Can you speed up songs on Apple Music? As a music lover, you may want to listen to your favorite songs at a faster or slower pace. Luckily, Apple Music offers the option to adjust the playback speed for audiobooks, podcasts, but not songs. So in this article, we will guide you through the steps to change Apple Music playback speed for all audios.
Part 1. Can You Change Playback Speed on Apple Music
The answer is yes, you can slow down or speed up Apple Music for audiobooks and podcasts. This feature is particularly useful when listening to educational or informative content, as it allows you to absorb more information in less time. However, it is not possible to change playback speed on Apple Music songs directly. But don't worry, we will show you some workarounds in the following sections.
Part 2. How to Change Apple Music Playback Speed for Audiobooks/Podcasts
As mentioned earlier, you can only adjust playback speed Apple Music on audiobooks or podcasts. Now, we'll show you how to speed up or slow down an audiobook or podcast in the Apple Music app.
Change Playback Speed on Apple Music Audiobooks
Step 1. Open the Apple Music app on your device.
Step 2. Find and play the audiobooks you like. Then a Player screen will show.
Step 3. Locate and click on the 1x icon at the bottom bar. Once you hit on it, the Apple Music speed will change to 2x.
Step 4. If you continue to tap the speed icon, it will change to 0.5x speed. When you click on it for the third time, the speed will be back to 1x.
Increase Playback Speed on Apple Music Podcasts
Step 1. Open the Apple Music app on your iOS device.
Step 2. Tap on the "Library" tab located at the bottom of the screen.
Step 3. Select the "Podcasts" option from the Library menu.
Step 4. Choose the podcast episode you want to listen to and start playing the episode.
Step 5. Tap on the "1x" button located at the bottom left corner of the screen.
Step 6. Select the desired playback speed from the dropdown menu. You can choose from 0.5x, 0.75x, 1x (normal speed), 1.25x, 1.5x, and 2x.
Step 7. You can now enjoy listening to your Apple podcast episode at your desired playback speed.
Part 3. How to Speed Up/Slow Down Songs on Apple Music - DRmare Audio Converter
"Can you slow down songs on Apple Music?" In fact, Apple Music doesn't allow users to change playback speed Apple Music for its songs. In general, you can buy the Apple Music songs you want and then use them in other music player that supports adjust the playback speed.
Songs you purchase from Apple Music/iTunes are common files, so they can be used with other music players. But if you want to use songs downloaded directly from Apple Music, they are copyrighted and cannot be used on other platforms.
Therefore, before transferring Apple Music to other platforms to change play speed, you need to unprotect Apple Music first. Thankfully, DRmare Audio Converter allows you to remove the encryption. It also lets you convert Apple Music protected M4P to plain formats like MP3, AAC, FLAC, etc. After conversion, you can move Apple Music songs to other music players and change the playback speed.
Note: DRmare Audio Converter also has a function to change the playback speed of songs. And it has a built-in music player. Therefore, you can also directly use DRmare Audio Converter to listen to Apple Music without transferring to other platforms.
DRmare Apple Music Converter
How to Slow Down/Speed up Songs on Apple Music on Mac/Windows
Before we show you how to change playback speed on Apple Music, please install the DRmare Audio Converter first. Just click on the 'Download' button above to get it for free.
- Step 1Import Apple Music songs to DRmare Audio Converter
- Open DRmare Audio Converter and you will see its clean main screen. To add Apple Music songs for converting, click on the 'Add Files' button at the bottom left bar. The first button allows you to import music from iTunes, while the second one lets you add files from your local device. You can also drag Apple Music files to this software's main screen. (Remember to download Apple Music songs to your PC in advance.)
- Step 2Define Apple Music songs to common audio format
- The defaulut output format is MP3 and you can reset it to FLAC, AAC, M4A, M4B, or WAV. Please hit on the 'Audio' icon at the bottom right to alter the output audio format for Apple Music songs. Also, you can change the audio codec, sample rate, etc. After that, click 'OK'.
