"Can you add downloaded Apple Music to Garmin Forerunner watch?" Besides listening to music on the phone, now more and more people would like to enjoy music with their smartwatches. Garmin Forerunner watch should be the most popular smartwatch of Garmin.
The Garmin Forerunner Music series offers great support for music playback. In this case, you can save any music you like on the Forerunner watch and listen to them via Bluetooth. Garmin Forerunner 245 and Forerunner 645 support to store up to 500 songs for offline listening. And the Garmin Forerunner 945 can save more than 1,000 songs.
Yet, you can't directly save your downloaded Apple Music songs to Garmin Forerunner watch for playing. That's because Apple Music files are in protected M4P format which is not compatible with the Garmin Forerunner watch.
But no worry. In this post, we will guide you on how to get Garmin Forerunner Apple Music to work. And then you can play Apple Music on Garmin Forerunner watch offline.
Part 1. How to Get Apple Music on Garmin Forerunner Watch - Best Tool
In the beginning, we know that the downloaded Apple Music songs can't be used on Garmin Forerunner watch directly. So, to use Garmin Forerunner 245 Apple Music and other Forerunner watches, you need to make Apple Music files into common files first.
Here to help you, we will recommend DRmare Apple Music Converter for you. It can remove the device limitation from Apple Music songs. In this case, you can move Apple Music to other devices for use without any issues. And this DRmare program can convert downloaded Apple Music to MP3, M4A and more plain audio formats. So, you can pick up one suitable format for your Apple Music and use Apple Music on your device.
Besides, DRmare Apple Music Converter enables you to change the output bit rate, sample rate and so on for Apple Music songs. Then you will get a better listening experience with Apple Music tracks. Moreover, it supports to convert audiobooks from Audible and iTunes, and convert common audio files from the local device.
After using this tool, you can get the common Apple Music songs for Garmin Forerunner watch. Then you can move Apple Music to Garmin Forerunner watch for offline listening without any limit. You can also enjoy Apple Music tracks on any other platform you like.
DRmare Apple Music Converter
Part 2. How to Convert Apple Music to Garmin Forerunner Watch-supported Files
In this part, we will lead you through how to convert Apple Music to Garmin Forerunner watch-compatible files with DRmare Apple Music Converter. To begin, you need to download and install the DRmare Apple Music Converter on your Mac or Windows computer. Also, you need to prepare the downloaded Apple Music songs in advance. After that, follow the detailed steps below and start.
- Step 1Import downloaded Apple Music M4P files to the DRmare program
- Once installed the DRmare Apple Music Converter, start it from your computer. And it will launch the iTunes music program at the same time. Here to load the downloaded Apple Music files to DRmare for converting, you need to click on the 'add files' button at the bottom left of the DRmare program. Then you can go to browse, choose and import the Apple Music songs you want to convert for use on the Garmin Forerunner watch. And then all the selected Apple Music files will be displayed on the DRmare program's screen.
- Step 2Choose audio format for Apple Music on Garmin Forerunner 645
- To convert and download Apple Music to Garmin Forerunner 245 watch, you need to choose the compatible audio format for Garmin Forerunner Apple Music. Please click on the 'audio format' icon on DRmare Apple Music Converter. It will then show the Format Setting window for you. You can then start to set the output audio parameters for Apple Music on Garmin Forerunner watch. You can reset the output format as M4B, WAV, or others that can be recognized by the Forerunner watch. Also, you can alter the audio codec, sample rate and more if you want.
- Step 3Convert Apple Music for Garmin Forerunner watch
- At last, you need to click on the 'Convert' button to start the Apple Music song conversion process. Then it will begin and you will get the local Apple Music files after a while. You can find them via the 'converted' icon on the DRmare Apple Music Converter. Now, you are able to connect Garmin Forerunner 245 Music Apple Music and other Forerunner watches.
Part 3. How to Add Apple Music to Garmin Forerunner Watch
Now, let's see how to connect Garmin Forerunner Apple Music and play Apple Music on Garmin Forerunner 645/945/245 watch.
Step 1. Connect your Garmin Forerunner watch to your computer via the USB cable.
Step 2. Install and start the Garmin Express app on your computer.
Step 3. Choose the 'Add a Device' button to choose your Garmin Forerunner watch. Then hit on the 'Add Device' button to confirm it.
Step 4. Once connected your Forerunner watch to Garmin Express app, then hit on 'Music'.
Step 5. Select a category from the 'My Music' section. Then Garmin will detect the files in your Music folder on your computer.
Step 6. Check the boxes next to the Apple Music files you want, then click 'Send to Device'.
After then, the Apple Music files will be on your Garmin Forerunner watch. Then you can start to play Apple Music on Garmin Forerunner watch offline.
Part 4. FAQs about Garmin Forerunner Apple Music
Q1: Does Garmin Forerunner Watch Work with Apple Music?
A: Garmin Forerunner watch doesn't support Apple Music. Now, Garmin Forerunner 945 and Garmin Forerunner 245 can work with Deezer, Spotify and Amazon Music. And Garmin Forerunner 645 only works with the iHeartRadio app.
Q2: What Audio Formats Does the Garmin Forerunner Watch Support?
A: Garmin Forerunner Music watch can support most plain audio formats. They are MP3, M4A, AAC, WAV, and so on.
Q3: Is Garmin Forerunner Watch Just for Running?
A: Garmin Forerunner watch also can track users' sports data with other exercises. You can use it to track your swimming, climbing and other sports data.
Q4: Can I Add Apple Music to Garmin Forerunner Watch for Offline Listening?
A: In general, you can't do that because of the protection on Apple Music songs. Yet, you can break the limits by DRmare Apple Music Converter. After then, you can put Apple Music on Garmin Forerunner watch to enjoy with ease.
Part 5. The Verdict
This post showed you how to connect Garmin Forerunner Apple Music. You can follow the steps above to play Apple Music on Garmin Forerunner 645/245/945 and other Garmin watches. By the way, with the DRmare Apple Music Converter, you can easily convert and save downloaded Apple Music songs as local audio files. Then you can move and use them on your desired devices. Also, this tool will keep the original sound quality of Apple Music tracks so you will get a better listening experience.