[Solved] How to Stream Spotify Music to Your Roku TV
"When will Spotify return to Roku? It has been months that Spotify playlist doesn't work on Roku. I really need this feature. Is there other alternative ways? Please help."
According to Spotify official team, they removed the app from Roku in the interest of developing a new one to improve the overall listening experience. However, as of the time being, we didn't see a sign this will be fixed in a short time. The other alternative solutions it recommends are to stream music from other devices such as Google Chromecast, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV etc. Well, that is not an ideal solution. Why need the bother to get another device with almost same features just for this? To save you from this inconvenience, here I will show you another best alternative solution to download and stream Spotify Music to Roku player.
View also: How to Cast Apple Music to Chromecast
Part 1. Alternative Way to Stream Spotify Music
Before Spotify app was removed, it is as easy as one click to play Spotify songs on Roku. Since it is not available any more, now you have to download and transfer Spotify tracks to Roku via USB or iPhone/Android mobile devices manually. How?
Spotify is the most popular streaming music service in the market, it enables users to add and share the playlists, but don't let them distribute the songs due to the DRM protection. Even if you subscribe to the Spotify Premium membership, you can only cache the files for offline listening. You are still impossible to move them elsewhere. In this case, you'd better get other tools to help you.
Tools You Need to Cast Spotify to Roku TV
1. Roku streaming box.
2. A smart TV or display with audio speakers.
3. Latest Spotify app and Roku App.
4. DRmare Spotify Playlist Converter for Mac/Windows. This is by far the best converter which works as I expected. Unlike other Spotify recorders, it adopts the direct audio decryption technology which can lossless remove DRM from Spotify songs and convert them to common audio formats. The ID 3 tag info and meta data such as title, year, artist name, album cover etc. will be kept 100%. It works well for both Spotify free or premium account.
View also: [Hot Review] Top 5 Spotify to MP3 Converters
Part 2. Remove DRM to Distribute Songs Elsewhere
DRmare Spotify Downloader for Mac/Windows
- Special for downloading Spotify tracks at up to 5X converting speed
- Output music to many formats such as MP3, M4A, AAC, M4B, FLAC, WAV
- Converted audio files can be streamed via any devices such as AirPlay, Xbox
- One stop solution to download, convert and sort the music by album/artist
Now you can follow the tutorial to remove DRM and download them offline, then transfer Spotify music to Roku. You can either do that under your Windows or Mac computer with Spotify desktop app. Please just follow the steps.
- Step 1Add Spotify tracks/playlist
- DRmare support to import files by songs/playlist/album/artist etc. Just drag and drop the item you want from the Spotify app to DRmare software main screen.
- Step 2Choose output audio format
- "MP3" is an universal format. It not only has small size but also best compatibility. This means no matter what devices you want to play the converted on, they will work perfectly. Here I'd like to choose "MP3" for the Roku TV.
- Step 3Start downloading
- Finally you can select an output folder and press "Convert" button, the Spotify DRM protection will be removed and your songs will start to be downloaded to the folder you have just selected on your local computer
- Step 4Video Tutorial
- To find how does it work in an easier way, you can also follow this video tutorial.
Part 3. Cast Spotify Files to Roku
Congratulations, you are almost done. Just follow the two ways to stream music via an USB flash drive or an Android/iOS mobile phone.
Step 1. Insert an USB thumb drive and then copy and paste your songs to it from your computer.
Step 2. Insert the USB drive into the port of your Roku streaming set-top box.
Step 3. Power on the Roku and your TV, then tap the player icon to turn on the Streaming Media Player. If it is not installed, you just need to follow the screen instruction to download it from the channel store and complete the setup.
Step 4. After that, you can choose the Spotify files and click "OK“ to start streaming the audio files on your TV.
Step 1. Install Roku cast app to your Android phone or iPhone.
Step 2. Copy your Spotify songs to your mobile device.
Step 3. Launch the app on your phone and then find and click the menu "Play on Roku".
Step 4. Now you can choose "Music" and select the exact content you want and click "ok", it takes a few seconds to mirror your iPhone/Android to Roku TV.
That is it. Any other questions? Just let's know your questions in the comment section below.