Q: "Does Roon work with Apple Music? As a fan of Apple Music and Roon, I really want to import my Apple Music collection to Roon."
Unfortunately, no. Roon is a music playback software that lets you listen to your own music library. It would be a great experience to hear all your music library including Apple Music on Roon. But now there is no Roon Apple Music integration. That's why we're here. Read on and you will get the solution to use Roon with Apple Music.
See also: How to Get Tidal on Roon
Part 1. Roon Apple Music Integration - Tool Needed
While Roon only supports two streaming music platforms, Tidal and Qobuz, it also supports music files stored on internal and external hard drives. Just make sure your music files are in standard file formats, including FLAC, WAV, AIFF, ALAC, and more.
So, here's the solution - convert Apple Music M4P to common formats like FLAC. Then you can easily import the converted Apple Music files and get Apple Music Roon to work.
Our recommended tool is DRmare Apple Music Converter, which supports a variety of Roon-compatible audio formats, including FLAC, WAV, and more. Furthermore, the software maintains 100% original audio quality and all the ID3 tags. So you can get lossless Apple Music songs, then import them into Roon for listening.
|Roon-supported audio format||WAV, FLAC, AIFF, ALAC, etc.|
|Apple Music format||DRM-protected M4P|
|DRmare Audio Converter-supported format||WAV, FLAC, etc.|
After understanding the principle, let's have a clear understanding of DRmare Apple Music Converter. It will be your best helper to listen to Apple Music on Roon or other platforms and devices. By the way, the link below provides a free download of the software.
DRmare Apple Music Converter
Part 2. How to Get Apple Music on Roon - Easy Steps
Here is a guide on how to convert protected Apple Music M4P to FLAC compatible with Roon. After that, you can easily import the converted Apple Music FLAC files to Roon.
- Step 1Launch DRmare Apple Music Converter
- Download, install, and open the DRmare Apple Music Converter on your computer. You'll see its intuitive home screen with several buttons pictured above that you'll use in the next steps.
- Step 2Add Apple Music to DRmare software
- Please download the Apple Music songs you want to listen to on Roon in advance. Then you can click on the 'Add Files' button at the bottom left to load them to this DRmare Audio Converter.
- Step 3Reset output format for Roon Apple Music
- The default output format of this software is MP3 and you need to change it to FLAC or WAV for Roon. To do that, simply click on the 'Format' icon at the bottom right. There you can also customize other parameters and then click on 'OK'.
- Step 4Convert Apple Music to Roon-supported format
- Click the 'Convert' button at the bottom right to start converting Apple Music to FLAC/WAV. With a super-fast 30X speed, you can get Roon-compatible Apple Music files in your local folder. You can click on 'History' to view them.
- Step 5Import Apple Music files to Roon
- Now you can locate the well-converted Apple Music files on your computer. Then simply drag and drop them into the Roon application.
Part 3. In Summary
That's it! With DRmare Audio Converter, you can easily convert Apple Music M4P to Roon-compatible FLAC/WAV. Then you can drag and drop the converted Apple Music files to Roon. You don't need to worry about it being time-consuming because the software supports 30X high-speed batch conversion. Also, the original sound quality will be preserved, so you can enjoy Roon Apple Music lossless.