Part 1. What Is Google Drive and Why It Is Great
Google Drive was launched on April 24, 2012 to store and synchronize files across different devices as well as sharing files easily for users. You can access it through the mobile apps or desktop web site. Google Drive offers up to 15G free storage. If you want more, you can also pay a small amount of money to upgrade it to a bigger plan. Compared to other other similar cloud drive services, it has many special advantages.
1. Support multiple types of files including documents DOC, XLS, PPT, images JPG, PNG, BMP, videos WebM, MPEG4, AVI, MOV, WMV, FLV, OGG and audio formats MP3, M4A, OGG, WAV and so on.
2. The distinguished search function. Google is the big giant in search engine. For Google Drive, it not only supports the keyword research but also supports the semantic search of different file types. For instance you can describe a picture and Google will search pictures with the OCR technology.
3. Google Docs online. With these powerful apps, you open, edit your documents anywhere from Google Drive without installing extra software on your computer.
All these features make it a great way to backup your digital media files. However, you may not move any copyright protected files such as Apple Music playlists from iTunes to Google Drive directly. That is because Apple Music are loaded with DRM protection. Unless your have the original iTunes account and password to authorize the files, it is impossible to listen to them with any other third-party apps. This means if you unsubscribe Apple music, all your downloaded Apple Music tracks and playlists will be unusable completely.
To avoid such problems, I'd highly recommend you to use DRmare Apple Music Playlist Converter for Windows/Mac to help you crack the DRM encryption from Apple Music and convert the M4P files to a universal MP3, M4A, AAC files before you backing up them.
View also: How to Upload Spotify Music to Google Drive
DRmare Apple Music to Google Drive Converter
- 100% clean and beautiful interface, convert Apple Music has never been easier
- Delete DRM to backup Apple Music to Google Play, Google Drive, Dropbox effortlessly
- Keep ID 3 tags, artist info, album cover etc. while converting at 30X faster speed
- DRmare provide 24/7 technical support, 60 days guarantee, lifetime free update