If you are a Spotify fan who listens to Spotify music on computer often, you may use the Spotify desktop player often. This player is very powerful to help you manage playlists, download songs offline and so on.
But this player seems too bloated that we have hear a lot of users complaining Spotify desktop player not responding on Reddit. As a result, some users are thinking about switch to other players such as transferring Spotify music to Windows Media Player and so on.
Today we will show you how to transfer Spotify songs to AIMP which is the best music player for Windows. It is not only more lightweight but also with more useful features. Please read on.
Part 1. Spotify vs AIMP
Spotify and AIMP are both great music players. According to the Slant community, AIMP is ranked 1st as the best music players for Windows while Spotify is ranked 5th. The main reason is that AIMP can play, manage as well as filter music saved on your local computers. You can perform real-time search with file tags.
Spotify desktop client integrates 50 millions of songs online. You can easily discover and play the songs, playlists, albums you want. But you can't distribute Spotify songs to other platforms and it doesn't have powerful music management features.
AIMP is a freeware audio player for Windows and Android originally developed by Russian developer. It doesn't built in with any songs but you can import different sources of music and play different formats of audio files MP3, AAC, OGG, Apple Lossless, FLAC, WAV and audio CDs. Besides, it has the music management features like bookmark, multiuser mode, playback queue, searching by metadata, visualizer.
Part 2. Why You Can't Play Spotify Music to Other Players
The main reason why you can't move Spotify music to other players is because you don't really own the songs though you have subscribed to the premium membership.
This is also the main difference between the purchased songs and streaming songs online. As an online music platform, you can only listen to the songs. Even if you can download Spotify songs offline, they are encrypted caches files only. So no official way to copy them elsewhere.
Part 3. How to Play Spotify Music on AIMP
If you'd like take advantage of the AIMP's best music management for your Spotify music enjoyment, of course there is another workaround here. You can convert Spotify music to common audio files by using third party DRmare Spotify Converter for Windows/Mac.
This is a personal software for decrypting Spotify songs and convert Spotify to a lot of new audio formats MP3, M4A, AAC, WAV, FLAC, M4B. As it is only for personal, so it is completely legal.
Note: Please don't use this software for commercial.
Spotify Song Converter for Windows
Still not sure how does it work to transfer Spotify music to AIMP? Actually you just need to download Spotify to MP3 offline first and then you can import the MP3 to AIMP. Just follow the quick steps.
- Step 1 Add Spotify songs
- If you have curated the songs & playlist on the Spotify player for Windows, you can drag & drop the items to the DRmare Spotify screen. If you haven't, you can also search the music you want from Spotify player first.
- Step 2Customize output songs (optional)
- By default, the output format is set to MP3 which is good for most scenarios, so you don't have to make big changes. If you'd like to change the bit rate, sample rate, you can go to the software preferences window. As we have described, AIMP music player support MP3 songs perfectly.
- Step 3Download Spotify music to your computer
- Navigate to the bottom of the Spotify main screen to select a local folder from your computer and click "Convert", the songs will be downloaded to your local computer quickly.
- Step 4Add Spotify songs to AIMP
- Finally you can click the top menu > "Add" > "Files/Folder"> then you can choose the local Spotify songs or Spotify folder. When it is done, you will see all the music on the AIMP main screen. Please just click the Spotify song you want to play on AIMP player.
- Video Demo
- To learn the tutorial effortlessly, you can also watch this quick video tutorial: