Q: Can I stream Tidal MQA music with 24 bits / 96 kHz to Chromecast? I had tried to make this happen for several times, but failed. Is there any way that can help me? Thanks in advance!
In 2016, Tidal has allowed its subscribers to play Tidal on Chromecast since the integration with Chromecast on Android and iOS. However, Tidal desktop app isn't integrated with "Cast" currently as well you can't stream Hi-res songs to Chromecast as only Tidal app can play this kind of songs with Tidal Hi-Fi subscription.
In order to help you make it, in this post, we will introduce an alternative way for you to stream Tidal to Chromecast. Please read on it and learn more.
- Part 1. Stream Tidal to Chromecast in An Alternative Way
- Part 2. Steps on How to Play Tidal on Chromecast
Part 1. Play Tidal on Chromecast via DRmare Tidal Music Converter
In this part, we would like to recommend a powerful tool as an alternative solution for you. Then you can transfer Tidal music files to Google Play Music or Plex and play Tidal on Chromecast.
This tool is DRmare Tidal Music Converter, which can download and convert Tidal music to MP3, AAC, FLAC and other audio formats that Chromecast supports. After converting, it will save Tidal music as local files to your computer so that you can easily cast them to Google Play Music and Plex and other devices.
In addition, this tool will keep lossless audio quality with ID3 tags retained, so you don't need to worry about the output audio quality.
DRmare Tidal Music Downloader
How to Convert Tidal Music with DRmare Tidal Music Converter
Now, please install the trial version of DRmare Tidal Music Converter on your computer first. Then you can follow the detailed guidance below to learn how to convert and cast Tidal to Chromecast.
- Step 1 Add Tidal music to DRmare program
Please open DRmare Tidal Music Converter on your computer once you installed it. At the meantime, the Tidal app will be launched automatically. Then you can find the songs that you would like to stream to Chromecast for playback. Once you found the songs, then click the "three-dot" icon to choose "Share" >> "Copy Playlist Link" to copy Tidal tracks link. Next, you can paste the copied link to the search box of DRmare program and hit on "+" button. Then DRmare program will load the Tidal audio files for you.
- Step 2Set Tidal output preferences for Chromecast
- In this step, you need to set the output audio format and other parameter for Tidal music. Just click the top-right "Preference" icon to define the output formats. You can choose the formats as MP3, M4A, M4B, WAV, AAC, or FLAC according to your needs. But to get high-quality local Tidal audios, you should define the format as FLAC and WAV.
- Besides, you are also allowed to customize the parameters - Bit Rate, Sample Rate and Channel for quality you want. For FLAC and WAV output formats, you could adjust "Bit Depth" as 16 bit or 24 bit as you like. Then please click "OK" to apply the settings.
- Step 3Download and convert Tidal songs for streaming to Chromecasts
- As all the setting are complete, you can hit on "Convert" button at the main interface to start to convert. Then Tidal audio files will be downloaded and converted immediately. After conversion, you could click "history" >> "Search" icon to locate and check all the local Tidal files.
Part 2. Two Methods on How to Play Tidal on Chromecast
With the help of DRmare Tidal Music Converter, now you can get Tidal music as local files on your computer. Here we would like to show two methods for you to play converted Tidal songs on other devices from Chromecast. You can stream Tidal audios to Google Play Music or Plex. Below is the tutorial:
Stream Tidal to Chromecast by Google Play Music
Step 1. Go to Google Play Music website and login with your account.
Step 2. Click "Upload Music" icon to download the Music Manager and upload songs from your computer to Google Play Music.
Step 3. Then you can cast Tidal to Chromecast on Android or iOS devices via cloud without limitations.
Stream Tidal to Chromecast through Plex
Step 1. First, please download Plex Media Player on your computer and then login your account.
Step 2. Hit on "Add Library" >> "Music" >> "Browse from media folder" to add Tidal audio files to Plex.
Step 3. After that, you will see there is a "Cast" button in the Plex app, which will allow you to stream Tidal to Chromecast for offline playback.
Leave a Comment