for offline listening on mobile devices and computers.
Part 2. How to Download Spotify Podcast to Computer and Mobile
There are various reasons for you to download a podcast from Spotify. For example, you can listen to your favorite episodes offline without an internet connection. Especially for mobile users, can manage their data usage more effectively instead of streaming podcasts with cellular data.
Fortunately, no matter whether you are a free or premium user, you can get the feature of downloading podcasts on Spotify. The following is the step-by-step tutorial for computer and mobile devices.
Find Spotify Podcast and Add Episode to Your Library
For those newer to Spotify podcast, here we will guide you on how to find your favorite podcast on Spotify and add them to your library.
Step 1. Open the Spotify app on your device and log in with your account. Please make sure that your computer is connected to the internet.
Step 2. Hit the 'search' option to find a podcast via typing the name, genre, and more in the Search bar. Or you can click the 'Podcast' hub to see some recommended hot podcasts in the top, featured episodes, and categories, and then find all favorite podcasts you like.
Step 3. Choose a podcast name for more details and listen to the episodes. Once found the podcast you want to add to Your Library, hit the 'Follow' button. Then it will turn to 'Following'. Now, the Spotify podcast is added to your library. Alternatively, you can click the 'three-dots' icon to choose the 'Save to Your Episodes' option to add them to your library.
Step 4. You can see all Spotify episodes by using the "Podcasts & Shows" filter under the 'Your Library' section.
Download Podcast from Spotify to Computer:
Step 1. Use the 'Podcasts & Shows" filter to access all podcasts you love. You can find them under the 'Your Episodes' section or see them directly.
Step 2. Tap the podcast that you'd like to download. Touch the target episode and it will show up some function icons. Simply press the 'Download' icon, and it will start to add this episode to 'Your Episodes' and download Spotify podcast on computer.
Step 3. You can also directly find Spotify podcasts by the 'search' icon, open the podcast details page and click the 'Download' button to get Spotify podcast download on your computer.
How to find downloaded podcasts on Spotify: To find your downloaded Spotify podcast episodes on a computer, please go to 'Your Library' > 'Downloaded' to locate them.
Download Spotify Podcasts on Mobile Devices:
The instruction on mobile devices is similar to the desktop. If you are using an iPhone, Android phone, or tablet, please try the steps below.
Step 1. Log in to the Spotify app with your free or premium account and password.
Step 2. Find and open a podcast you want to download by using the search bar. Navigate to the podcast's page.
Step 3. Tap the 'Download' button on Android or hit the 'downward arrow' icon on iOS to initiate the download process. Then the podcast will be saved and downloaded to the 'Your Episodes' section.
Where to find downloaded podcasts on Spotify: Go to the 'Your Library', and click the 'Your Episodes' or 'Downloaded' in Spotify to find and listen to downloaded podcasts on Spotify.
See also: Where Does Spotify Music Download to
Part 3. How to Download Spotify Video Podcast
It's well-known that Spotify also provides video versions of some podcasts. If the podcast includes a video element, you can also download a Spotify podcast video for playing offline.
To make it, you need to disable the 'Download audio only' function on the Spotify mobile app. Please note that you watch video podcasts but can't download them on a computer. Now, let's check how to download Spotify video podcasts in detail.
Turn Download Audio Only/Stream Audio Only Off
Step 1. Open the Spotify app on your mobile device. Then go to the 'Settings' section.
Step 2. Click the 'Data Saver' option under the Settings section.
Step 3. Check whether the 'Download audio only' and 'Stream audio only' toggle are off. If no, then turn them off.
Check for Spotify Podcast Video Content
Make sure that the podcast you're interested in has video content available on Spotify. Tap the podcast and check whether there is a 'video' icon under the podcast title. If yes, it means that this podcast has a video version.
Download Spotify Video Podcast
Step 1. Open the Spotify app and use the 'search' bar to find the podcast you want to download with video content.
Step 2. If video download is supported, there should be an option to download the episode. Look for a download icon next to the episode or within the episode details. Tap the 'Download' button to download Spotify podcast videos for offline watching.
Part 4. How to Download Spotify Podcasts on Computer Locally
The downloaded Spotify podcasts via the above methods are cache files. Due to this, you can't locate and transfer them to other devices and players for playback without the Spotify app. Therefore, here, we will introduce another way to download Spotify podcasts as local files. With it, you can listen to Spotify podcasts anywhere anytime.
To do that, you can use DRmare Spotify Music Converter. This tool will help you download podcast audio from Spotify to plain audio files and save them on your local computer for use offline. You will also convert Spotify podcasts to audio formats like MP3, FLAC and so on. And you can customize Spotify output audio parameters like channel and more within it. Also, the output audio quality is original and with full ID3 tags kept.
