Apple music is one of the most famous streaming services especially in the USA where it supersedes Spotify as the music with most registered users. It is available in Android, iOS, Windows phones, tablets with the dedicated apps and computers with iTunes. Anyone who are are new to the service can get 3 months free trial. You can download and backup the songs to your mobile devices or computer for offline listening.
But what if your mobile devices are running out of space? Have you thought of transferring Apple Music songs to Google Drive for backup? How to avoid losing the songs after canceling the subscription? Today I will explore the answers for you here.
View also: How to Play Audible on Google Home
- Part 1. Can I Store iTunes Library on Google Drive
- Part 2. Removing DRM before Backing Up Apple Music Songs
- Part 3. Play Converted Songs from Google Drive
Part 1. What Is Google Drive and Why It Is Great
Google Drive was launched on April 24, 2012 to store and synchronize files across different devices as well as sharing files easily for users. You can access it through the mobile apps or desktop web site. Google Drive offers up to 15G free storage. If you want more, you can also pay a small amount of money to upgrade it to a bigger plan. Compared to other other similar cloud drive services, it has many special advantages.
1. Support multiple types of files including documents DOC, XLS, PPT, images JPG, PNG, BMP, videos WebM, MPEG4, AVI, MOV, WMV, FLV, OGG and audio formats MP3, M4A, OGG, WAV and so on.
2. The distinguished search function. Google is the big giant in search engine. For Google Drive, it not only supports the keyword research but also supports the semantic search of different file types. For instance you can describe a picture and Google will search pictures with the OCR technology.
3. Google Docs online. With these powerful apps, you open, edit your documents anywhere from Google Drive without installing extra software on your computer.
All these features make it a great way to backup your digital media files. However, you may not move any copyright protected files such as Apple Music playlists from iTunes to Google Drive directly. That is because Apple Music are loaded with DRM protection. Unless your have the original iTunes account and password to authorize the files, it is impossible to listen to them with any other third-party apps. This means if you unsubscribe Apple music, all your downloaded Apple Music tracks and playlists will be unusable completely.
To avoid such problems, I'd highly recommend you to use DRmare Apple Music Playlist Converter for Windows/Mac to help you crack the DRM encryption from Apple Music and convert the M4P files to a universal MP3, M4A, AAC files before you backing up them.
View also: How to Upload Spotify Music to Google Drive
DRmare Apple Music to Google Drive Converter
- 100% clean and beautiful interface, convert Apple Music has never been easier
- Delete DRM to backup Apple Music to Google Play, Google Drive, Dropbox effortlessly
- Keep ID 3 tags, artist info, album cover etc. while converting at 30X faster speed
- DRmare provide 24/7 technical support, 60 days guarantee, lifetime free update
Part 2. How to Put Apple Music from iTunes to Google Drive
Unlike other software which use the recording technology to capture Apple Music directly which will sacrifice the output audio quality significantly, DRmare adopts the direct decryption technology to decode your audio files directly. It takes an extra step to prepare your music files on iTunes. In my opinion, it is totally worth it if you'd like best output songs.
- Step 1Add downloaded iTunes songs to DRmare
- DRmare supports all kinds of audio files from iTunes including songs/podcasts/audiobooks, Apple Music, you can click the "Add Files" buttons from the bottom left to open the Apple Music library and choose the iTunes songs to import directly. Or you can drag and drop the tracks to the DRmare main screen too if that it easier for you.
- Step 2Customize Apple Music tracks
- WAV and FLAC are two lossless formats with best quality and highest size. It is a great option if you are an audiophile. But actually you can't hear any difference from general mobile devices or computers. So you'd better choose the standard formats such as MP3, M4A, AAC if you want to save the space and have better compatibility for your Google Drive.
- Step 3Download Apple Music in batch
- With the batch converting technology, no matter how many files you want, you just need to do one click to save them to your computer. The converting speed can reach to 30X faster on Windows computers and 10.8~10.12 system. For 10.13 high sierra system, it takes longer. But it doesn't matter, you can just let the software to convert them by itself automatically.
View also: How to Copy Apple Music to Google Play
Part 3. Upload Converted Music to Google Drive
There are multiple ways to copy converted iTunes songs to Google Drive such as you can do that via Android phone, iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch etc. with the app. But it turns out that the best way is to do that via computers where your converted Apple Music are salved. You don't have to transfer files to your mobile device and install the mobile app.
Step 1. Open the Chrome browser to visit Google Drive on your computer and log on with your account and password.
Step 2. You can drag and drop to upload your Apple Music songs to Google Drive directly or you can click "New" > "File Upload" or "Folder Upload" to browse the files you want to upload.
Step 3. It may take some time depending on how much music you uploaded, so please just be patient.
Step 4. When the files are uploaded successfully, they can be accessed from any devices you own. All the Apple Music won't be lost any more even if you cancel the membership later. To play these songs, you just need to double click the files. In case they don't play well, you may install the Music Player for Google Drive.
For your convenience, you can also watch this quick video tutorial:
Leave a Comment