If you place an Apple TV at your house, you might want to get some music on it. The Tidal app is a good choice for your music exploring on Apple TV. Moreover, Tidal offers Hi-Fi streaming service on Apple TV. Besides Tidal music, the Tidal Apple TV also allows you to access Tidal videos, live streams, concerts, etc. Here the question comes. How to play Tidal on Apple TV? You can learn two effective ways to achieve it.
Part 1. Link Tidal to Apple TV with Tidal App - Official Way
The built-in Tidal app on Apple TV enables you to listen to Tidal music directly. You can browse the Tidal catalog and play the songs or videos with your subscription of Tidal on the TV. In addition, you are able to save the media files on it for playback. So convenient it sounds. Now you are offered the guide on playing Tidal songs on Apple TV.
1. Turn on your Apple TV. Reach the App Store from the home screen.
2. Install and launch the Tidal app on the TV.
3. Find the link.TIDAL.com on your phone or other devices.
4. Log in to your account or create a new account.
5. Input the code displayed on Apple TV and play the Tidal songs or videos on the TV.
Part 2. Get Tidal to Apple TV - Better Way
If you cancel your subscription, you can not keep Tidal music on Apple TV anymore. In this respect, you are advised to get a tool to save the media files forever. Besides, Tidal files are in its own format different from common ones. It's better to convert the Tidal songs to FLAC, MP3 and other ordinary formats. So the Tidal music will become compatible with Apple TV.
DRmare Tidal Music Converter is powerful enough to change the Tidal format for personal use. It is easy to download the songs with the DRmare software. All of the ID3 tags including title, genre, year, group, artist, etc. are preserved in the process. Then you can easily make music groups among them.
Additionally, the conversion process will just take a short time as the DRmare Tidal to Apple TV Converter will run at 5X faster speed. Most importantly, the songs are all saved without quality loss on your computer. All in all, you can own the original Tidal music files and play Tidal music on Apple TV forever.
DRmare Tidal Music Converter
Now let' see the detailed operation to get the Tidal songs downloads and send them to Apple TV.
- Step 1Import Tidal Tracks to DRmare Program
Open the DRmare Tidal Music Converter on your Windows or Mac computer. When the Tidal window shows up, choose the songs for format conversion. Copy their URL and paste it to the search bar to load the songs. Or you can drag them to the interface. You are permitted to upload up to 100 songs in one link at one time for conversion.
- Step 2Define Output Parameters for Apple TV
- Press on the "Preference" icon on the top of the window. Tap on the "Convert" option. Then select the right format from the six ones - MP3, FLAC, AAC, WAV, M4A and M4B. In addition, reset the channel, bit rate and sample rate to get the files of better quality. For users of Tidal HiFi, you are suggested to set FLAC as the output format, sample rate as 44100Hz and bit rate as 16bit.
- Step 3Download Songs on Tidal App for Apple TV
- Hit the "Converted" button on the bottom. The DRmare software will convert the Tidal tracks at once. You can locate the output files in the history folder. What you should be noticed is that you will gain a whole converted track if you buy the DRmare Tidal Music Converter. If not, you can use the free trial version to have a try.
- Step 4Stream Tidal on Apple TV
- Open the iTunes library on the computer. Drag the converted Tidal songs to the iTunes library. Then you can get the songs for playback on Apple TV. Or you can click the menu bar tab > "Files" > "Add to Library" to move the Tidal tracks to the iTunes and listen to them on the TV offline.
Part 3. By Verdict
It's exciting with the Tidal songs and videos streaming on Apple TV. Two methods above can both satisfy your needs for Tidal's playing on the TV. Just choose the one you prefer. What's worth mentioning is that the DRmare Tidal Music Converter can save the songs from Tidal not only on Apple TV but also for other streaming boxes and TVs. You can then freely play Tidal music anytime and anywhere you want.