Apple Music offers millions of songs, music videos, podcasts, radios for users to enjoy on demand. It includes some inappropriate content with mature or sear words from different categories. While this is not a problem for adults, it could be harmful to the mental health of Children who lack of self-control ability.
If you subscribe to Apple Music family membership, we'd recommend you to filter out such parent advisory content. So they won't exist on your kids' iPhone, Android phone. Or if you share the computers, widescreen smart TV with your family, you'd better disable such materials on iTunes and Apple TV too.
Luckily, Apple have made it a breeze to add the restrictions so that to keep your kids safe. Now please read on if you are new to Apple Music settings.
View also: Tips about Song Playing Next on Apple Music
Part 1. Turn Off Apple Music Explicit Content on Mobile/Computer/Apple TV
Apple Music is available on many devices with the official app or iTunes. The devices include Windows/iOS/Android phones and tablets, Windows and Mac computers, smart TVs.
Block Explicit Material on Your Child's iPhone/Android
The instruction is almost the same for all iOS device such as iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Android gadgets. Here I will take iPhone for example.
Step 1. Open the "Settings" app on the iPhone you want to block.
Step 2. Navigate to "General" > "Restrictions", it will prompt you to create a four digital restriction passcode, please just do it as it asks for.
Step 3. Scroll down to the "Allowed Content" section, tap the option "Music, Podcasts & News". You can also restrict access to movies or TV shows if you want.
Step 4. Toggle the "Explicit" slider to turn it off.
Play Clean Version Music on iTunes of Your PC
Step 1. Start iTunes on your Windows or Mac computer.
Step 2. Click "Edit" > "Preferences" to open the iTunes preferences window.
Step 3. Go to the "Restrictions" tab, you can disable the sources and contents. Like "Podcasts", "Internet Radio", "iTunes Store", "Apple Music", Shared Libraries", "Movie", "Music", "TV shows", "Books". Here I choose the two options to restrict Apple Music with explicit content showed in the screenshot below.
Step 4. You may see one pop up window, just confirm it.
Disable Apple Music Explicit Songs on Apple TV
Step 1. On the home screen of Apple TV, click "Settings" > "General" > "Restrictions".
Step 2. Click "Restrictions" menu to turn on the feature. It will ask you to input a four digits passcode. Please just input and repeat it to confirm.
Step 3. Select "Clean" in the "Music and Podcasts" option which is below the allowed content heading.
Step 4. After that, the explicit tracks will no longer be available on your smart TVs. And you can't search or play them any more.
These are the official ways to limit your child to access the parent guide content. They do work very well and it is more than easy to do the settings. Note: Usually on mobile or portable device, it requires you to set up a 4-digit passcode. Please make sure to remember it. Else you won't be able to turn on the explicit content again later.
View also: Play Apple Music Videos on Apple TV
Part 2. Ultimate Way to Turn on Clean Music on Apple Music
It is not difficult to do the settings to lock the explicit content on Apple Music. But the process could be tedious if you need to do that in many device. It is even worse that sometimes you might want to switch the settings on and off. Because you don't want to your child to get get access them while you do.
It supports to download all clean version songs. And it is a customer-centric software which focus on the core technology which customers care about. Such as DRM removal, audio quality, converting speed and user experience. With it, you can get rid of DRM protection from any Apple Music tracks quickly and losslessly. The speed could reach 30X faster while encoding them to common formats MP3, M4A, M4B, AAC, FLAC, WAV.
View also: Top 5 Fantastic Apple Music Converters
DRmare Batch Apple Music Converter
- 100% clean and user friendly interface with aesthetic design, more than easy to use
- Convert Apple Music songs for any devices such as MP3 players, speakers
- Advanced audio decryption technology, convert music at a lighting fast speed
- 24/7 technical support, 60 days refund policy and lifetime free update
Now let's hands on to use it to shut down all the explicit contents. It works in a much easier way that you expect.
- Step 1Import songs and albums
- To get started, please download the clean versions DRM M4P music files on your iTunes first. You might spend some time to curate the playlists too. And then you can drag and drop the playlists from iTunes to DRmare application. Or you can click the "Add Files" button from the bottom left to browse the files.
- Step 2Define the output track parameters
- This step is optional. Generally, the default options will work pretty well. If you just want to make your music sound better or look more personalized, you can easily adjust the parameters. Such as the bit rate, frame rate, channel, codec as well as edit the meta data.
- Step 3Get the DRM free Apple Music
- At last, you can click ”Convert" button which is at the bottom right to start converting. Your clean version songs will be saved to the local folder of your computer. When it is done, you can transfer the clean Apple Music content for your kid. And you don't need to worry about any explicit content pop up any more.
DRmare software provides a once and for all solution to get clean version Apple Music files for your Children from any devices in theory. It also enables you the privilege to save the songs offline. But as a commercial software, you need to pay for it if you want to get full features. Anyway, it is a good option if you a long time music listener.