And you can move downloaded podcasts from Spotify to other devices for enjoying. By the way, this software supports downloading Spotify albums, playlists, and songs as well even if you are using a free account.
DRmare Spotify Music Converter
- Download Spotify songs, podcasts, albums, playlists, etc. for free
- Batch convert Spotify podcasts to MP3, AAC, M4A, FLAC, M4B, and WAV
- Keep original quality and metadata such as album cover, title, author, etc.
- Listen to up to 320Kbps high-quality Spotify podcasts offline on all devices
How to Download All Podcast Episodes from Spotify to Computer Locally
In this section, we will show you how to download Spotify podcasts to MP3 on your local computer. To begin, you need to download and install DRmare Spotify Music Converter on your own computer. Also, make sure that you had installed the official Spotify app on your computer.
- Step 1Import Spotify podcasts to DRmare
- Launch DRmare Spotify Music Converter software from your computer desktop. The Spotify app will be opened as well. Find any kind of podcast that you want to download from Spotify. Then please drag & drop the podcasts to the DRmare main screen. Or you can directly copy the Spotify podcast link and paste it into the search bar of DRmare Spotify Music Converter.
- Step 2Choose an audio format for episode on Spotify
- To make the downloaded Spotify podcasts supported by any player, you can choose a universal format. You can select to download Spotify episodes to MP3, M4A and more. If you'd like to keep lossless quality, you can also choose WAV or FLAC. Besides, you can reset the sample rate, channel and more. After settings, click 'OK' to apply.
- Step 3Download all episodes of a podcast from Spotify
- At last, click the 'Convert' button. Within a quick while, the podcasts will be saved to your local PC and Mac computer from Spotify. When it is done, you can copy and paste the files you want to any device for offline playback.
Part 5. Spotify Not Downloading Podcasts? Fixes!
There are several reasons that may cause podcasts not downloading on Spotify or Spotify downloaded podcasts not playing offline issues. You can follow the fixes here to try to resolve it.
1. Use a Strong Internet Connection. If Spotify not downloading episode, first you need to check the network connection. If it is poor, then restart your wireless router and connect to the network again.
2. Ensure that Your Device Has Enough Storage Space. Before downloading podcasts from Spotify, you need to check whether the storage space of your device is enough. A podcast is much bigger than a single song. So, you need to have up to 1GB of free memory. If not, you need to free up some space on your device.
3. Check If You Reached the Download Limit. There is a download limit on Spotify. Please make sure that you don't reach the limit of 5 devices and 10,000 tracks. If reached, then please delete some downloads and remove devices in advance.
4. Use an Up-to-date Spotify App. If you use an old Spotify app, you may encounter some errors. So, please check the version of the app. If it is not the latest one, then go to update it.
5. Allow Spotify to Run in the Background on Your Phone. If you don't enable Spotify to work in the background, when you close the screen, it may not work well. So, please go to set and allow the app to run when your phone's screen is off.
Part 6. FAQs about Spotify Podcast Download
Q1: How to Make Spotify Auto Download Podcast?
Open your favorite podcast and go to the settings for the episode. And then scroll down to the 'Downloads' section and turn the 'Auto-download episodes' on. All episodes of this show will be automatically downloaded to 'Your Episodes'.
Q2: Do Downloaded Podcasts on Spotify Use Data?
No, it doesn't use cellular data while listening to downloaded Spotify podcasts. It's highly recommended to choose 'Settings', locate the 'Playback' option, and turn on 'Offline Mode'.
Q3: Can I Make a Spotify Queue for Podcasts?
A: Spotify podcasts can't be added to common playlists as songs can. But they can be added to your Spotify queue. It is a temporary playlist that shows what will play next. To import a podcast to your Spotify queue, you can hit on the '...' dots icon next to the podcast. Then click 'Add to queue'. Then you can see Spotify podcast in the playing queue.
View also: How to Clear Spotify Queue
Q4: How to Delete All Downloaded Podcasts on Spotify?
You can click the green 'Download' icon again and it will pop up a window saying 'Remove from Downloads'. You can tap the 'Remove' button to confirm this action. You can also tap the 'three-dots' icon to select the 'Remove from Your Episodes' option to delete all downloaded podcasts on Spotify.
View also: How to Delete Spotify Downloads
Part 7. In Conclusion
There’s no doubt that Spotify is a great place to listen to podcasts. Downloading Spotify podcasts is a more convenient way to enjoy podcast entertainment. In this article, we walk you through all the ways to download Spotify podcast to your computer and mobile devices.
All in all, DRmare Spotify Music Converter is the best way to download podcasts from Spotify. It allows you to take all local episode files and convert them to MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, etc. With the help of this software, you can enjoy podcasts offline on any device and platform you like.