- Step 3Change playback speed for Apple Music
- On each added track, you will see two icons at the right. The first is the 'Effect' icon which allows you to change the volume, speed, and pitch. So, you can click on it and then make Apple Music speed up or slow down. The second icon is 'Edit' and you can use it to split Apple Music tracks or edit the tags.
- Step 4Convert and download Apple Music songs
- Touch the 'Convert' button to start Apple Music conversion at a 30X speed. After a while, you can hit on the 'Converted' icon to view the converted Apple Music songs on DRmare Audio Converter. You can also click on the 'History' list with a red prompt above to find them and listen to Apple Music. You are also allowed to move these converted Apple Music files to other music players and change the playback speed.
- See also: How to Import Apple Music to Windows Media Player
1.2 How to Change Apple Music Playback Speed on iPhone/Android
As shown above, there are two ways you can get Apple Music play speed adjusted:
- Change the playback speed of Apple Music with DRmare Apple Music Converter. Then listen to Apple Music within the DRmare software or other media players.
- Convert Apple Music to MP3 with DRmare Apple Music Converter. Then move the converted songs to other music players, and change the playback speed with other music players.
So, if you want to change Apple Music playback speed on iPhone or Android device, just use any of the above ways, and then move the converted Apple Music files to your mobile device. Below is how you can transfer the converted Apple Music files to a mobile device.
Step 1. Connect your computer with your mobile device with Bluetooth or a USB cable.
Step 2. Locate the converted Apple Music songs in your computer by clicking the 'Output folder' at the bottom of DRmare Audio Converter.
Step 3. Copy and paste the Apple Music files to your mobile device.
Step 4. Now you can change the playback speed of Apple Music with a music player that can change the playback speed, like Audipo and Music Speed Changer.
Part 4. How to Adjust Playback Speed on Apple Music - Speed Changers
Another way to change playback speed Apple Music is by using a speed changer app. These apps allow you to adjust the tempo of any audio file stored on your device, including Apple Music songs. Some popular speed changer apps for iOS and Android are Music Speed Changer, Audipo - Audio Speed Changer, and TimePitch-Pitch. To use a speed changer app with Apple Music track, follow these steps.
Step 1. Download and install a speed changer app on your device.
Step 2. Open Apple Music and select the song you want to adjust.
Step 3. Start playing the song and switch to the speed changer app.
Step 4. Adjust the tempo as desired and switch back to Apple Music.
Part 5. FAQs about Apple Music Playback Speed
About the Apple Music play speed, there are some FAQs that you should take a look at in detail.
Q1: Does Apple Music Have a Speed Changer?
A: Yes, there is an Apple Music speed changer. But it is only available for Apple Music audiobooks and podcasts.
Q2: Can You Speed up Songs on Apple Music?
A: No, you generally can't do that. However, you can use DRmare Audio Converter for help. There is a built-in music speed changer that lets you speed up or slow down Apple Music songs. It also allows you to convert Apple Music songs to plain files and then listen to them in this software. Alternatively, you can move the converted Apple Music songs to a platform that supports changing playback speed.
Q3: What Is the Maximum Playback Speed on Apple Music?
A: The maximum playback speed is 2X and the minimum is 0.5X. Note, however, that they only work with audiobooks and podcasts.
Part 6. In Conclusion
While Apple Music does not allow users to change the playback speed of songs, you can adjust the play speed of audiobooks and podcasts. Additionally, you can use third-party software like DRmare Audio Converter to speed up music on Apple Music. It has a built-in music player, so you can listen to Apple Music offline directly on it.
It is also possible if you want to move Apple Music to other music players and then make Apple Music speed up or slow down. You can use DRmare Audio Converter to remove protection from Apple Music and convert it to MP3 or other popular audio files. You can then move Apple Music songs for offline playback on any device and player.