Can you use Spotify with Virtual DJ? Previously Virtual DJ allowed users to remix and create their own playlists using music from Spotify. But unfortunately, Spotify has ended all third-party DJ software partnerships except Pacemaker. And since all music on Spotify is protected, there is no direct way to use Spotify on Virtual DJ. So, in this post, we'll show you how to use Virtual DJ with Spotify in the best way.
Part 1. Does Virtual DJ Work with Spotify
As of July 1, 2020, Spotify has stopped working with any third-party DJ software except Pacemaker. So now you can't use Spotify directly with Virtual DJ. If you are considering importing downloaded Spotify music files into Virtual DJ, you may find that you will fail.
This is because songs downloaded from Spotify are protected by digital rights management. This restricts users to listening and using Spotify music only on authorized platforms and devices. Therefore, you need to unprotect Spotify music before you can import Spotify music files into Virtual DJ. In addition, Virtual DJ only supports importing music files in MP3, M4A, AAC, WAV and other formats, while Spotify music is encoded in OGG. Therefore, you also need to convert Spotify OGG to an audio format supported by Virtual DJ.
You can start by checking out the comparison table below, then read on to learn about how DRmare Spotify Music Converter helps you do that.
|Virtual DJ-supported music format||MP3, M4A, WAV, ACC, WMA, etc.|
|Spotify music format||Protected OGG|
|DRmare Spotify Converter output format||MP3, M4A, WAV, AAC, etc.|
Part 2. Best Tool for Virtual DJ Spotify Integration
DRmare Spotify Music Converter is the best software to help you get rid of Spotify music protection. It can download Spotify's special OGG format to common audio formats including MP3, M4A, AAC, WAV, M4B, and FLAC.
With no need for a Spotify Premium subscription, you can easily download Spotify music to Virtual DJ-supported audio formats. There is no quality loss and you can get full ID3 tags of Spotify music files. Even better, it works at a super-fast 5X speed and supports batch processing. You can also customize the output audio parameters such as bitrate, sample rate, format, channel, and so on.
With it, you can easily get lossless Spotify music files that are compatible with Virtual DJ and then you can upload them to your Virtual DJ for mixing. You are also allowed to move these Spotify files to other DJ software or other devices.
DRmare Spotify Music Converter
Part 3. How to Use Virtual DJ with Spotify in 4 Steps
Now that you understand how this method works, let's see how to download Spotify songs without Premium and then add them to your Virtual DJ.
Note: Before this, please install the DRmare Spotify Music Converter on your computer. (You just need to click the "Download" button above or go to DRmare's official website.) And make sure you have installed the official Spotify app.
- Step 1Load Spotify tracks for use with Virtual DJ
- Open DRmare Spotify Music Converter, and the Spotify app will show as well. Now, go to the Spotify app to find the tracks you want to use on Virtual DJ. Then copy & paste the link of the songs to the DRmare software's top "search box". And then press the "+" button to load these songs. Or you can use an easier way: drag and drop the songs/playlists from the Spotify app to DRmare software's main interface.
- Step 2Set output audio format for Virtual DJ Spotify
- To use Spotify Virtual DJ, you need to alter the audio format to MP3, M4A, AAC, or WAV. You can click the "Menu" icon from the top right corner. Then choose the "Preferences" > "Convert" option. It will prompt you to all the options in a new window. Please select the audio format as MP3 to convert Spotify to MP3 for Virtual DJ. Then change the bit rate to 320 Kbps to ensure the best quality. You can also customize bit rate, and so on for using Spotify with Virtual DJ.
- Step 3Download and convert Spotify for Virtual DJ
- You can select the output folder and click the 'Convert' button to start converting Spotify music for Virtual DJ. After it finishes, you can find Spotify music from the 'History' icon or 'Output' folder. All Spotify music downloads can be added to Virtual DJ or other DJ software.
- Step 4How to add Spotify to Virtual DJ
- Install and launch Virtual DJ software on your computer. Then click the "Local Music" menu, you will see the options to import songs. They are from the folders "My Music“, "My Videos", "Hard Drive" and so on. Simply drag and drop the converted Spotify music files from your computer to the deck of it. And then you can start mixing Spotify with Virtual DJ.
- Note: iTunes users can first move converted Spotify music to iTunes and then click on 'My Music' > 'iTunes Library' to add Spotify music files.
Part 4. FAQs about Virtual DJ Spotify
Q1: What Are Virtual DJ and Spotify?
A: Virtual DJ is a DJ software for Windows PC and Mac. It can mix songs like an old turntable and CD player, but with more options. It includes adjusting speed, applying effects, and crossfading from one side to the other.
And Spotify is the most famous for online streaming music. It offers both free and paid subscription levels. The best part about it is the curated playlist from different genres and moods. You can find the right track for your audience in different moods and settings.
DJ users can get Virtual DJ Spotify jobs which is the icing on the cake. It has the ability to access various styles of Spotify music as well as DJ Spotify with Virtual DJ. DJs can create exclusive playlists for different themed parties.
Q2: Does Virtual DJ Still Work with Spotify?
A: No. Spotify doesn't allow any DJ software (except Pacemaker) to use its music.
Q3: Can You Use Spotify on Virtual DJ for Free?
A: Yes. You can use DRmare Spotify Music Converter to download Spotify songs into popular audio files compatible with Virtual DJ. Afterwards, you can import the downloaded Spotify tracks for use in Virtual DJ. It does not require a Spotify Premium account, so you can download Spotify music for free.
Q4: Is Virtual DJ Good for Beginners?
A: Yes. It is easy to operate and mix the tracks. Also, it offers a free version for all users.
Q5: What Music Streaming Works with Virtual DJ?
A: Virtual DJ can work with Beatport, Tidal, SoundCloud, Deezer, and Beatsource. You can directly access the music content from these music services on Virtual DJ. Yet, you need to be a subscriber to your music streaming service first.
See also: How to Connect Tidal to Virtual DJ
Q6: Can I Add Spotify to Virtual DJ without Importing from Local Files?
A: Yes, you can. You can do that with SoundCloud or Deezer as Virtual DJ work with them. To make it, you can upload the local Spotify songs to SoundCloud or transfer Spotify playlist to Deezer and then get Spotify on Virtual DJ via them.
Part 5. In Conclusion
Now you've learned how to use Spotify with Virtual DJ. With the help of DRmare Spotify Music Converter, you can download Spotify music to Virtual DJ-supported audio and then import it to Virtual DJ. The operation is very simple and only requires four steps. You can enjoy Spotify Virtual DJ without limitations without a Premium subscription. If you want to use Spotify on any other DJ software, you can also use DRmare Spotify Converter.