"Can you put Audible books on MP3 player?" When you try that, you may fail. Why? We should know that Audible audiobooks are in special AA/AAX audio formats. They are not supported by most devices. So, if you want to play Audible on MP3 player, then you need to seek other ways to help.
Here in this post, we will list some tips for you to get and play Audible audiobooks on MP3 player. Now, you can follow the detailed tutorial below and learn how to do that step by step.
Part 1. How to Download Audible Books to MP3 Player with Audible Manager
Differs from the Android/iOS/Windows devices, you can't install the Audible app to play Audible on MP3 player. Fortunately, Audible provides a way to transfer the audiobooks to its compatible devices. Those devices include Garmin GPS, SanDisk, etc. To do that, you need to use the Audible Manager for Windows tool. Here we will show you how to put Audible books on MP3 player via Audible Manage program.
Step 1. Download and install the Audible Manager from the official website on your Windows computer. Then launch it.
Step 2. Plug your MP3 player into the USB port of your computer. Then click 'Devices' and 'Add New Device' from the Audible Manager.
Step 3. On the pop-up window, you will see a list of all the compatible devices. Please select your device and then click 'OK'.
Step 4. You will receive a message asking if you want to install the component files, please click 'OK' to confirm and close the Audible Manager. It will take a few minutes for the related components to be installed.
Step 5. Relaunch the Audible Manager. Then you will see your MP3 player under the 'Mobile Devices' tab. Next, tap to select it and then click 'Activate...'. Here you are required to sign in to your Audible account.
Step 6. Choose your audiobooks from the library. Then click 'Add to Device' to transfer Audible books to MP3 player.
Note: This method is available for Windows Vista and Windows 7 only.
1. It is totally free.
2. Easy to manage and get Audible books on MP3 player.
1. You can only do that under Windows computers.
2. Need to authorize the Audible AA/AAX files with the Audible account name and password.
3. Not compatible with some types of MP3 players.
Part 2. How to Put Audible Books on MP3 Player by Audible Windows 10 App
If you use Windows 10, then you can use the Audible Windows app to download Audible books to MP3 player. Below are the steps for you on how to do that. Please check them out.
Step 1. On your Windows 10 computer, download and install the Audible for Windows 10 app.
Step 2. Once installed, then open it and connect your MP3 player with your computer.
Step 3. When linked to the MP3 player, the Audible app will detect it.
Step 4. Hit on the '...' icon on the Audible app to display all the options. Then touch the 'Add to ...' option. Or you can drag and drop the Audible book to the device icon on the screen.
Step 5. Touch 'OK' on the pop-up window. And then go on to log in to your Audible account. Next, hit 'Activate' to your Audible account for your MP3 player.
Step 6. Now, it will start to transfer Audible books to MP3 player for you.
Note: From the year 2022, the Audible app for Windows 10 was not available anymore. See also: How to Listen to Audible on Windows 10.
1. Free to use.
1. Work on Windows computers only.
2. Need to authorize with your Audible account.
Part 3. How to Transfer Audible Books to MP3 Player by DRmare Audio Converter
The ways above only work with Audible-compatible MP3 players. What if you want to listen to Audible books on MP3 player not work with Audible? Is there a way to fix it? The answer is positive. All you need is a third-party tool to get Audible books as local files.
DRmare Audible Audiobook Converter is polished with the most advanced audio encoding technology. It can access your Audible files to decrypt and extract the pure audio files. And it can convert the audio files without changing the metadata. Besides, the output music files are 100% lossless.
With this Audible converter, you can convert Audible to plain audio tracks for use on any device. It supports to output the audio files into MP3, AAC, M4A and more. Also, you can reset the codec, change the volume and so on for the audio tracks as you want. After the conversion, you will get and keep the Audible books on your computer. Then you are ready to transfer Audible books to MP3 player or other devices for offline listening.
DRmare AA/AAX Audiobook Converter
- Bypass protection from Audible AA/AAX files, Apple Music and so on
- Convert books from Audible to MP3, AAC, M4A, FLAC, WAV, and M4B format in batch
- Split the large audiobook files into small chapters for easier navigating
- 30X faster speed with parallel processes, work like a flash beyond your imagination
How to Get Audible Audiobooks for MP3 Player by DRmare Audio Converter
Are you interested in the DRmare Audible Audiobook Converter? If so, please press the 'Download' button to get it into your computer. After that, start to use it to convert and download Audible books to MP3 player.
- Step 1Add Audible AA/AAX books to DRmare
- Click the two 'add files' buttons from the bottom left on DRmare to import your Audible books. You can add the audiobooks files from the iTunes library or computer folder. But please make sure that you had downloaded the books in advance.
- Step 2Select MP3 output format for Audible books on MP3 player
- By default, DRmare software has already selected the 'MP3' as the default output format. So, you don't have to do anything else. But in case 'MP3' is not chosen, you can go to the audio icon and then click it to change the output format. One important setting is to split the audiobooks to chapters so that you will have smaller music files. In this way, you can listen to the converted Audible on MP3 player easier. Besides, there are many customization options such as reducing the bit rate, frame rate, editing tags, etc.
- Step 3Convert Audible books to MP3 player compatible files
- Next, click the 'Convert' icon on the DRmare Audio Converter screen to convert all files in batch. With the parallel converting acceleration technology, you will be surprised how fast it runs when you use it for the first time. What is even better is that the output quality is 100% lossless. When the process is finished, you can hit on the 'history' icon to get the converted Audible audiobooks on the computer.
- Step 4Listen to Audible audiobooks on MP3 player
- Now, the Audible books can be used anywhere and anytime. How to transfer and play Audible on MP3 player? It is easy. Just connect your MP3 player you want to your computer. Then move the Audible books to MP3 player. After then, you can enjoy Audible audiobooks on any MP3 player and any device you want offline.
Video Guide: How to Put Audible Books on MP3 Player
You can follow this video tutorial to learn how to convert and play Audible audiobooks on MP3 players with DRmare Audio Converter.
1. Support all kinds of MP3 players
2. You can transfer Audible AA/AAX audiobooks from either Windows or Mac computers
3. No authorization is required and you can listen to Audible books offline anywhere
1. Freemium, offers a free trial version.
Part 4. Wrapping Up
Here in this post, we showed three ways for you to play Audible books on MP3 player. Yet, the way in Part 1 and Part 2 only work with Audible-compatible MP3 players. If you have other MP3 players, then you can seek help from the way in Part 3. By using the DRmare Audio Converter, you can convert and keep Audible audiobooks as local files for use anywhere. Then you can transfer Audible books to MP3 and more devices you want for offline listening.