Part 1. How to Delete Music from iTunes on Windows PC/Mac
Remove Apple Music Tracks from iTunes Library
1. Open iTunes from your Windows PC or Mac.
2. Select the category as "Music" from the top left corner.
3. Go to the "Library" tab to find the songs or albums you want to remove.
4. You can select multiple songs or albums, right click on them and then choose the right option to delete them.
Depending on different versions of iTunes, the options may include "Remove Download", "Delete Song", "Keep File", "Move to Trash" and "Cancel".
"Delete Song" will remove the song from your iTunes library, computer folder as well as your iCloud Music Library.
"Keep File" will only remove the shortcut of the file on iTunes but still keep them on your computer and iCloud.
"Move to Trash" will remove the songs from iTunes and move it to trash.
"Cancel" will not delete anything.
Can I Delete Songs from iTunes Playlists Directly
If you delete song under the playlists by right-clicking and choosing "Delete", generally the songs will only be removed from the playlist but still kept on your computer. To make sure you delete the music permanently from your hard drive, you can try this new method for playlists.
1. Select the songs you want to remove.
2. Hold down the "Option" + “Control" + "Delete" on Windows or "Option" + "Command" + "Delete" on Mac.
3. On the popup menu, choose "Delete Song", then the songs won't exist on your computer anymore.